BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

08-15-2021, 05:41 PM   #199
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimmy View Post
Hey it happens man! All good. I’d honestly just stick through with it at this point. November is still likely so I guess he “technically” didn’t lie to you with that timeline, especially if they’re anticipating an allocation drop soon. The general guideline is that it’s 8 - 12 weeks from when you place an order to when your car gets delivered, but things can be slower due to stop sales and general delays. That’s not really on the dealer or factory though. That’s just covid and supply lines getting fucked, chip shortages, etc.

The only thing the dealer did wrong in this case is mislead you about having an actual allocation in hand already, which is obviously shitty but it is what it is. The process is happening exactly as it should and if they were just more up front with you it would have been fine. You’ll still get your allocation and car and this is how you order an M3! Some people get lucky and a dealer already has an allocation in 111 / 112 for them and others get put in the order bank and you’ll get the allocation next.
Dude thank you so much!

You have been the most thorough explaining all this to me (thanks to everyone else via PM!).

I am more annoyed with being misled/lied to, rather than waiting. I can wait. I have my amazing C7 z06 to play with. But everyday when i go on youtube, i'm greeted with a shit ton of M3 competition videos and i can't help but say, "FUCK!!!! I wanna drive this already!!!!!"

haha
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2021, 07:26 PM   #200
dimmy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp AWD IOMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
Dude thank you so much!

You have been the most thorough explaining all this to me (thanks to everyone else via PM!).

I am more annoyed with being misled/lied to, rather than waiting. I can wait. I have my amazing C7 z06 to play with. But everyday when i go on youtube, i'm greeted with a shit ton of M3 competition videos and i can't help but say, "FUCK!!!! I wanna drive this already!!!!!"

haha
Anytime man! Trust me I feel you as I was the same way with the videos. It will be WELL worth the wait
Appreciate 1
BGM-M3COMP2328.00
      08-15-2021, 08:24 PM   #201
beachBmmr
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 F90 M5 SG/AB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musaabi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
Quote:
The 2020 M340 had 0-60 in 3.8 and 30-50 in 2.4 and 1/4 mile at 12.3 seconds(half second slower) which is slightly off the M3. I was honestly expecting better out of the M3 esp considering it costs 10-30k more for the car. I def appreciate it for being more of a track car and I understand all that jazz but performance wise it's pretty identical to the 340 for significantly more money. I've been looking at the m3 and I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger in a lease payment that's almost double the current amount for a car that performers slightly better. Changing to coil overs ($1700) plus a tune (1200) and a upgraded high flow cat($800) is still less than 5k in upgrades and would get the performance on par with the m3. Unless I'm completely wrong..
If you think coil overs, exhaust and tune are the only differences between a M car and non-M car then you are right. Don't waste your money.
I'm not saying that's the only difference and at high end the m3 performs way better. But how many m3 drivers are actually tracking the car religiously to the point that it justifies the extra 20k? All I'm saying is for 20k I expect significantly better numbers. Yes the m3 is wider and can handle better and is designed to be a track car with better control and better feel. It's not a crazy concept to ask for better performance numbers. Like I said, there's really only a handful of reasons to get the m3, you're planning on tracking and need the stiffness, wider body, extra turbo, improved engine, etc. even the weight savings aren't even substantial enough to make it THAT much better, the m340 is just slightly heavier I think 9 pounds. Some ppl just want to own an M, which is great as well and more power to you. Others just wanna be like "WeLl If YoU cAnT tElL tHe DifFeReNcE, ThEn KeEp YoUr CaR 😭" don't get y'all panties in a bunch, not like you guys designed these cars that you're taking it so personal 😂
Let me enlighten you..

I had a 2019 440xi stg2 e30 bootmod3.

Took it to the track few times and got ran over by stock audis and camaros

I traded it for g82 m4. Tracked it yesterday and was out running gt3s and track setup cars..

Theres a huge difference in m vs non m.

Tranny, brakes, suspension, wheels, tires…you cannot create an m car performance without gutting a lot of a non m car and its gonna cost a shit load more than 5k. Ffs my m4 has fully forged wheels and star spec tires, thats almost 7k right there.
02M3ForMe4264.50
      08-15-2021, 08:43 PM   #202
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachBmmr View Post
Let me enlighten you..

I traded it for g82 m4. Tracked it yesterday and was out running gt3s and track setup cars..

Tranny, brakes, suspension, wheels, tires…you cannot create an m car performance without gutting a lot of a non m car and its gonna cost a shit load more than 5k. Ffs my m4 has fully forged wheels and star spec tires, thats almost 7k right there.
You're out at the track with complete novice drivers then.

Idk what camaro you were on track with but if it's not a ZL1 or even a properly setup SS (factory they actually handle pretty poor), then you should be taking them or at least running with them no problem.

And whoever is driving that GT3RS, and you're beating it in your M4, he must need glasses or get whatever is stuck underneath his throttle out of there because he should be annihilating you. Porsche GT cars are no joke.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2021, 09:21 PM   #203
beachBmmr
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 F90 M5 SG/AB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
Quote:
Let me enlighten you..

You're out at the track with complete novice drivers then.

Idk what camaro you were on track with but if it's not a ZL1 or even a properly setup SS (factory they actually handle pretty poor), then you should be taking them or at least running with them no problem.

And whoever is driving that GT3RS, and you're beating it in your M4, he must need glasses or get whatever is stuck underneath his throttle out of there because he should be annihilating you. Porsche GT cars are no joke.
Yea, the GT3 guys are all show and no go. But wot I can stay on their asses while they early brake into the corners.

The 440 was a pig in the corners, no chance at all. An RS4 was smoking me all day.
BGM-M3COMP2328.00
      08-16-2021, 08:31 AM   #204
mbanck
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW E46 320ci, BMW F34 330dx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfit View Post
My question is this… How do so many people with non M cars find themselves in the M forums? I've never once visited a forum for a car I don't own or in process of buying let alone post my opinion on something that has nothing to do with me.
Probably because this thread hit the Bimmerpost front page, so people click through to it no matter what car they drive.
Appreciate 1
BGM-M3COMP2328.00
      08-16-2021, 05:07 PM   #205
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yea, the GT3 guys are all show and no go. But wot I can stay on their asses while they early brake into the corners.

The 440 was a pig in the corners, no chance at all. An RS4 was smoking me all day.

Yeah they're not incredibly fast going straight but the corner speed and exit is incredible.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2021, 11:36 PM   #206
GreekMaverick
El Greco Capitan
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///N54

Quote:
The 2020 M340 had 0-60 in 3.8 and 30-50 in 2.4 and 1/4 mile at 12.3 seconds(half second slower) which is slightly off the M3. I was honestly expecting better out of the M3 esp considering it costs 10-30k more for the car. I def appreciate it for being more of a track car and I understand all that jazz but performance wise it's pretty identical to the 340 for significantly more money. I've been looking at the m3 and I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger in a lease payment that's almost double the current amount for a car that performers slightly better. Changing to coil overs ($1700) plus a tune (1200) and a upgraded high flow cat($800) is still less than 5k in upgrades and would get the performance on par with the m3. Unless I'm completely wrong..
Makes zero sense to me why would anyone trade in an M340i for "Bucky!" Keep your car! You will be paying everything X2 for what is essentially, almost, 90%, the Same car, and the Same cabin minus the seats/ Exterior bits! (Thank god) to me the E92 was the last ///M car that was all unique from the regular 3Series with its NA V8. Unfortunately ///Ms have become, like the iPhones, lLike going from the cheapest iPh12—to Mega iPhone 12+, essentially the processor, (no matter all the bells and whistles) it's always the same that runs it all!
alas, Better version of a Mainstream Car 😬!