BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics G80 M3 /G82 M4 versus...

11-12-2022, 04:38 PM   #23
2011ninja
Colonel
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
Good thing you were on the highway.

Any tesla besides plaids and even some of the "older Pxx" teslas have terrible top end.

Had you run into any tesla from a stop, then they'll be saying bye bye to you til about 70 or 80. In which case he can let off and claim victory.

I love my model 3. It's always fun to put performance cars in their place during my commute. I don't even try on the highway though. At least not until i get my plaid
King for 3 seconds 🤣

Nice beating on the commuters 🤣

I'm just trash talking 🤓

Tesla Played for $130K+?

Anything that big I'm leaning on Luxury;

2023 Lexus LS 500 $80K

It's not to late to get the Lexus 😇

Jokes aside enjoy the Tesla plaid nice ride post pictures when ya get it

And how bad can ya really get beat in 3 seconds.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2022, 05:46 PM   #24
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011ninja View Post
King for 3 seconds 🤣

Nice beating on the commuters 🤣

I'm just trash talking 🤓

Tesla Played for $130K+?

Anything that big I'm leaning on Luxury;

2023 Lexus LS 500 $80K

It's not to late to get the Lexus 😇

Jokes aside enjoy the Tesla plaid nice ride post pictures when ya get it

And how bad can ya really get beat in 3 seconds.
I been taking weekend joyrides with my cars dedicated just for the weekends for about 2 decades now. Dating back to my C5 days.

One thing i learned is that you see more opportunities and more risky people wanting to have fun in your monday-friday drives than i do when i actually want to take one of my toys out on the weekend. It seems to me recently that people who are taking their nice cars out on the weekend are just going for nice weekend cruises and not wanting to push their cars as much.

When you have idiots trying to rush to work or rushing to leave work to go home is when you need to exploit them. And i have been having a fucking blast with my model 3 for about 8 months now doing just that. So far i am undefeated from a stop light. I know if i roll raced a proper performance car i would get smoked. But my commute doesn't involve that type of driving. I get on the highway for about 5 minutes, which usually has lots of cars anyway so i can't do those 60-130 runs with people, even if i did have my plaid lol.

0-60 is what sells these days. Americans love that thrill. 60-130 is fun too but not realistic in most areas.
      11-12-2022, 11:22 PM   #25
brava09
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4C xdrive

No Tesla I meet wants to play; they drive in battery saving mode all time
11 Audi RS5 Misano Red--sold
08 E92 M3 Jerez Black 6MT--sold
08 E92 335i 6MT traded in for M3
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2022, 11:23 PM   #26
2011ninja
Colonel
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brava09 View Post
no tesla i meet wants to play; they drive in battery saving mode all time
🤣😂🤣😆
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2022, 10:53 AM   #27
Jackie Chiles
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4CX

Quote:
I am DYING to race an M4C xDrive!!

Seriously. And I hope I get beat. I want my (not yet allocated) M4C xDrive to be faster 0-60, 50-100 and 100-150 than my M3P.

Here in waaaay upstate NY, the drag from a stop light provides the best opportunity for an adrenaline rush and a beatdown of ICEs.
2023 M4CX - RIP - WGI Turn 9
2024 M4CX - Week 39
Appreciate 1
BGM-M3COMP2328.00
      11-13-2022, 02:16 PM   #28
2011ninja
Colonel
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
Quote:
I am DYING to race an M4C xDrive!!

Seriously. And I hope I get beat. I want my (not yet allocated) M4C xDrive to be faster 0-60, 50-100 and 100-150 than my M3P.

Here in waaaay upstate NY, the drag from a stop light provides the best opportunity for an adrenaline rush and a beatdown of ICEs.
I don't condone street racing but I make exceptions for Testla

Don't be this guy

Fools be magazine racing; don't believe that bs elast musk be selling you

I've whipped upon 2 Tesla's that tried it.

Model 3 and P85D made that fool put on his hazard lights and submit
Appreciate 1
G-Mann413.00
      11-13-2022, 06:22 PM   #29
Jackie Chiles
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4CX

Quote:

Don't be this guy

I love the look on the faces of the guys I crush with my M3P.

I hope I can do the same with an M4 Comp XDrive.

M3s are slower than M4s for some reason. Why? Weight? Gearing? Poor launch control?
2023 M4CX - RIP - WGI Turn 9
2024 M4CX - Week 39
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2022, 07:13 PM   #30
vbb
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post

M3s are slower than M4s for some reason. Why? Weight? Gearing? Poor launch control?
If they both have the same transmission then they're essentially the same. The weight difference is negligible.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2022, 07:22 PM   #31
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Don't be this guy

It's no secret a M3P will run similar 1/4 times than an M3/M4 give or take a couple of MPH at the finish.

The difference is that teslas will run that consistently, anywhere. Whereas ICE performance cars need perfect conditions to run that.

That said, what model 3 was in this video? The LR or the performance? Plus if i was the model 3 owner, i would agree to an 1/8 mile race. Let the AWD systems battle each other out, we know teslas cut it short on the big end unless you're driving a plaid or the Pxx models.
      11-13-2022, 07:34 PM   #32
2011ninja
Colonel
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Don't be this guy

It's no secret a M3P will run similar 1/4 times than an M3/M4 give or take a couple of MPH at the finish.

The difference is that teslas will run that consistently, anywhere. Whereas ICE performance cars need perfect conditions to run that.

That said, what model 3 was in this video? The LR or the performance? Plus if i was the model 3 owner, i would agree to an 1/8 mile race. Let the AWD systems battle each other out, we know teslas cut it short on the big end unless you're driving a plaid or the Pxx models.
Couldn't tell in video 🫤

I can just share my personal experience and I've yet to have a Testla be a problem for my M3.

I see them dart around here and there but not in the danger zone 140+

As far as the Plaid S; yes they are stupid fast with 1000+ HP…

That said; I suspect they will claim the short run victory not the go to jail stuff I'm exposed to 140+

The plaid handles like absolute crap and it weighs a ton…

Every review says it's a dangerous car at speed
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2022, 09:26 PM   #33
2011ninja
Colonel
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3coco View Post
I was at the light with one (a 3 with the dual motor) we both went for it and I "beat him". He was an older gentleman and at the next light rolled down his window telling me nice car, one of the few he knows that can beat him lol
Humble pie is a dish best served cold…

Good job!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2022, 07:04 AM   #34
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Couldn't tell in video 🫤

I can just share my personal experience and I've yet to have a Testla be a problem for my M3.

I see them dart around here and there but not in the danger zone 140+

As far as the Plaid S; yes they are stupid fast with 1000+ HP…

That said; I suspect they will claim the short run victory not the go to jail stuff I'm exposed to 140+

The plaid handles like absolute crap and it weighs a ton…

Every review says it's a dangerous car at speed

I know 2 people with plaids and they love it. The only complain they have, is that sometimes that brutal acceleration makes them nauseous.

The plaid does decent on the track given its weight. It ran similar times as an m5cs at the ring. A long enduring track.

That’s impressive. It’ll only get better from here.
g80z673.00
Vic5519365.00
      11-14-2022, 11:16 AM   #35
Lexura
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M3 Jahre Edition

Garage List
2023 BMW M3 Jahre  [9.50]
2022 BMW X5M   [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
I was at the light with one (a 3 with the dual motor) we both went for it and I "beat him". He was an older gentleman and at the next light rolled down his window telling me nice car, one of the few he knows that can beat him lol

Good job!!!
These model 3 performance drivers are cocky as hell in my neighborhood. When I had my F80 M3, they were mostly trying to stop light race and even roll race me. And then with my G82, they are now mostly avoiding me like COVID. One tried and got humiliated big time from a roll though. I just waved at him and he waved back..
      11-14-2022, 11:51 AM   #36
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
I know 2 people with plaids and they love it. The only complain they have, is that sometimes that brutal acceleration makes them nauseous.

The plaid does decent on the track given its weight. It ran similar times as an m5cs at the ring. A long enduring track.

That’s impressive. It’ll only get better from here.
Yes sir and Im an owner---anyone who thinks a 4900 lb car with 1000hp and tq can handle brilliantly needs a physics lesson. But to your point, its put up some one lap brilliance. But is that really what the car is for? For me, hell no. Just a novelty unit that I think is pretty fun and Ive had it for over a year which says something. Is it better than my M8 or G80X--- nope but its different and complimentary in nature.

But for all the heft and power, the car can be a weapon in the right hands (feet) so to speak. I have learned my Plaid well and know my personal limits which clearly are less than the car and its excessive speed and limited braking capability for all the weight and power. Its just raw force and things just wont stop as fast. The brakes are fine if one doesnt track the car (not sure why anyone would but it could be for testing/fun situations).

I would never have the Plaid as an only car but Im fortunate to have quite a few others that offset it. The car has a better than normal Tesla interior and a pretty good sound system since there is no exhaust LOL. The big screen is cool and the tech is welcomed. Its still an EV but the exponential difference in speed really allows me to brutally destroy those that may want to play on the express way in Mexico or at a light. But Im an M and P boy fan at heart with some other German sprinkled in; Fremont, CA is not my fave place to buy a car ahhahah

Lower it and add some wheels and a real steering wheel and the car can turn out ok.

2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black

Last edited by Vic55; 11-14-2022 at 12:08 PM..
Appreciate 6
Lexura314.50
BGM-M3COMP2328.00
JDUNITNOW3513.00
MIM5219.50
      11-14-2022, 11:52 AM   #37
2011ninja
Colonel
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexura View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Good job!!!
These model 3 performance drivers are cocky as hell in my neighborhood. When I had my F80 M3, they were mostly trying to stop light race and even roll race me. And then with my G82, they are now mostly avoiding me like COVID. One tried and got humiliated big time from a roll though. I just waved at him and he waved back..
That's been my experience as well and good kill!
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2022, 12:18 PM   #38
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Yes sir and Im an owner---anyone who thinks a 4900 lb car with 1000hp and tq can handle brilliantly needs a physics lesson. But to your point, its put up some one lap brilliance. But is that really what the car is for? For me, hell no. Just a novelty unit that I think is pretty fun and Ive had it for over a year which says something. Is it better than my M8 or G80X--- nope but its different and complimentary in nature.

But for all the heft and power, the car can be a weapon in the right hands (feet) so to speak. I have learned my Plaid well and know my personal limits which clearly are less than the car and its excessive speed and limited braking capability for all the weight and power. Its just raw force and things just wont stop as fast. The brakes are fine if one doesnt track the car (not sure why anyone would but it could be for testing/fun situations).

I would never have the Plaid as an only car but Im fortunate to have quite a few others that offset it. The car has a better than normal Tesla interior and a pretty good sound system since there is no exhaust LOL. The big screen is cool and the tech is welcomed. Its still an EV but the exponential difference in speed really allows me to brutally destroy those that may want to play on the express way in Mexico or at a light. But Im an M and P boy fan at heart with some other German sprinkled in; Fremont, CA is not my fave place to buy a car ahhahah

Lower it and add some wheels and a real steering wheel and the car can turn out ok.

That’s so fucking sick dude lol.

People can talk shit all they want on these cars but they work, they’re fast as fuck and they’re popular. Not to mention menacing. People dog the looks but look at bmws 4 door super sedans. The m5? Your plaid looks better. The m8 gc? Your plaid looks better and will run circles around it.

I couldn’t get a plaid as an only car either. But it’s nice to know you can feel that rush of insane acceleration and it’s only your commuter car. I don’t have my plaid yet but my puny “slow” model 3 long range with acceleration boost does a consistent 3.7 0-60. Enough to beat anything in my commute up to 70 or 80. I could never go back to an ice daily. Not really interested in track times persay. When I get my c8z it won’t ever see a race track.
      11-14-2022, 12:30 PM   #39
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
That’s so fucking sick dude lol.

People can talk shit all they want on these cars but they work, they’re fast as fuck and they’re popular. Not to mention menacing. People dog the looks but look at bmws 4 door super sedans. The m5? Your plaid looks better. The m8 gc? Your plaid looks better and will run circles around it.

I couldn’t get a plaid as an only car either. But it’s nice to know you can feel that rush of insane acceleration and it’s only your commuter car. I don’t have my plaid yet but my puny “slow” model 3 long range with acceleration boost does a consistent 3.7 0-60. Enough to beat anything in my commute up to 70 or 80. I could never go back to an ice daily. Not really interested in track times persay. When I get my c8z it won’t ever see a race track.
I had an M8 GC and I think you might be close to right in regards to looks... the Plaid has that wide body rear even though the GC is a big fatty.

I know my personal limits on roads that I take where I live, the Plaid handles pretty damn good for a non "sporty style" car IMHO. Ive taken it on the same big bends and sharp corners. I just tq power it thru and then use that power to offset the understeer. Its still a bit floaty but I run the firmest setup and best handling choice as well.

The issue is that people dont know how to learn a car and than use that against their personal skill set which causes issues. Its rare that anyone has a car that, out of the box, runs a real life 2.1 or 2.2 to 60, traps 120 in the 8th and around 150 at the quarter. These are just numbers that can be too much for the layman out there. The day I got it I first tested out the brakes, the chassis, the air dampers, and of course the steering on many roads. I needed to see where there were gaps and of course there are but, not to sound like a broken record, learn the damn car!!!

Here is my GC...

Similar location --- who wore it better LOLOL

2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 4
      11-14-2022, 04:25 PM   #40
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DO444 View Post
How did an m3 beat a turbo s.
I thought the turbo S was a 0-60 2.8 car.
The tuned M3 Comp xDrive is easily a 2.8 0-60. Prime example. This is also a 2023 LimeRock 50 Jahre.
Turbo S is a 10.1 qtr.

Language warning

Last edited by Limegrntaln; 11-14-2022 at 04:33 PM..
Appreciate 1
      11-14-2022, 04:52 PM   #41
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
I had an M8 GC and I think you might be close to right in regards to looks... the Plaid has that wide body rear even though the GC is a big fatty.

I know my personal limits on roads that I take where I live, the Plaid handles pretty damn good for a non "sporty style" car IMHO. Ive taken it on the same big bends and sharp corners. I just tq power it thru and then use that power to offset the understeer. Its still a bit floaty but I run the firmest setup and best handling choice as well.

The issue is that people dont know how to learn a car and than use that against their personal skill set which causes issues. Its rare that anyone has a car that, out of the box, runs a real life 2.1 or 2.2 to 60, traps 120 in the 8th and around 150 at the quarter. These are just numbers that can be too much for the layman out there. The day I got it I first tested out the brakes, the chassis, the air dampers, and of course the steering on many roads. I needed to see where there were gaps and of course there are but, not to sound like a broken record, learn the damn car!!!

Here is my GC...

Similar location --- who wore it better LOLOL

Honestly, your plaid wore it better lol. And i don't think it's bias because while i am a tesla owner, i don't have a plaid. And i never had an M8 but I AM A V8 NUT. Love my V8's to the fullest. But out of those 2, i would pick the plaid. More useful, faster, probably more comfortable, appeals to many these days. I would only get the M8 if i just wanted V8 sound, that's it.

You're right about people needing to learn about the car.

The thing is that usually people fall prey to hate on something when they see others doing it. Without ever knowing what it's about.

Meaning pick a subject your co-workers typically talk shit about, then go up to them the next day and go, "hey, did you see that video yesterday with the interview elon had? That was crazy right?".

Then your coworker (without ever knowing what you're talking about but because they hate elon would respond like this), "yeah i know!! Elon is so dumb i can't believe he would say stupid shit like that"

Then you can say, i was joking there was no interview i just wanted to hear your response when elon is the subject.

It's an odd psychological way of wiring your brain to hate something you don't understand anything about. Before i got my model 3, people at work talked shit about electric cars. Saying it'll take hours to charge at a supercharger. They have no soul, it's so dumb. We need sounds. I wanna feel the car shift it's gears and all that fucking nonsense.

I get my model 3, park it in the lot and right away, "sooooo who got the tesla? Can i see it?" Ohhhhhhh give me a ride!!! HOly fuck this is fast as fuck!!! hahaha omg omg, i think i wanna get one of these now.

I still love my engines but i am so loving this electric car stuff. Especially for a daily driver. NOTHING beats an electric car for daily driving. Comfortable, quiet, and fast. I love my tesla!
Mr Friese186.00
      11-15-2022, 10:41 AM   #42
Mr Friese
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Honestly, your plaid wore it better lol. And i don't think it's bias because while i am a tesla owner, i don't have a plaid. And i never had an M8 but I AM A V8 NUT. Love my V8's to the fullest. But out of those 2, i would pick the plaid. More useful, faster, probably more comfortable, appeals to many these days. I would only get the M8 if i just wanted V8 sound, that's it.

The thing is that usually people fall prey to hate on something when they see others doing it. Without ever knowing what it's about.

Meaning pick a subject your co-workers typically talk shit about, then go up to them the next day and go, "hey, did you see that video yesterday with the interview elon had? That was crazy right?".

Then your coworker (without ever knowing what you're talking about but because they hate elon would respond like this), "yeah i know!! Elon is so dumb i can't believe he would say stupid shit like that"

Then you can say, i was joking there was no interview i just wanted to hear your response when elon is the subject.

It's an odd psychological way of wiring your brain to hate something you don't understand anything about. Before i got my model 3, people at work talked shit about electric cars. Saying it'll take hours to charge at a supercharger. They have no soul, it's so dumb. We need sounds. I wanna feel the car shift it's gears and all that fucking nonsense.

I get my model 3, park it in the lot and right away, "sooooo who got the tesla? Can i see it?" Ohhhhhhh give me a ride!!! HOly fuck this is fast as fuck!!! hahaha omg omg, i think i wanna get one of these now.

I still love my engines but i am so loving this electric car stuff. Especially for a daily driver. NOTHING beats an electric car for daily driving. Comfortable, quiet, and fast. I love my tesla!
Yep, I was on the hate brigade for awhile until I picked up my Model Y Performance. There's literally nothing else like it. ICE still has its place, but having also owned an F80 M3cs and a G80 M3 MT, anyone saying that they would "smoke" the M3P is telling little white lies.

And people please, for the love of god, don't bring modifications into the equation. No one cares that you can beat car X because you are modded. I can also mod my Civic to beat every car on the road... no... one... cares.
Appreciate 1
BGM-M3COMP2328.00
      11-15-2022, 11:23 AM   #43
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Friese View Post
Yep, I was on the hate brigade for awhile until I picked up my Model Y Performance. There's literally nothing else like it. ICE still has its place, but having also owned an F80 M3cs and a G80 M3 MT, anyone saying that they would "smoke" the M3P is telling little white lies.

And people please, for the love of god, don't bring modifications into the equation. No one cares that you can beat car X because you are modded. I can also mod my Civic to beat every car on the road... no... one... cares.
I love ICE. But their time is up I hate to say.

Once batteries get lighter, and charging gets improved, will wipe out ICE for the most part. It will be used Mainly for recreational purposes. Like a weekend only cruise, maybe some automotive events similar to vintage racing of today.

In terms of daily driving right now nothing beats it. I charge my car once every 2 weeks. Supercharger is 6 miles away with one being built a mile from my house. It only gets better.

I still have my fun during my commute because of how effortless it is to go fast and exploit gaps in traffic you can’t really do with a normal ice car because it needs time for a downshift which alters your judgement a bit because you’re not sure if your car can take it.

I know not everyone loves a Tesla but other car makers will catch up and offer new innovative features to their ev lineup. People will soon love to drive them.

Did you get FSD in your model y?
      11-15-2022, 01:05 PM   #44
Lexura
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M3 Jahre Edition

Garage List
2023 BMW M3 Jahre  [9.50]
2022 BMW X5M   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Friese View Post
Quote:

So, you are saying that I am telling a white lie? Did you not see the carwow video? If you are near me I would gladly prove you wrong anytime and anywhere.
2011ninja3396.00