BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

05-21-2021, 10:23 PM   #1
CklSpeciale
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw M4

My bucket seat squeaks

I only put 300 miles on my car and all of a sudden the driver's seat start to squeak. It is very annoying and I know it is no biggie but it is indeed driving me crazy. Anyone has a similar problem? I felt like it should be fixable as the issue appears to he intermittent. The squeaking comes when I press the sponge and move the right side support. Thanks for the help in advance!
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2021, 02:04 AM   #2
drrawle
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Same with mine on the left side. Going back to the dealers next week for it
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2021, 04:44 AM   #3
barryc365
Major
Rep
Drives: BMWM3

I got my seat rail replaced under warranty for a tiny squeak before. Bring it back. Might just need to be tightened
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2021, 10:06 AM   #4
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Experienced the same issue, reported here.

Not sure why, but the 'creek' just disappeared; not sure when exactly, but seems somewhere between 400 and 600 miles of seat time.

There still remains an annoying creek in the area of the central front dash, inferior to the infotainment screen.

I have chased creeks in the past through dealerships and success rate has been about zero. I am hoping that as the car continues to 'settle out' the creek will dissipate, if not disappear. If not, I am more inclined to learn to live with it than have the dealership tear it apart . . . with no improvement and/or have a new creek appear.

///AVM

Last edited by ///AVM; 05-29-2021 at 10:27 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2021, 04:58 PM   #5
Greer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Competition

Another question, how comfortable are these bucket seats for daily driving? Thx.
2014 F10 M5 Competition
2003 E39 M5
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2021, 05:05 PM   #6
Jmpascual
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 Competition, G05 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AVM View Post

Not sure why, but the 'creek' just disappeared; not sure when exactly, but seems somewhere between 400 and 600 miles of seat time.

There still remains an annoying creek in the area of the central front dash which I have identified as coming from around/within the infotainment screen. I can attenuate and, occasionally, eliminate the creek by applying pressure to the aluminum trim around the infotainment screen.

I have chased creeks in the past through dealerships and success rate has been about zero. I am hoping that as the car continues to 'settle out' the creek will dissipate, if not disappear. If not, I am more inclined to learn to live with it than have the dealership tear it apart . . . with no improvement and/or have a new creek appear.

///AVM
Same here, had the creak 500 miles in but just disappeared.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2021, 07:51 PM   #7
CklSpeciale
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greer View Post
Another question, how comfortable are these bucket seats for daily driving? Thx.
Very comfortable. I just drove all the way from Bay to LA. Equally comfortable as the sport seats on the older generation but definitely more support and makes the drive different. Worth every penny IMO except the creak.
Appreciate 1
Ex_Stig2594.00
      05-23-2021, 07:54 PM   #8
CklSpeciale
Private
Rep

Quote:

There still remains an annoying creek in the area of the central front dash which I have identified as coming from around/within the infotainment screen. I can attenuate and, occasionally, eliminate the creek by applying pressure to the aluminum trim around the infotainment screen.

///AVM
Same for me actually but I am kinda used to the small interior sound. The sqeaking of the seats are just too much for me
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2021, 01:02 PM   #9
Slow///1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80, GT3, X7

Quote:

///AVM
I have the same squeak from
The central dash. Did yours resolve? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2021, 01:22 PM   #10
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow///1 View Post
I have the same squeak from the central dash. Did yours resolve? Thanks
Unfortunately, it has not yet resolved itself, nor am I inclined to have the mechanics tear it apart to try and find/resolve the creek.

I think I have been pretty clear in my admiration for the performance and overall G80C package, but this lingering 'creek' is driving me batshit crazy.

I guess it will be a matter time before it either goes away or I simply get used to its presence . . . or another owner clearly identifies the source and easy solution.

For reference, I have identified the source as coming from within the box in the pic below. As far as creeks go, that equates to probably about 500 interconnected parts, the culprit(s) of which are undoubtedly internalized.

In other words, I know the creek is somewhere within the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.

///AVM
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Der_Wolf888.00
      05-29-2021, 10:15 AM   #11
997CABOVA
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G83

My Carbon seats starting creaking but its the carbon fiber part in the back i think though if i move

ill take the creak though i love the seats haha
      05-29-2021, 03:55 PM   #12
JMU_BMW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Skyscraper Grey M4

Quote:
The bucket seats are surprisingly comfortable, assuming you're not too huge. Driving in them daily isn't an issue. Ingress/egress is a different story. I wish they hadn't made the thigh bolster so tall
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2021, 06:50 PM   #13
barryc365
Major
Rep
Drives: BMWM3

If it was bad enough to start a thread over and was driving me bat shit crazy I'd send it back! Ask for a new seat...As I said I did this with a very expensive bucket seat and they swapped it out in less than an hour once the part arrived. Problem solved...
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2021, 02:34 AM   #14
Greer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMU_BMW View Post
The bucket seats are surprisingly comfortable, assuming you're not too huge. Driving in them daily isn't an issue. Ingress/egress is a different story. I wish they hadn't made the thigh bolster so tall
So the sports bucket seats will feel good after driving 3 to 4 hours straight?
2014 F10 M5 Competition
2003 E39 M5
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2021, 09:13 AM   #15
JMU_BMW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Skyscraper Grey M4

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMU_BMW View Post
So the sports bucket seats will feel good after driving 3 to 4 hours straight?
I haven't spent that much time in them, so I can't say for sure. But my guess is that you could certainly do it without much discomfort, but if you plan on road tripping it frequently, I would just get the normal seats.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2021, 01:53 PM   #16
Pistolerom5
Rep
Drives: BMW e36 M3, G80 M3 Competition

I have about 500 miles on my car and the central dash area also starting squeaking at about 300 miles. It’s driving me crazy and I have to turn up the radio to stop myself from thinking about it.

The carbon seats are quite comfortable, drove 200 miles yesterday and no back pain. Just need to see if someone sells a bolster protection piece like they have on the Porsche carbon seats.
Appreciate 0