BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

12-04-2021, 10:23 PM   #1
MickLimey72
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i

European Front Plate Holder

Anyone know where I can get one that is OE in the USA for a G82. I’m going to the UK for Christmas, so worst case I can check some dealers.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2021, 03:00 AM   #2
c3j3gable
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4

I'm an American living in Stuttgart and I was told by my BMW guy that the front parking sensors for Euro spec cars are slightly different then US spec cars to make room for the long plate. When we have a Euro plate on US cars using a plate holder it can interfere randomly with the sensors. For that reason, when he sells US spec cars in Europe, they usually stick the plates on with double sided tape.

That's how my M2C plate was on and how my M4 plate will be mounted when she gets here.

Or just click here.

https://www.europeanplates.com
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2021, 07:06 AM   #3
MickLimey72
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3j3gable View Post
I'm an American living in Stuttgart and I was told by my BMW guy that the front parking sensors for Euro spec cars are slightly different then US spec cars to make room for the long plate. When we have a Euro plate on US cars using a plate holder it can interfere randomly with the sensors. For that reason, when he sells US spec cars in Europe, they usually stick the plates on with double sided tape.

That's how my M2C plate was on and how my M4 plate will be mounted when she gets here.

Or just click here.

Great, thanks for the reply!
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2021, 08:47 AM   #4
f82_gold
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M3 COMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickLimey72 View Post
Anyone know where I can get one that is OE in the USA for a G82. I’m going to the UK for Christmas, so worst case I can check some dealers.
I also have been searching with no luck anywhere online. There is one that came with my G80 for a front US plate and I imagine europe has their own version. If you manage to find it when you go please buy an extra one for me I will gladly buy it !
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2021, 04:31 PM   #5
MickLimey72
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by f82_gold View Post
I also have been searching with no luck anywhere online. There is one that came with my G80 for a front US plate and I imagine europe has their own version. If you manage to find it when you go please buy an extra one for me I will gladly buy it !
Will do!
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2021, 09:41 PM   #6
kjx
///M ♥ Recycled Dinosaurs
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4, BMW X5 45e

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Or just click here.

Great, thanks for the reply!
Can confirm that when my 2016 BMW 435i GC was euro delivered, the front plate was stuck on with double sided tape. It seems there was more to that then than drilling holes that would never be needed again.
      12-06-2021, 01:17 PM   #7
c3j3gable
Enlisted Member
Rep

I can always ask?

Quote:
Will do!
I have to go to BMW Stuttgart this week to order the OEM All Weather mats, I can ask about a Euro OEM front plate holder it you'd like? Get a price at least?
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2021, 01:28 PM   #8
MickLimey72
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I have to go to BMW Stuttgart this week to order the OEM All Weather mats, I can ask about a Euro OEM front plate holder it you'd like? Get a price at least?
That would be great if you could. If you can make sure they are okay with US models and won’t interfere with parking assist.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2021, 11:39 AM   #9
c3j3gable
Enlisted Member
Rep

Here's the parts quote for a Euro spec front license plate holder. First part is the plate holder the second part is the four screws that do drill into the front bumper in places. Total is stupid high at €61.56 which is about $70. That's without shipping.

Edit: Parts guy said they are ok with US models since the grill is the same. I asked about sensor disruption and he said it makes sense that it could disrupt at random but didn't know for certain.
Attached Images

Last edited by c3j3gable; 12-09-2021 at 12:14 PM..
Appreciate 0