BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics G80 M3 /G82 M4 versus...

07-22-2021, 08:57 PM   #23
M3AWD
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by brava09 View Post
How do you know the G80 xdrive is more engaging than the F90? They are within 100 kg in weight difference, I am afraid the G80 xdrive will provide similar levels of engagement to those of F90.
One is based on the 3 series and one is based on the 5 series They have to feel different for many reasons.

Also keep in mind weight is not everything as the G80 RWD reviews & tests already proved. But either way I would expect the real life difference between the G80 & F90, both xDrive, and similarly equipped, to be 300-400 lbs. I understand you posted the source but once people put the AWD M3 on the scales (should be 110 lbs heavier than the RWD) we'll see the real life difference.

2022 G80 M3 Comp M xDrive
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2022, 07:50 PM   #24
carbon_f32
Rep
Drives: bmw 4 series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Irony but I cant speak the AWD G8X since I dont have seat time but can imagine it will be amazing from the launch.

I have an M8 GC and a G80 M3 RWD--- boy are they two different cars:

The M8 GC is the widest BMW ever made and also very long at 206 inches, its truly a GT car for highway speed crushes and AWD launches. The steering is not as on point as the G80 nor is the driving feel. Of course the M8 is a big fatty at 4400 plus pounds while the G80 is around 600 lighter.

Ill often take my M8 on the same roads I just drove my G80 to compare and clearly the G80 is more nimble and will drive into turns and out of them better but will not be as fast thru the straights. The M8 is just got sheer velocity for the GT car it is. The question is what does one want: the scalpel or the hammer. The M8 sounds better (all these comparos are stock to stock) and has the better interior as it should since it costs much more. But the M8 is big and it will show its weight if one tries to get into the turns too heavy.

I love both cars for the characteristics they differ vs each other. If I was stuck with just one, Id probably take the M8 GC since my needs are more along the lines of express way speed and lighter street driving. But damn that G80 does impress:

If someone where to buy both the new m4 and m8 how much money would you need to bring in?
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2022, 10:16 PM   #25
Buddym850icoupe
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M850i coupe, C43amg sedan

I have m4c xdrive, had m850i coupe and test drove m8 comp convertible. I would go with the m8. I do think the steering is better on the m4 but the m8 steering had more heft and it didn't feel artificial. Also, exhaust sound is superior on the m8. If u do go with the m8, please get Bowers and Wilkins. It's just spectacular. It also adds a pop in the interior imo. The HK is a let down, it's just meh in both the m4c and in the m850i. I think the m8 gran coupe is gorgeous. I'm sure the extra weight of the gran coupe makes a difference but neither my m850i coupe or the m8 convertible that I drove felt that massive
Appreciate 1
YamaLink425.00