Drives: X3M Competition

These cars look so angry in black.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2021, 06:53 PM   #24
bimmermann88
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW g05

Looking forward to your feedback on the psi mid pipe!
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2021, 02:21 PM   #25
Telly9987
Just a guy with a heavy foot
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80

UPDATE!!!!

AST was taking way to long so cancelled the springs and moved to MSS adjustable. Should be here next week!

Also heavily debating the following:
BBS LM
BBS FIR
BBS FS

Im super torn. The FIR look like every other base BBS wheel UNLESS you know what your looking at and then there fantastic. The LM are the most OG out of them all but im not sure if they fit the car correctly. Kind of make the wheels look small IMO but its growing on me. Haven't seen the FS in person but I kinda dig the spoke design.... Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2021, 12:09 PM   #26
JTO24
never could compete with Lloyd Braun
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telly9987 View Post
UPDATE!!!!

AST was taking way to long so cancelled the springs and moved to MSS adjustable. Should be here next week!

BBS LM
BBS FIR
BBS FS

Im super torn. The FIR look like every other base BBS wheel UNLESS you know what your looking at and then there fantastic. The LM are the most OG out of them all but im not sure if they fit the car correctly. Kind of make the wheels look small IMO but its growing on me. Haven't seen the FS in person but I kinda dig the spoke design.... Thoughts?
I'm a fan of FI-Rs but what about LM-Rs?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2021, 01:46 PM   #27
Telly9987
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTO24 View Post
Quote:
UPDATE!!!!

BBS LM
BBS FIR
BBS FS

I'm a fan of FI-Rs but what about LM-Rs?
Best of both worlds lol. Not too sure. The LM is the LM ya know. The FIR is the FIR. THE LMR is a blend. Dunno how I feel about it. I love the lm's my issue is that they generally make the wheel look smaller due to the lip and on the G80 the wheel well already isn't ideal IMO so anything that makes the wheels look smaller isn't ideal IMO
Appreciate 1
JTO245274.50
      06-21-2021, 08:46 PM   #28
Telly9987
United_States
Rep

So the AST springs were taking way too long. MSS kit will be in my hands end of the week. Also got a line on custom BBS E89's in satin black. Will post pics of test fit to see if I like em. If not, FIR it is.

Car went in for round 1 of PPF Xpel as Im not doing the whole car until Vorsteiner gets the kit handled with me. Then a full wrap.

Subtracted: AST Springs , 12mm x 15mm wheel spacers
Added: BBS E89 20x10 20x11

Car in shop: Xpel PPF whole front end - Ceramic coating as well
Appreciate 1
JTO245274.50
      07-03-2021, 03:35 PM   #29
Telly9987
United_States
Rep

Xpel PPF is done on the whole front clip as well as the skirts, some of the rear rockers and the roof. Looks fantastic. Alpha Restyling did an amazing job. IND color matched reflectors are installed also. really love the front but not sold on the rear. I think the red might of given the rear a bit more of an aggressive look.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2021, 11:40 AM   #30
Oeon
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3C

Any more updates? Would love to see the MSS kit test fit and some more pics

2022 AWD G80 M3 Comp | Week 29 Build | BSM w/ Fiona Red
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2021, 11:41 AM   #31
Telly9987
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oeon View Post
Any more updates? Would love to see the MSS kit test fit and some more pics
Car is currently apart. Should be done in another week or so then pics will commence Thanks for the interest!!!!
Appreciate 2
Oeon105.50
Sedan_Clan25086.50
      07-08-2021, 12:21 PM   #32
PokGuy
The Ma of all E90's
Rep
Drives: the neighbors craaazzzyy!

Garage List
2007 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
So the AST springs were taking way too long. MSS kit will be in my hands end of the week. Also got a line on custom BBS E89's in satin black. Will post pics of test fit to see if I like em. If not, FIR it is.

Car went in for round 1 of PPF Xpel as Im not doing the whole car until Vorsteiner gets the kit handled with me. Then a full wrap.

What ET on the BBS E89? I was thinking of doing BBS LM's
20x10 ET22
20x11 ET24

Not sure if the front is too aggressive or not. Please send pics when yours is done! I'm in LA as well
      07-08-2021, 12:24 PM   #33
Telly9987
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokGuy View Post
Quote:

What ET on the BBS E89? I was thinking of doing BBS LM's
20x10 ET22
20x11 ET24

Not sure if the front is too aggressive or not. Please send pics when yours is done! I'm in LA as well
For sure. Hopefully a week or so. Then deciding on lip color. Pics the second I can
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2021, 01:14 AM   #34
Telly9987
United_States
Rep

EDIT 7/19/21

EDIT 7/19/21

Well some of the mods are in and some driving has commenced.

PSI Midpipe INSTALLED
MSS INSTALLED
Future Classic Spacers INSTALLED

So let's start with the PSI. I think it sounds fantastic. Great tone, low rumble on downshifts and decel. Cold start and valve open starts its very very loud but a nice tone IMO. Not everyones cup of tea but I do enjoy it. Not too loud and def not too quiet. Don't feel any power gains (didn't expect to) but many more smiles per hour for sure.

MSS. Have the front slammed on max setting and rear on 8mm from max low. Looks: front needs to come down at least another 15mm or more to be correct. MSS claims it'll settle but I don't believe it. 15mm is a lot. Ride quality is great on street with no noticeable changes. Just a responsive and tracks great. Camber is set near OEM at the moment but will be changing alignment when BBS installed. Ride isn't harsh and can for sure feel the difference in each mode. Very responsive BUT not giving 100% as waiting for front to finish. Currently running the OEM rubber spacers instead of the MSS units as they are a bit thinner. I have seem some people on the forum flipping springs, and shocks all together as well as removing the height adjuster in the front to get maximum drop. I didn't trust it as some of the mating surfaces didn't mount flush and would stress the shock. One guy ran the front without the height adjuster all together. Great looking but after mocking up on my car, seemed to be a band aid AND will stress front members incorrectly along with potentially prematurely blowing out the shock. Not worth it IMO. Will find another way to get the aesthetic Im looking for.

Future classic: They're spacers. If they work there great if they don't work there junk. Pretty simple. These work lol

So I took the car to the track for the first time with the above changes. Car is savage. The MDM is great and very tunable. Predictive in each setting with very precise amounts of slip change per setting. Very very nice. Happy with the electronics for sure.

Brakes: SUCK! The brakes faded after one lap and left me second guessing my brake markers by the second session. Pad bite felt fine, but the stock fluid is trash. Boiling for sure. I dont know the wet point on the OEM fluid but either Motul 660/700 or SRF will be going in right away. I will be ordering the EBC pads and trying them as well.
Coming off each session (10mins or so, it was hot AF out) upon parking in the garage the brakes were smoking. Powering off the car and not applying the parking brake helped to cool as did fans but they were smoking for sure.

Power delivery is precise and felt very manageable. Didn't chirp tires or spin uncontrollable. (Michelin P4S4 tires). Im sure if I move to CUP2's ill be happier with my corner speed and exit speeds.

Car doesn't like to initiate turn on throttle. I felt that the front pushed a bit (understeer) (keep in mind the setup is slightly choppered out since MSS install) but if allowed to correct by pedaling through initial turn in the car hooks up nicely. Once pointed correctly using minor mid corner throttle inputs the car seemed to hook and drive off apex very well. Manageable for sure. Big smiles all around. Really impressed.

All and all Im very happy with the car and looking forward to the next steps in the build. More coming soon and stay tuned for a big pic dump!
Appreciate 3
JTO245274.50
Sedan_Clan25086.50
      07-26-2021, 12:56 AM   #35
Telly9987
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 2
chicagofan0019143.00
Scorp!on1511.50