BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-11-2021, 09:37 AM   #309
darrelljs
Private First Class
139
Rep
111
Posts

Drives: 2013 550i, 2022 G83
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: Miami

iTrader: (0)

Interesting I double checked on the BMW UK site and the text description changed to "There is an open technical enhancement on this vehicle." Same STOP021954 code.

Darrell
Appreciate 1
      10-11-2021, 09:45 AM   #310
KnightedBMW
Major
United_States
1324
Rep
1,246
Posts

Drives: 2022 M3C
Join Date: May 2016
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrelljs View Post
Interesting I double checked on the BMW UK site and the text description changed to "There is an open technical enhancement on this vehicle." Same STOP021954 code.

Darrell
That's what mine has said since I first checked.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 09:52 AM   #311
Edwardshi
Registered
China
2
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: G80m3
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: ningbo

iTrader: (0)

Small problem in removing oil pan
Appreciate 1
      10-11-2021, 10:23 AM   #312
jailonacs99
Captain
jailonacs99's Avatar
428
Rep
760
Posts

Drives: 2022 M4 xDrive Competition
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Mid-Atlantic

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrelljs View Post
Interesting I double checked on the BMW UK site and the text description changed to "There is an open technical enhancement on this vehicle." Same STOP021954 code.

Darrell
That's exactly what I'm worried about. So far UK site is clear for me, but I'll keep checking for a bit to see if anything changes. I had a July 17th production date.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 10:36 AM   #313
mypjorn
New Member
United_States
35
Rep
13
Posts

Drives: 21' M三四零i
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Outer Sunset

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwardshi View Post
拆底壳,小问题
免費車, 一切都好
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 10:37 AM   #314
omaralt
Captain
363
Rep
845
Posts

Drives: 2021 m550i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailonacs99 View Post
That's exactly what I'm worried about. So far UK site is clear for me, but I'll keep checking for a bit to see if anything changes. I had a July 17th production date.
same. according to my door jam my car has a production date of 7/21 and according to the bmw vin decoder it's exactly 6/29/21. So, so far i'm clear, but will keep checking periodically. keep in mind this recall is still not official in the US, so who knows what production dates will be included when the recall is officially rolled out
__________________
2018 M3 6 spd
2017 M3 AW/SO 6spd
2014 435i M sport BSM/Coral 6spd (retired)
2013 550i M sport Alpine White/Cinnamon (retired)
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 11:02 AM   #315
x3mghost
First Lieutenant
x3mghost's Avatar
189
Rep
330
Posts

Drives: 2022 X3M
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Whitefish

iTrader: (0)

Im so bummed. I told my dealer to put a stop hold on my paperwork.
__________________
--
2022 X6M Donnington Gray
Appreciate 2
      10-11-2021, 11:27 AM   #316
Celestion
Lieutenant
227
Rep
462
Posts

Drives: '22 M3 Comp
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

Here is some wishful thinking: What if this only affects right hand drive vehicles?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 11:30 AM   #317
KnightedBMW
Major
United_States
1324
Rep
1,246
Posts

Drives: 2022 M3C
Join Date: May 2016
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestion View Post
Here is some wishful thinking: What if this only affects right hand drive vehicles?
Donít think so since my VIN reflects on the UK site that Iím affected, but until BMW NA puts out a recall, thereís nothing for any of us US owners to do.
Appreciate 1
sleepdoc225.00
      10-11-2021, 11:33 AM   #318
///minh
Private First Class
///minh's Avatar
United_States
68
Rep
105
Posts

Drives: E46 m3
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by x3mghost View Post
Im so bummed. I told my dealer to put a stop hold on my paperwork.
Doesn't matter anyway as they can't sell you the car because your vin is affected.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 11:59 AM   #319
mypjorn
New Member
United_States
35
Rep
13
Posts

Drives: 21' M三四零i
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Outer Sunset

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by x3mghost View Post
Im so bummed. I told my dealer to put a stop hold on my paperwork.
Go with Tesla Model S Plaid instead!
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 12:57 PM   #320
x3mghost
First Lieutenant
x3mghost's Avatar
189
Rep
330
Posts

Drives: 2022 X3M
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Whitefish

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///minh View Post
Doesn't matter anyway as they can't sell you the car because your vin is affected.
They could -- as I contracted prior to the TSB.
__________________
--
2022 X6M Donnington Gray
Appreciate 1
      10-11-2021, 01:02 PM   #321
///minh
Private First Class
///minh's Avatar
United_States
68
Rep
105
Posts

Drives: E46 m3
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by x3mghost View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///minh View Post
Doesn't matter anyway as they can't sell you the car because your vin is affected.
They could -- as I contracted prior to the TSB.
Nope, contracted prior to the tsb or not if the car is flagged (vin) affected then they have to stop all sales/delivery until the issue is resolved if the car is on their lot.

On mine, the vin is not affected and they have the green light for me to take delivery. While they have a kith edition for another customer that is affected and they can't release it to him.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 01:05 PM   #322
evilalien
Lieutenant
evilalien's Avatar
Canada
346
Rep
531
Posts

Drives: 2017 M240i
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
Doesn't seem like a wide issue, at least for the Canadian market - less than 50 units affected. Does not seem like every single VIN during those production dates are affected, this recall/stop deliver seems to be more VIN-based.
Sorry to see so many of us getting impacted by this recall.

I checked the VIN for my incoming car (it's either still at Bremerhaven or on a ship pending updates), both UK and US sites. Canada's recall checker is broken, BMW seriously struggles to get anything online right for us. No recall for me - yet.
__________________
Quote:
evilalien
On order: MY22 M3 Competition xDrive; Canadian FUP; Santorini Blue; Fjord blue/black full leather
Current: MY17 M240i xDrive; Estoril blue; Black leather
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 01:13 PM   #323
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
TheBingoBalls's Avatar
Canada
2019
Rep
3,964
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilalien View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
Doesn't seem like a wide issue, at least for the Canadian market - less than 50 units affected. Does not seem like every single VIN during those production dates are affected, this recall/stop deliver seems to be more VIN-based.
Sorry to see so many of us getting impacted by this recall.

I checked the VIN for my incoming car (it's either still at Bremerhaven or on a ship pending updates), both UK and US sites. Canada's recall checker is broken, BMW seriously struggles to get anything online right for us. No recall for me - yet.
Which dealership did you order your car from?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 01:27 PM   #324
evilalien
Lieutenant
evilalien's Avatar
Canada
346
Rep
531
Posts

Drives: 2017 M240i
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
Which dealership did you order your car from?
Brian Jessel in Vancouver.
__________________
Quote:
evilalien
On order: MY22 M3 Competition xDrive; Canadian FUP; Santorini Blue; Fjord blue/black full leather
Current: MY17 M240i xDrive; Estoril blue; Black leather
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 01:37 PM   #325
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
TheBingoBalls's Avatar
Canada
2019
Rep
3,964
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilalien View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
Which dealership did you order your car from?
Brian Jessel in Vancouver.
Brian Jessel only has one VIN currently flagged as being affected and it's a X3 M. So right now you're good.
Appreciate 1
evilalien346.00
      10-11-2021, 02:02 PM   #326
Murse85
Enlisted Member
15
Rep
42
Posts

Drives: g80 on order
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (0)

Just spoke to an advisor and stated it most likely will be an engine replacement if the inspection is in fact an actual bearing issue. He said first it'll be inspected via a scope and camera. If engine needs to be replaced it can take between 3-6 months.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 02:06 PM   #327
x3mghost
First Lieutenant
x3mghost's Avatar
189
Rep
330
Posts

Drives: 2022 X3M
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Whitefish

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by g80 Portimaoblue View Post
Just spoke to an advisor and stated it most likely will be an engine replacement if the inspection is in fact an actual bearing issue. He said first it'll be inspected via a scope and camera. If engine needs to be replaced it can take between 3-6 months.
I don't know how a client advisor would be privy to such information this early on
__________________
--
2022 X6M Donnington Gray
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 02:10 PM   #328
x3mghost
First Lieutenant
x3mghost's Avatar
189
Rep
330
Posts

Drives: 2022 X3M
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Whitefish

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by g80 Portimaoblue View Post
Just spoke to an advisor and stated it most likely will be an engine replacement if the inspection is in fact an actual bearing issue. He said first it'll be inspected via a scope and camera. If engine needs to be replaced it can take between 3-6 months.
r33_RGSport
__________________
--
2022 X6M Donnington Gray
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 02:16 PM   #329
KnightedBMW
Major
United_States
1324
Rep
1,246
Posts

Drives: 2022 M3C
Join Date: May 2016
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by g80 Portimaoblue View Post
Just spoke to an advisor and stated it most likely will be an engine replacement if the inspection is in fact an actual bearing issue. He said first it'll be inspected via a scope and camera. If engine needs to be replaced it can take between 3-6 months.
Yea, not saying this isn't true, but I find it very hard to believe anyone on the ground at dealership level has any idea yet considering BMW NA hasn't even put the recall out. If this does turn out to be true, it obviously sucks.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 02:20 PM   #330
ferrix924
Private
United_States
23
Rep
73
Posts

Drives: 2022 BMW M3C xDrive
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Houston, Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightedBMW View Post
Yea, not saying this isn't true, but I find it very hard to believe anyone on the ground at dealership level has any idea yet considering BMW NA hasn't even put the recall out. If this does turn out to be true, it obviously sucks.
Definitely sucks but right now my biggest fear is them opening up the engine at the dealer. If its an engine swap I feel better about that as a worst case scenario. They better make it up to me though
__________________
2022 BMW G80 M3 Competition xDrive Alpine White / Black
2012 BMW E92 M3 Mineral White / Black (Sold)
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:10 PM.




g80
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST