BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

12-07-2021, 06:51 AM   #1
Bimmer1029
Rep
Drives: BMW M3C SPY (G80)

Features missing from my "fully optioned" build.

I just picked up my fully-optioned 2022 M3C yesterday (was build week 39), and the car is amazing. I got SPY and the matching seats and it looks even better in person than I imagined.

However, there were several items missing from my build that were definitely disappointing as I literally checked every single box on the configurator hoping to have all options:

1.) No 360 Surround Camera: This one was REALLY disappointing. I had this feature on a previous G20 and I loved it (kept my rims rash free, and I also loved playing around with the remote 3D view). For such an amazing modern car to just have the shitty same PDC as a stock Honda Civic really bums me out and honestly is holding me back from fully enjoying this new car.

2.) No Self Parking: Since my 360 Surround Camera was missing, I didn't have this either, which also was tough. I also used this feature a ton in my G20 for parallel parking in the city.

3.) No Wireless Charging: I knew this was going to be missing so I wasn't too bummed. It was odd that there was still a phone symbol on the spot where wireless charging would be though.

4.) No Rear Heated Seats: This was odd… when I ordered my M3C back in August and swore I saw this option back then, and I did have this on my G20 which was nice. It's sad that this isn't on the G80 and I just have those blank placeholders buttons in the back that tell your passengers that you don't have all of the features.

5.) No Foot Activated Tailgate: Again, I had this on my G20 and really liked it for when my hands were full of groceries.

6.) No Rear Sunshades: Was on the G20, not on the new G80.

7.) Expired Sirius XM: The car showed the Sirius subscription as already expired when it should have been free for a year. I'm talking to my dealer about getting this remotely fixed.

Don't get me wrong folks, this is definitely one of the best cars I've ever had! However, it missing some of these features reminds me that it's not the exact perfect car that I was hoping for when placing my order.

Apparently the biggest miss around the Parking Assistance features is because BMW intentionally is hiding that package from the online configurator (apparently due to chip shortages?), and if you want that one, you need to just know to ask your dealer for it. This feels like a really shitty thing for the company to do, as it's probably going to result in many people being being disappointed on delivery.

I'm now currently exploring a 360 surround camera retrofit, which may not even be possible, and if it is, it will be insanely expensive: close
$10k retrofitted vs the $800 tag for the Parking Assistance Package.

Honestly, I may just talk to my dealer about getting another allocation with this option… the only problem being that the newer build weeks are missing even more features!
Appreciate 2
JosipZ42.00
G30 B581546.50
      12-07-2021, 10:52 AM   #2
Sinjen
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Grigio Telesto '22 M4CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer1029 View Post
Apparently the biggest miss around the Parking Assistance features is because BMW intentionally is hiding that package from the online configurator (apparently due to chip shortages?), and if you want that one, you need to just know to ask your dealer for it. This feels like a really shitty thing for the company to do, as it's probably going to result in many people being being disappointed on delivery.
I'm week 39, ordered in July and Park Assist was on the order sheet. My car is currently at VPC...if it showed up without Park Assist (or any ordered option) I'd walk away.

When did you place your order that it was not available in the configurator?
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2021, 10:57 AM   #3
jimbethesda
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 (F80)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinjen View Post
I'm week 39, ordered in July and Park Assist was on the order sheet. My car is currently at VPC...if it showed up without Park Assist (or any ordered option) I'd walk away.

When did you place your order that it was not available in the configurator?
When I ordered my G83, it wasn't on the configurator either. Same with the black wheels. Thanks to this forum, I knew I could still order both of them, and I did. I've had the car for about a month, and it has both.
2015 M3 (sold)
2022 G83
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2021, 11:30 AM   #4
Sinjen
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Grigio Telesto '22 M4CX

While it was on the configurator when I ordered, I actually filled out an order sheet and just highlighted the options I wanted. I would be livid if I missed out on an option because it wasn't listed.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2021, 11:51 AM   #5
Forzanerazzurri
Banned
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Coupe/G80 M3CX

Garage List
And they are raising prices too to add insult. I think this is probably the worst time to drop 100k on a car in history. Imagine paying 100k for a car without wireless charging or 360 cameras.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2021, 11:59 AM   #6
M3AWD
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 AWD

Congrats fellow Atlantan!

I hope you get over the 360 camera thing as this car offers a lot more than that! Items 3-6 are known to not be available and I'll add the back seat center armrest to that list. But honestly I don't care about any of those. Item 7 should be easy to resolve with your dealer and/or BMW NA or Genius!

2022 G80 M3 Comp M xDrive
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2021, 12:09 PM   #7
nearwater4me
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 G82 Base

Congrats!
Just to confirm, did your order sheet include the parking assistance package?
I'm thinking it might have been an omission by your dealer because mine was week 41 build and mine came with the surround cameras as ordered.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2021, 12:12 PM   #8
M_Adaptive
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, 2022 G82 M4 AWD

Was the parking assist on your build sheet when you ordered it? Are you saying that a week 39 car did not come with what you ordered or did it not get added to your build? Only asking because I am week 40, picking up my car next week and will be pissed if it’s missing something on my build sheet.
2022 G82 M4C Xdrive
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2021, 12:13 PM   #9
ATX_M3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Current, G80 Comp - IOMG, Form

This thread just made me realize that my order doesn't have the parking assist package so I won't have the cameras. I guess I didn't even notice that it had dropped off the configurator when I was placing my order in the August / September timeframe. Ugh…

Does anyone know when it dropped off the configurator? I'm assuming I have close to zero leverage to do anything about it - if I walk away and get a new allocation, they'll sell the G80 overnight and I'll be another 4-6 months out (at least), and potentially with a price increase.

What a lovely experience buying an $80k car - yikes.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2021, 12:27 PM   #10
JosipZ
Private
Rep
Drives: 22 M4 Xdrive Dravit Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX_M3 View Post
This thread just made me realize that my order doesn't have the parking assist package so I won't have the cameras. I guess I didn't even notice that it had dropped off the configurator when I was placing my order in the August / September timeframe. Ugh…

Does anyone know when it dropped off the configurator? I'm assuming I have close to zero leverage to do anything about it - if I walk away and get a new allocation, they'll sell the G80 overnight and I'll be another 4-6 months out (at least), and potentially with a price increase.

Unfortunately this is the card a lot of us have been dealt. Some had competent CA's that made you aware of this others not so much.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2021, 12:36 PM   #11
SintAFM
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX_M3 View Post

It dropped off around the time the configurator switched from MY21 to MY22.

If I wasn't a member of this forum, I would not have been aware that I could option it despite it's absence on the online configurator.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2021, 03:14 PM   #12
kbanga
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C | G80 M3C | E24 635CSi

So you didn't notice it missing from the online tracker? I noticed mine missing and called my dealer immediately.

It's not that uncommon for companies to do this.
      12-07-2021, 03:31 PM   #13
Indo Rider
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135

First off, sorry to the OP about not getting the parking assistance package (ZPK). It's definitely an important option for me too.

However, you can't really complain about not getting options on this car that were never available on this car, just because some other BMW had them. I'd love rear sun shades too, but it simply isn't an option on a 2022 M3, never was. The latest pricing sheet at the top of the sticky in this subforum is the definitive list of available options. I would never sign anything at the dealership without reviewing the exact options I am, and am not, ordering.

After the order is confirmed, if car shows up without something it's supposed to have, or it's the wrong color or something, that's a whole nother story. That's a legit reason to walk for sure, as unfortunate as it would be after waiting so long.

For anyone reading this who's car hasn't actually gone into production yet, you may still be able to add the ZPK package (or change other aspects of your order, at risk of further delay).
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2021, 03:45 PM   #14
IcebergM4
Major
Rep
Drives: '23 M4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosipZ View Post
Unfortunately this is the card a lot of us have been dealt. Some had competent CA's that made you aware of this others not so much.
My CA thankfully was one of the competent ones. He sent me the 2022 order guide and told me to make my build according to that instead of the online configurator. My VIN shows that the parking assistance package is in fact included in my build and nothing else was omitted.

I don't care about the wireless charging because several people confirmed it is lousy and causes your phone to overheat
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2021, 03:53 PM   #15
jttBimmer
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BG M3 Comp

I noticed when I picked mine up the foot activated tailgate didn't exist. Not a huge deal, I didn't use it that often, but it was kind of nice to have.

The guy at PCD said it was because of the carbon package and the diffuser. He said it won't work with that.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2021, 04:01 PM   #16
Mowe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G82

Garage List
2022 BMW M4   [10.00]
My configuration tool never had the package. I didn't include it in my build sheet. My dealer was amazing and included it for me. Being built right now.
      12-07-2021, 04:10 PM   #17
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

I have everything on your list except for wireless charging but they told me that was being removed. Also no foot activated trunk. They never had that even before the chip shortage. At least if you order the carbon package you don’t have foot activation. That pissed me off too.

I was week 42
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2021, 04:15 PM   #18
cwhands
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 SS/CSAT 6MT

I don't recall sunshades being available on the G20.

I have had them in my last 4 cars and wish they were in the G80.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2021, 04:16 PM   #19
sk3let0nz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 xDrive

If it weren't for this thread, I wouldn't have known that my car doesn't have the 360 cameras

Immediately called my CA and had him add it
Appreciate 2
      12-07-2021, 04:27 PM   #20
Brazilian_BAMF
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022M4CX Iomg

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearwater4me View Post
Congrats!
Just to confirm, did your order sheet include the parking assistance package?
I'm thinking it might have been an omission by your dealer because mine was week 41 build and mine came with the surround cameras as ordered.
Indeed. My car is week 47 and I can see it through mybmw.com.

Everything was confirmed.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2021, 04:48 PM   #21
JosipZ
Private
Rep
Drives: 22 M4 Xdrive Dravit Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jttBimmer View Post
I noticed when I picked mine up the foot activated tailgate didn't exist. Not a huge deal, I didn't use it that often, but it was kind of nice to have.

The guy at PCD said it was because of the carbon package and the diffuser. He said it won't work with that.
That seems like a funny story, mine doesn't have the carbon package and doesn't have it.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2021, 04:48 PM   #22
mlover789
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: IG: m3npae - M3C G80

It's a first world problems option for me.. I have 360 on my suv and I used it 0 times... It actually makes it worse for me... And I live in LA so you know I park a lot... I am 100% fine with just the back up camera 🤣 it works flawlessly... I usually back into parking spots anyways.. It's a 0 use option for some of us..
Appreciate 0