BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums AUSTRALIA

10-12-2021, 08:17 AM   #1
eclipsenf
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Bearing recall, told my deposit is non refundable

Hi, I just wanted to start a discussion about this. I was told by someone at BMW in Australia, that if my car is affected by the bearing recall, and I haven't received delivery of my car, that my deposit would be non refundable if I want to cancel delivery, because it's a factory ordered car. This certainly doesn't seem right to me, I'm sure we have better consumer protection in Australia? Anyway my car does not seem to be affected by this recall, but I would certainly be talking to a lawyer about BMW refusing to return my deposit under such circumstances.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2021, 10:06 AM   #2
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Ice Cream Truck

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipsenf View Post
Hi, I just wanted to start a discussion about this. I was told by someone at BMW in Australia, that if my car is affected by the bearing recall, and I haven't received delivery of my car, that my deposit would be non refundable if I want to cancel delivery, because it's a factory ordered car. This certainly doesn't seem right to me, I'm sure we have better consumer protection in Australia? Anyway my car does not seem to be affected by this recall, but I would certainly be talking to a lawyer about BMW refusing to return my deposit under such circumstances.
Id not worry too much about it. Be thankful they found the issue and can quickly fix it before you even get your car. To me, this is much better than getting the car and THEN having a recall.
      10-12-2021, 01:42 PM   #3
eclipsenf
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGW0RM View Post
Id not worry too much about it. Be thankful they found the issue and can quickly fix it before you even get your car. To me, this is much better than getting the car and THEN having a recall.
For sure I agree with you. My concern is with their attitude that I could not refund my deposit, if my car was to be affected by a recall and major engine work, before I have taken delivery (or after) I'd be going straight to a lawyer personally if that were the case, and they would get a very very stern letter
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 07:43 PM   #4
dmech1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 135i

Under australian law all deposits are refundable, all you have to say is you lost faith in their product and no longer want it and you are within your right to do so.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 07:46 PM   #5
Sinjen
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Grigio Telesto '22 M4CX

Tell them they can refund your deposit or your CC company will refund it and hit them with a chargeback fee. These dealers are such clowns.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2021, 04:13 AM   #6
eclipsenf
Rep

100%
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2021, 06:32 AM   #7
Tdubb88
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Future M4C

@eclipsenf are you still impacted by this? A lot of folks on here have had their stop sales lifted as the recall has seemingly been narrowed to only a few vins.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2021, 06:55 PM   #8
Uwish
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 LCI2

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipsenf View Post
What was custom ordered on your car?
Only custom paint wold cause this...
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2021, 04:48 AM   #9
eclipsenf
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwish View Post
What was custom ordered on your car?
Only custom paint wold cause this...
It's a very standard car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdubb88 View Post
@eclipsenf are you still impacted by this? A lot of folks on here have had their stop sales lifted as the recall has seemingly been narrowed to only a few vins.
No I was never impacted by it
Appreciate 1
Tdubb88187.00
      11-09-2021, 07:23 AM   #10
G80indy
Save the Manuals
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z3, E46, G80

Hopefully this issue is resolved for all future production, and the S58 engine thus wins many international awards for many years !!
Appreciate 0