Technical Sections Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

11-23-2021, 06:35 PM   #1
evoi19
Lieutenant General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80C

Brake Swap Compatibility

Thought I'd ask to see if anyone knew but may call up Brembo for a definitive answer.

I have an e90 with a Brembo big brake kit and I'm getting ready to sell her soon, but wanted to see if the calipers and rotors would be interchangeable and can be swapped over to the g80. I'm assuming the caliper should fit with new SS brake lines fitted. The rotor i'm not sure of though. Would the 5x120 bolt patter on the e90 interfere with the g80?

If it does work, then figuring out if the stock wheel's offset would clear the calipers would be the next question!

Anyone venture a guess?
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2021, 11:01 AM   #2
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by evoi19 View Post
Thought I'd ask to see if anyone knew but may call up Brembo for a definitive answer.

I have an e90 with a Brembo big brake kit and I'm getting ready to sell her soon, but wanted to see if the calipers and rotors would be interchangeable and can be swapped over to the g80. I'm assuming the caliper should fit with new SS brake lines fitted. The rotor i'm not sure of though. Would the 5x120 bolt patter on the e90 interfere with the g80?

If it does work, then figuring out if the stock wheel's offset would clear the calipers would be the next question!

Anyone venture a guess?
The G80 wheel bolt pattern is 5 X 112.
Appreciate 0