BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs)

06-09-2021, 09:19 AM   #1
OF Hero
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80!

Frozen paint in the midwest - fool's errand?

Really want to try a more "special" color with my upcoming build and have been eyeing Frozen Portimao Blue.

I hand wash all my cars so I'm not worried about the incorrect products being applied to the paint...but this will be a true everyday daily - in the snow, muck, rain, everything. Usually keep my cars 3-5 years - with proper maintenance should I be in ok shape or will I end up regretting it after a couple of harsh winters?

I've also considered just getting the regular portimao blue and putting stealth PPF on it, but in my area, wrapping the entire car + coatings would cost substantially more than just the upcharge for the frozen paint alone.

Happy to hear any other thoughts...thanks!
      06-09-2021, 10:29 AM   #2
barryc365
Major
Rep
Drives: BMWM3

I would go with the stealth PPF on the regular Portimao

It'd work out much cheaper because the frozen paint probably needs full PPF anyway on a daily driver in the salt and snow of winter
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2021, 08:00 AM   #3
FISH22
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition

Garage List
2021 BMW M3C  [10.00]
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
The trick with Frozen is keeping it clean often, so when you do go to wash, you’re not “rubbing” the paint. Which in turn can actually buff/polish the Frozen finish. I can’t say enough great things about Dr Beasley’s products. I would say the best line up of matte-specific products.

My Frozen White G80 stays in a garage when I’m not driving it. And although I don’t deal with salt and terrible roads down here in Virginia, I do live in the country and the front end gets slammed with bug guts. I try to wash the car at least once a week during heavy use. With a good foam and pressure spray, I barely have to use a wash mitt on the surface. I even have a CR Spotless resin filtration system so I don’t have to dry the car. The less you rub the surface, the better.
Appreciate 4
npcars47.50
element561089.50
maelfyn155.00
      12-04-2021, 07:17 PM   #4
Hephaestus
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISH22 View Post
The trick with Frozen is keeping it clean often, so when you do go to wash, you’re not “rubbing” the paint. Which in turn can actually buff/polish the Frozen finish. I can’t say enough great things about Dr Beasley’s products. I would say the best line up of matte-specific products.

My Frozen White G80 stays in a garage when I’m not driving it. And although I don’t deal with salt and terrible roads down here in Virginia, I do live in the country and the front end gets slammed with bug guts. I try to wash the car at least once a week during heavy use. With a good foam and pressure spray, I barely have to use a wash mitt on the surface. I even have a CR Spotless resin filtration system so I don’t have to dry the car. The less you rub the surface, the better.
I’m getting a frozen black M4. What Dr Beasely product would you use?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2021, 08:32 PM   #5
FISH22
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition

Garage List
2021 BMW M3C  [10.00]
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeynolegs View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FISH22 View Post
The trick with Frozen is keeping it clean often, so when you do go to wash, you're not "rubbing" the paint. Which in turn can actually buff/polish the Frozen finish. I can't say enough great things about Dr Beasley's products. I would say the best line up of matte-specific products.

My Frozen White G80 stays in a garage when I'm not driving it. And although I don't deal with salt and terrible roads down here in Virginia, I do live in the country and the front end gets slammed with bug guts. I try to wash the car at least once a week during heavy use. With a good foam and pressure spray, I barely have to use a wash mitt on the surface. I even have a CR Spotless resin filtration system so I don't have to dry the car. The less you rub the surface, the better.
I'm getting a frozen black M4. What Dr Beasely product would you use?
Honestly, all of their matte specific products are great. I have even switched to all of their leather care products as well for my G80.

What I have used from them so far; matte paint cleanser, this has been great for cleaning up stains, mostly a spot cleaner that I don't use that much.

Matte wash soap. Nice sudsy and slippery soap to prevent scratches. I use this soap in my foam cannon as well for a presoak.

Matte final finish. This is just a matte-safe quick detailer. I'll usually use this every other wash after the car is dried. Makes the paint pop but still keeps the matte look.

My favorite product of theirs, matte coating pro kit. Pretty pricey at $500, but it's a very easy DIY. Is an actual solids ceramic coating. Probably the most durable matte coating on the market. Was about an 8 hour job. Car is still beading water like crazy after 5 months and 5k miles. Every few months I'll use their advanced coat matte to condition the ceramic coating.

I daily my M, about 50 miles a day, sits outside most the time, and their products have done an incredible job at keeping the frozen paint clean and looking new.
Appreciate 1
maelfyn155.00