Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffode View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinPA View Post
Great video!

Love joe!

xDrive FTW! Can't wait for mine.
What an awesome color choice.
Thanks! CAnt wait to get it. I'll be sure to post lots of photos and video when I do!
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2021, 01:10 AM   #47
Jimjamz
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring (Frozen Black)

Garage List
Talk of JA as a one-eyed BMW fan read like jumping on a bandwagon to me. This is a well prepared and executed video. He starts by saying he prefers the Xdrive model over his own car and noting the negatives in the steering feel. 10 minutes in and I wonder if people have even watched the video they're criticising.

When reading many of the comments I can't but feel we collectively are a little unappreciative of the fact we have this kind of content available for cars we either own, want to own, or otherwise enjoy enthusing about. If you don't like him, don't watch his vids. No one's putting a gun to the head. Luckily for him, there are many others that enjoy watching these videos - myself included.
Appreciate 10
manuelf344.50
Hanibal74343.50
gnx753.00
02M3ForMe4255.50
Montaver2084.50
Gfit2696.50
muzzalad268.50
      11-22-2021, 09:31 AM   #48
RustyNail19
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjamz View Post
Talk of JA as a one-eyed BMW fan read like jumping on a bandwagon to me. This is a well prepared and executed video. He starts by saying he prefers the Xdrive model over his own car and noting the negatives in the steering feel. 10 minutes in and I wonder if people have even watched the video they're criticising.

When reading many of the comments I can't but feel we collectively are a little unappreciative of the fact we have this kind of content available for cars we either own, want to own, or otherwise enjoy enthusing about. If you don't like him, don't watch his vids. No one's putting a gun to the head. Luckily for him, there are many others that enjoy watching these videos - myself included.
Agreed. Seems like some of the comments stem from people who think RWD is dominant and don’t want to hear anything that says AWD might be the better option.

I don’t buy the argument that he’s not going to give an honest opinion because BMW gives him cars to drive. He does criticize several different things, but more importantly he owns a RWD M3 and gives the nod to the AWD. He could easily say the AWD is a great car, but lacks some of the characteristics of the RWD. I don’t think BMW is going to cut him off for that.
Appreciate 2
Jimjamz4554.50
02M3ForMe4255.50
      11-22-2021, 11:17 AM   #49
floating.spirit
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Garage List
2020 X3MC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Maboomba View Post
For you guys saying that JA never says anything negative, he definitely criticized the OEM suspension tuning as being nervous (he even implied almost "dangerous"), he said the S58 will "overwhelm" the RWD car in first gear from a start (hence why BMW has it start in second in Launch Mode), and he said the M3 has barely any steering feel.
Not to mention he shat on its cousin, the X3M…

I don't think he has earned the name "mouthpiece."
Appreciate 2
Jimjamz4554.50
02M3ForMe4255.50
      11-23-2021, 01:19 AM   #50
FC05
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring Z3M Coupe

I've driven many of previous RWD M cars, now I think AWD is the one to have period.
Lots of people still think RWD gives more fun and performance that's just not the case nowadays with loads of power from turbocharged engines, in fact BMW's AWD system is so tail happy and offers very much rear wheel driven kinda feels. Performance-wise for us average drivers who uses cars for daily and maybe sometimes to go to track days AWD is definitely be a lot faster and offers way better performance unless you are a pro that you could manage to extract all the performance out of a RWD car.
Glad BMW brought x drive to M3/M4 I think this is the spec to have just like most journalists recommended.