BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs)

08-30-2022, 02:33 PM   #1
Nate.G82
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: TBII G82 6MT

Garage List
2021 BMW M4  [0.00]
Carwash Gear

Hey y'all, I searched through and didn't see any other threads of the sort, so thought it'd be pretty neat to just talk about ALL the stuff we use to wash our cars! Also, a chance to give a PSA or review of something we feel other members should or shouldn't use. I know there's a thread for every subject of cosmetic maintenance, but I thought it would be nice to see what everyone uses and how they go about washing their pride and joy.

To Start I Use:

-Meguiar's Gold Class wash (no wax)
-Chemical Guy's Waterless wash, just for getting fingerprints off her
-Gtechniq's w6 iron and fallout remover

-Electric pressure washer and foam cannon
-Cordless Leaf Blower

-~20 Eagle Edgeless 500 towels from The Rag Company
-5 Pluffle drying towels from The Rag Company
-~4 Wash Mitts

-------------
Normally, I pre-rinse>hit the wheels> soak the car with Meguiar's>bucket and mitt for body panels, towels for smaller places> spray off> leaf blower to dry most of it.
PS: She is Ceramic Coated with Gtechniq
-------------
I like Meguiar's, but I saw some forum member's use Carpro and will probably give that a run soon enough. I personally don't recommend CG's Waterless wash for drying assistance. When i wipe off fingerprints it's fine, but if I spray it on to keep the surface lubricated to dry and reduce risk of swirl marks it leaves some gross residue.

By the way, I currently have the bi-color 825M wheels and they're a PITA to brush... what brushes do you guys use to deal with that?
Appreciate 1
GixY2K517.00