BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics G80 M3 /G82 M4 versus...

11-11-2022, 02:36 PM   #23
PeregrineFalcon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: vw cc

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelToeShift View Post
So much misinformation you are putting out there. If you look at the test it says the CSL was on Cup2Rs.
What are you talking about?!

I have simply asked on what tire was the M4CSL because I couldn't find an info about it, just as I didn't know that GT4RS was on Cup2's on that track!

Quote:
It is in BMWs best interest to always send with the one lap super tire for the very best time because otherwise times would be much too close to the Xdrive for comfort.
Considering that big, heavy limo such as M3Xdrive was faster on some tracks than more expensive, dedicated sports car such as Carrera 2S, that is not such a tragedy.
But I have seen many test videos with Cup2, or even 4S tire mounted on the M4CSL.

Quote:
Go look at how the Cup2R impacts times. When they tested the CUP2R on a GT3RS initially, the Cup2R was 1.8 seconds faster than the Cup2 on a lap that clocked just over 1 min. Imagine how that can play out over even longer laps...
If that is the proportional case for every single track, than you might be 100 percent right, but since I don't think that is the case, you are just guessing!

Quote:
I also think that the driver, Christoph Tinseau would be much more knowledgeable on how a tire would impact a car. You saying his estimate is not accurate is like saying you're not going to trust a rocket scientist when it comes to propulsion engineering.
I didn't say his estimate is not accurate, or accurate, I said that he only "thinks" that, in other words he is guessing, just like you are, and as long as you or him don't provide the time for the GT4RS on Cup2R tire, it just that, guessing!

Quote:
I did NOT say the GT4 would simply be as fast as the RS just with tires (it would not). I said the gap would be cut down by 2-3 seconds at Hockenheim - the power and slight aero advantage take care of the rest
But using the same logic and proportional rationale, and judging by the times on other tracks, the GT4 with just the Cup2R tire would be almost as fast as GT4RS, which is pure nonsense!

But we can most definetly agree to disagree, because any further debate without hard data is fruitles
Appreciate 1
CanAutM321116.50