01-12-2024, 12:47 PM   #23
OGOverkill
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackCO View Post
aremmell I was in the same situation as you when I first got my ‘24 G82. I ended up with the following config:
  • AWE Switchpath exhaust
  • AWE non-res midpipe that keeps the secondary cats
  • AA GESI catted downpipes
  • Dahler exhaust valve controller

The setup in my opinion is flawless. Deep roar and nice burples with hardly to no rasp. Close the valves and put the car in efficient mode and your neighbors won’t know you modded a thing.

Good luck with your search!
How much louder is that midpipe? I have the same DPs and am looking for just a bit more, but also want to keep it quite when the valves are closed to make sure i dont wake the family on cold starts! I dont want to change the axle back.
Appreciate 1
      01-12-2024, 02:24 PM   #24
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep
Drives: Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
This leaves us with a few options only. Active Autowerke midpipe, Evolution Racewerks, Akrapovic exhaust, REMUS or AWE.

For a deeper midrange without rasp or drone, the single midpipe is your best bet (active is the only brand from the ones mentioned which makes a single mipipe).

From what you described in your first post, that sounds like the best option for you.

Btw, we offer 170 brands. No one pays us extra to push their products. My goal is to get you what you are looking for, whatever it is, I'm sure we offer it. Vendors who offer so many brands are the best sources to ask, in my opinion.
What about ERGE? I have an Akra exhaust with the non resonated short pipe but trying to decide if I forego the short pipe and do an ERGE single (akra only midpipe) or keep the midpipe and get catted Akra downpipes. Any suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2024, 02:55 PM   #25
OGOverkill
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelToeShift View Post
What about ERGE? I have an Akra exhaust with the non resonated short pipe but trying to decide if I forego the short pipe and do an ERGE single (akra only midpipe) or keep the midpipe and get catted Akra downpipes. Any suggestions?
Ill take your short pipe, especially if its the Ti version
Appreciate 2
      01-12-2024, 09:18 PM   #26
WolfpackCO
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '24 M4 G82 xdrive coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGOverkill View Post
How much louder is that midpipe? I have the same DPs and am looking for just a bit more, but also want to keep it quite when the valves are closed to make sure i dont wake the family on cold starts! I dont want to change the axle back.
OGOverkill I couldn’t tell you personally as I had both installed at the same time. Not sure if you’ve seen the following video but it starts with the AWE switchpath exhaust w/stock midpipe, then switches to AWE non-res midpipe. For the price I think it’s absolutely worth it.

https://youtu.be/pgxJLvAKBZw?si=8WEHRGaElwHwvke1
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2024, 09:27 AM   #27
Kstein
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3Cx

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGOverkill View Post
I had similar requirements and went with a resonated midpipe. I had that installed first and it increased sound a lot. AA GESI downpipes installed later did make it louder, but not by much. I default my valves open, and cold starts are very loud, especially in the garage. Managable, but anyone outside the car needs to shout if you’re going to hear them. When I shut the valves, it’s much more reasonable. Everything I’ve read, non-resonated will be louder.

I’ll work on a few clips, though it’s really hard to pick up the overall tone and loudness on a phone.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2024, 11:53 AM   #28
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Im not familiar with ERGE. I even tried to google and did not find anything

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2024, 01:32 PM   #29
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Im not familiar with ERGE. I even tried to google and did not find anything
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2024, 01:57 PM   #30
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idemo View Post
Ali expresse one
That's from Aliexpress??
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2024, 09:30 AM   #31
marconi118
Major
Rep
Drives: 06/07 e93 335i

where to buy ERGE mid?
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2024, 09:01 PM   #32
aremmell
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 M4 Comp xDrive

Garage List
OP update: installation of Supersprint catless downpipes and catted j-pipe complete (retained OEM muffler assembly/valve controller).

I do not have a check engine light, and yes, I gave it full beans after the install several times. I drove around an hour home and still do not have a CEL.

The following is a short and crappy quality video, since it was taken with an iPhone and I ran out of road in 2 seconds leaving my friend's house/shop, but you can at least get a basic feel for the sound of this setup in case you're in the market. I will return with higher quality videos/sound when the weather improves.

I am in my M1 mode here, so everything turned all the way up: video

Notes:
  • There is some droning with the valves "open" at some RPMs in some situations, but it isn't constant. On the highway it was indiscernible from stock.
  • It burbles quite a bit at 3-4K RPM when you let the throttle off. I personally do not like this sound at all, and am going to look into ways to mitigate it (suggestions welcome).
  • It otherwise sounds the same as stock, but louder and meatier.
  • I would estimate the Supersprint hardware is half the weight of the OEM midpipe and downpipes (plus the deleted cross-pipe).
  • The fitment is literally perfect; it might as well be OEM. I highly, highly recommend the brand, even if it's a bit pricey–you get what you pay for. Sales staff was super easy to deal with, responsive, and within a week I had the exhaust from Italy on my front porch.
  • The car pulls noticeably harder (I did 3rd gear rolls because it was wet; it still spun all 4 Pirellis in AWD sport), and I had 550+ lbs of extra humans in the car with me at the time, so IMO it is a very impressive performance boost when combined with a cold air intake (I have Eventuri). My passengers, both who had ridden in the car before the exhaust swap remarked that they could physically feel an increase in acceleration.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2024, 08:29 PM   #33
aremmell
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 M4 Comp xDrive

Garage List
Got some proper WOT sound. 30-100mph roll (not me driving, obviously. that's illegal).

https://youtu.be/ICZbh5UCvgo
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2024, 10:42 AM   #34
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aremmell View Post
Got some proper WOT sound. 30-100mph roll (not me driving, obviously. that's illegal).

https://youtu.be/ICZbh5UCvgo

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2024, 12:40 PM   #35
Info@mad-us.com
Rep

Drives: bmw

Quote:

Heat shielding is unnecessary in the specified area of the exhaust. The vehicle is already equipped with exhaust heat shielding beneath the chassis. The objective is for the exhaust to expel heat rather than retain it raising egts. In the context of race cars, the sole purpose of heat shielding is in areas of the engine bay or locations with limited airflow or confined space.

Last edited by Info@mad-us.com; 02-07-2024 at 01:06 PM..
Appreciate 0