BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs)

08-02-2022, 12:34 PM   #1
Draper
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp / Macan Turbo

Full PPF - best practices

I'm planning to do full PPF on my car when it arrives this fall, and wanted to get an idea of what to expect/ask for when it comes to PPF.

Overall, I'm planning to do stealth wherever there is matte paint (body panels, hood, trunk, etc...) and regular on the glossy parts (roof, side skirts, diffuser, etc...)

I've used this installer before, and they do a good job hand cutting everything, getting nice tight corners, and wrapping edges wherever possible.

Beyond that, are there other things specific to the M4 that I should ask for or expect?

EG removing and reinstalling
  • Hood/trunk roundels
  • Trunk model badge
  • Side gills
  • Door handles
  • Anything else...

For those that removed roundels or badges, did you purchase replacements for them to install or did they just retape the old ones and reinstall? Any issues with model badge alignment?
      08-02-2022, 01:57 PM   #2
astroricardo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3Cx TR/Tartufo

I didn't do full PPF, but when I asked about it he said they do have to remove all the emblems. The BMW roundel they can just remount, but the M3/M4 Comp badge he said I should probably buy a new one. The reason was the tape they use to reattach it is thicker and the badge would stick out more.
Appreciate 0