05-24-2021, 10:56 AM   #1
Geektechlive
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Competition

Garage List
Seeing the BMW Blues in person?

Anyone near the Milwaukee area and have any individual bmw Blue colors I can witness with my own eyes?
I'm torn between Three blues.
Voodoo
Pure Blue
Enzian

I have been pouring over internet photos and frankly depending on the lighting they can all look different or very similar. I'm also wondering how much extra saturated some photos are since I saw Kylami in person and noted that even my phone camera pushes the color to pop more than it actually does.

--
Owner of a 2022 M3 Competition AWD in Individual Voodoo Blue and Fiona Red leather
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2021, 10:48 PM   #2
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M8 & X3 ///M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geektechlive View Post
Anyone near the Milwaukee area and have any individual bmw Blue colors I can witness with my own eyes?
I'm torn between Three blues.
Voodoo
Pure Blue
Enzian

I have been pouring over internet photos and frankly depending on the lighting they can all look different or very similar. I'm also wondering how much extra saturated some photos are since I saw Kylami in person and noted that even my phone camera pushes the color to pop more than it actually does.
Sorry, I'm not close, but I feel your pain trying to figure out what the colors actually look like in real life.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2021, 04:14 PM   #3
nws-511
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 (G82)

Blues in person?? When are you hoping to make a decision??

I've just now seen your posting. I have an M4 Competition Coupe, in Voodoo Blue, which is on a ship in the middle of the Atlantic.

I'm hoping to take delivery of this by no later than the middle of July.

Let me know if this works out for you. I can meet you somewhere in the middle, say St. Joseph, MI.

If you've already ordered your car, then congrats!! I hope things work out for you.

Have fun !!
      06-23-2021, 05:07 PM   #4
Geektechlive
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nws-511 View Post
I've just now seen your posting. I have an M4 Competition Coupe, in Voodoo Blue, which is on a ship in the middle of the Atlantic.

I'm hoping to take delivery of this by no later than the middle of July.

Let me know if this works out for you. I can meet you somewhere in the middle, say St. Joseph, MI.

If you've already ordered your car, then congrats!! I hope things work out for you.

Have fun !!
Thanks! I have actually already ordered my car. Waiting in 102 status with a prod order number until it can be built.
Maybe once I get mine we can still meet up and the voodoos in the USA.
My basic build :
————————
MY:2022
Type : M3C AWD
Individual color: Voodoo blue
Interior color: Fiona Red (full leather)
Wheels: 826M
Photo of my car: (Not delivered yet. Will post one here when I receive it.)

I made a master post to log anyone who ordered an individual color here:

https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1835705

--
Owner of a 2022 M3 Competition AWD in Individual Voodoo Blue and Fiona Red leather
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2021, 06:40 PM   #5
nws-511
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Good .... You've ordered your car

Good, you've made a decision to order your car. I'm not sure if you've ordered the AWD version(2022 model year) or the 2 Wheel drive (2021 model year) which mine will be.

This is the first BMW car I'll own. I've usually purchased some of the BMW motorcycles in the past. This car is probably going to be the pinnacle (maybe) of 4 wheeled BMW's I'll ever own. Many people I've spoken to have stated you will not regret your decision. We'll see if that holds true, I think it will.

Attached is the spec and what the individualizer shows how my car will be when delivered. You should be careful to recognize what is shown on your computer screen may not be exactly what you'll receive from BMW. I've has past experiences for special ordered vehicles which didn't meet my expectations. That being said, I think my ability to accept something within a certain range of color will be OK.

As a side note, if there should be a 50th anniversary M4 3.0 liter CSL, I'll be trading this in for that particular car. I have no intention of not being able to have at least one ultimate classic car in my life.

I hope you enjoy what you have purchased. I believe I will, and I hope you will as well.

Have fun, and enjoy what you've done. You deserve this !!
Attached Images

06-23-2021, 07:14 PM   #6
Geektechlive
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Good, you've made a decision to order your car. I'm not sure if you've ordered the AWD version(2022 model year) or the 2 Wheel drive (2021 model year) which mine will be.

This is the first BMW car I'll own. I've usually purchased some of the BMW motorcycles in the past. This car is probably going to be the pinnacle (maybe) of 4 wheeled BMW's I'll ever own. Many people I've spoken to have stated you will not regret your decision. We'll see if that holds true, I think it will.

Attached is the spec and what the individualizer shows how my car will be when delivered. You should be careful to recognize what is shown on your computer screen may not be exactly what you'll receive from BMW. I've has past experiences for special ordered vehicles which didn't meet my expectations. That being said, I think my ability to accept something within a certain range of color will be OK.

As a side note, if there should be a 50th anniversary M4 3.0 liter CSL, I'll be trading this in for that particular car. I have no intention of not being able to have at least one ultimate classic car in my life.

I hope you enjoy what you have purchased. I believe I will, and I hope you will as well.

Have fun, and enjoy what you've done. You deserve this !!
I decided on AWD version(2022 model year) M3C. This will be my 10th BMW, My first True M Car and My second PCD delivery. I have been waiting for this M3 for a while and I am buying it and keeping it. since I didn't want to miss out on anything I added most options.
My overall build is as follows:
VBHZ Fiona Red/Black Full Merino Leather
ZDY Driving Assistance Professional Package
ZPK Parking Assistance Package
ZPX Executive Package
1MB M Drive Professional
3MF M Shadowline Lights
453 Front ventilated seats
4MC Carbon Fiber trim
5AZ Icon Adaptive LED Headlights with Laserlight

--
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2021, 08:41 PM   #7
nws-511
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Seeing blues - Actually seeing awesome from this side of the Lake .....

The spec you've called is looking good.

I hope some day we'll meet.

FYI, I ordered my M4 on 18Dec20. It will approximately 6 -7 months before it's delivered.

I'm still willing to meet you half way between Milwaukee and Michigan.

Let me know if that's OK with you.

Last edited by nws-511; 06-23-2021 at 08:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2021, 09:10 PM   #8
Geektechlive
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
The spec you've called is looking good.

I hope some day we'll meet.

FYI, I ordered my M4 on 18Dec20. It will approximately 6 -7 months before it's delivered.

I'm still willing to meet you half way between Milwaukee and Michigan.

Let me know if that's OK with you.
That sounds like a plan to me. I ordered mine about 3 weeks ago. I have no idea what build week I will be but I'm hoping to get it before October this year.
We could plan next spring to meet up? Hopefully by then I would have the car and it would be warming up.
Just have to play it by ear I suppose. At this point I just want to know the car has moved into production status. The wait is killing me.

--
Appreciate 0