Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by codestar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinzzze View Post
My M3 was built on Sept 16 so definitely yes according to the sheet. However I can only see the RAM stop-sale on the UK site. Maybe I lucked out?
what site is it that you checked? My SA told me that she hasn't seen any changes in my order, it's been at 155 for her for 2 weeks now
BMW UK site with the VIN number. However the site has not been working for me since Saturday.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2021, 02:55 PM   #266
codestar
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 Model S P100D

Garage List
Quote:
BMW UK site with the VIN number. However the site has not been working for me since Saturday.
I didn't get a chance to check before it was taken down. I think my car escaped the recall though; I checked the VIN and it shows a build date of 2021-09-15 and the recall bulletin showed the date range for the m4's to end before that. FWIW I checked the canadian recall site as well and nothing shows up but I know that probably isn't accurate anyways...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-12-2021, 05:15 PM   #267
Osiris888
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: .

Canadian dealers now have info on which cars are affected.

If you call the parts dept or your SA at the dealership they can let you know if the recall is showing on your VIN.

Message has been relatively consistent. It is ok to drive the car and no further details on remedy or timelines.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2021, 03:49 PM   #268
codestar
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
QQ

at least it's not the main bearing....
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-13-2021, 04:17 PM   #269
VancityG82
Private
Rep
Drives: 22’ BG M4 xDrive

Quote:
what site is it that you checked? My SA told me that she hasn't seen any changes in my order, it's been at 155 for her for 2 weeks now
Another fellow Vancouverian waiting for G82 here! Mine went to status 155 and has been stuck there for more than 5 weeks now. Its still at 155 so it might stay at that status for a while
Appreciate 1
codestar180.50
      10-14-2021, 12:37 PM   #270
codestar
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by VancityG82 View Post
Another fellow Vancouverian waiting for G82 here! Mine went to status 155 and has been stuck there for more than 5 weeks now. Its still at 155 so it might stay at that status for a while
We'll probably be delivered at the same time then
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2021, 08:48 PM   #271
evilalien
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY22 M3 Competition xDrive

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VancityG82 View Post
We'll probably be delivered at the same time then
Might be all of us. Mine is still at Bremerhaven waiting to be loaded.
Appreciate 1
codestar180.50
      10-20-2021, 05:04 PM   #272
akBMWGrandRiver
Private
Rep
Drives: 22 X3 30i

cars are starting to move our M3 for inventory just arrived on this side of the ocean finally
Appreciate 1
evilalien450.50
      10-20-2021, 05:18 PM   #273
DAlby18
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: Toronto Red M3 Competition

Has anyones vehicle gone into production over the last 5 weeks. Mine was suppose to get started first week of September but still nothing yet.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2021, 07:52 PM   #274
Dual.V8
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: m5 f90

Garage List
  [0.00]
Hi guys

I put an order for a 2022 rwd model this morning and I was planing to get a fire orange exterior but my vendor can't seem to find this option
Any of you got a chance to get an individual color by any chance ?

Thank you
      10-21-2021, 10:22 AM   #275
Type-S
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F82 M4/E92 M3/E82 1M

I got lucky...August build and not affected by the recall (knock on wood)
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 11:27 AM   #276
Kimchiguy79
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 Lexus IS500 FSP Launch Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAlby18 View Post
Has anyones vehicle gone into production over the last 5 weeks. Mine was suppose to get started first week of September but still nothing yet.
I just called BMW Canada contact centre. I was originally September production that got bumped to October. And now it's been bumped to November but at least I have a production week - 45. And for whatever reason, all she could see on the screen was Premium Package, Connected Drive Professional Package and Storage Compartment Package (whatever that is). Maybe it's the way they code it but there was no mention of moonroof, interior CF trim or the 825m Orbit Grey wheels I chose. Do I need to have my SA chase after these?

I'll be lucky if I get it in time for Christmas.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 12:36 PM   #277
codestar
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimchiguy79 View Post
I just called BMW Canada contact centre. I was originally September production that got bumped to October. And now it's been bumped to November but at least I have a production week - 45. And for whatever reason, all she could see on the screen was Premium Package, Connected Drive Professional Package and Storage Compartment Package (whatever that is). Maybe it's the way they code it but there was no mention of moonroof, interior CF trim or the 825m Orbit Grey wheels I chose. Do I need to have my SA chase after these?

I've called bmw canada twice now and both times they told me that they cannot see any information other than it's "in production". I don't know how anyone else is getting more info from them...? Have you been using 1-800-567-2691?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 01:02 PM   #278
Kimchiguy79
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I've called bmw canada twice now and both times they told me that they cannot see any information other than it's "in production". I don't know how anyone else is getting more info from them...? Have you been using 1-800-567-2691?
Yup, that's the only number I've been calling every month. Today was the first time that they actually confirmed anything beyond "in production" but my BMW Sales Manager just emailed me back to say that it's locked in for week 45 with all the options I ordered.
All of our American and European friends have the privelege of online tracking but in Canada we're not given anything.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 01:06 PM   #279
DAlby18
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I called them a while back and they couldn't give me anything with my allocation number. I just called them now using the number you gave and they see that the vehicle is on order and that the build month is November. I guess I may see the vehicle in January.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 01:07 PM   #280
DAlby18
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yup, that's the only number I've been calling every month. Today was the first time that they actually confirmed anything beyond "in production" but my BMW Sales Manager just emailed me back to say that it's locked in for week 45 with all the options I ordered.
All of our American and European friends have the privelege of online tracking but in Canada we're not given anything.
Ya I don't get why we can't have an online tracking system like everyone else. Why is it that Canada is always half a decade behind.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 01:27 PM   #281
Kimchiguy79
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I called them a while back and they couldn't give me anything with my allocation number. I just called them now using the number you gave and they see that the vehicle is on order and that the build month is November. I guess I may see the vehicle in January.
Have faith, maybe we will see a Christmas Miracle happen and Santa will deliver them both on his sleigh.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 01:38 PM   #282
codestar
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
texted my SA and still @ 155. 3-4 weeks and counting
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 06:41 PM   #283
DAlby18
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Have faith, maybe we will see a Christmas Miracle happen and Santa will deliver them both on his sleigh.
I hope so. If it's early November we should be good if all the stars align. Unfortunately there is only bad news these days. If it's not a production push it's a shipping delay. If not a shipping delay it's a recall.

But let's be happy because imagine if your ordered a Mercedes. Anyone who had a 63 on order got cancelled or downgraded to a 43/45. Luckily our engines are still being made.

My sales rep at Mercedes' basically said they are only building the expensive cars. G wagons and S classes.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 07:17 PM   #284
Shinzzze
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Week 37 production with RAM stop-sale here. Car is waiting at Bremerhaven for RAM installation since September 18. My SA contacted the logistics department at BMW Canada and they expect my car to be delivered at end November - early December.

Judged by most of week 35 builds just arrived at east coast VPCs with RAM stop-sale open, I think the estimate I got is realistic. However, I'll need to see if my RAM issue is resolved in the next week or two.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 07:56 PM   #285
DAlby18
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Week 37 production with RAM stop-sale here. Car is waiting at Bremerhaven for RAM installation since September 18. My SA contacted the logistics department at BMW Canada and they expect my car to be delivered at end November - early December.

Judged by most of week 35 builds just arrived at east coast VPCs with RAM stop-sale open, I think the estimate I got is realistic. However, I'll need to see if my RAM issue is resolved in the next week or two.
I guess I shouldn't complain I got delayed. I wonder if they delay is the Fiona Red as a lot of people who got pushed back had the FR interior.

Regardless if it was on schedule it would have had the RAM hold. Just as Kimchiguy79 said hopefully Santa is good to us.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 09:10 PM   #286
Kimchiguy79
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I hope so. If it's early November we should be good if all the stars align. Unfortunately there is only bad news these days. If it's not a production push it's a shipping delay. If not a shipping delay it's a recall.

But let's be happy because imagine if your ordered a Mercedes. Anyone who had a 63 on order got cancelled or downgraded to a 43/45. Luckily our engines are still being made.

My sales rep at Mercedes' basically said they are only building the expensive cars. G wagons and S classes.
Yes exactly, it's all perspective - while there are pitfalls everywhere along the way at least we're still getting one of the last great ICEs to be produced.
Apparently Mercedes had quality control issues with their V8 bi-turbo so that's why they cancelled many orders.
Appreciate 0