BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

10-18-2021, 03:24 AM   #23
V-Eight
Captain
Rep
Drives: MY22 M3 G80 Comp.Xdrive

Have a confirmation through the dealer. LaserLights and HK sound System is the cause of the week 40ers delay. To be Honest I don't believe it....as other American cars (ordered after mine for instance) are being produced this week with laserlights and HK.

Eu it's not a priority for BMW probably.

And just to be clear....at least 60 M3s are produced every day at Munich plant, with other 65/70 M4s in dingolfing.......

BMW G80 M3 Comp.xDrive 2022 + Jaguar F-Pace SVR v8 2022 + BMW F20 M140i RWD 2017
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 04:15 AM   #24
Loma
Second Lieutenant
Poland
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Eight View Post
Have a confirmation through the dealer. LaserLights and HK sound System is the cause of the week 40ers delay. To be Honest I don't believe it....as other American cars (ordered after mine for instance) are being produced this week with laserlights and HK.

Eu it's not a priority for BMW probably.

And just to be clear....at least 60 M3s are produced every day at Munich plant, with other 65/70 M4s in dingolfing.......
Frankly, at this point, I've come to terms that BMW might cancel my order next year when the LCI comes out. The only thing that would actually surprise me is that my car is built.

A total let down for me by BMW how they handle this situation. I perfectly understand they are struggling with supplies but on the other end, there are customers that need to plan their leases, selling old cars, you name it, and I can't even get a production date (which is a basic consumer right).

I'm not expecting any special treatment but an equal one would be welcome. The car is not 50% cheaper here than elsewhere, yet I'm an inferior customer.

Appreciate 1
V-Eight791.50
      10-18-2021, 08:03 AM   #25
V-Eight
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loma View Post
Frankly, at this point, I've come to terms that BMW might cancel my order next year when the LCI comes out. The only thing that would actually surprise me is that my car is built.

A total let down for me by BMW how they handle this situation. I perfectly understand they are struggling with supplies but on the other end, there are customers that need to plan their leases, selling old cars, you name it, and I can't even get a production date (which is a basic consumer right).

I'm not expecting any special treatment but an equal one would be welcome. The car is not 50% cheaper here than elsewhere, yet I'm an inferior customer.

Totally agree with you. My car should have arrived at the end of August. Infact they retired my M140i and resold to a new guy, telling me that my M3 was on the way. So, then week 40..."ok " I said, as it wasn't a problem to wait just three o four more weeks using my ancient e39, but now that the build week has become 48 as of today, the car should arrive next year....so.....I would really appreciate if BMW would give me a car in use in the meantime, as the shortage it's not a customer fault. And even worse.....the lack of communication from BMW to its customers. I would like them to be honest and clear with us, just an official comunication with the situation of our order, which are the optionals that are causing the delay, and the expected maximum delivery date they ensure us. It would be a good customer service in my opinion.

BMW G80 M3 Comp.xDrive 2022 + Jaguar F-Pace SVR v8 2022 + BMW F20 M140i RWD 2017
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 09:21 AM   #26
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
Was told by my CA when I placed my order that it was for Week 45 (existing order that I took and changed to my specs), but Genius just confirmed it was Week 46. I can deal with that, hopefully there won't be too many delays.

Black Sapphire Metallic over Fiona Red Extended
Executive pkg.
Parking Assistance
Carbon Fiber trim
Front ventilated seats
Icon Adaptive LED w/Laserlight
M Carbon Exterior Package
M Shadowline Lights
M Compound Brakes with Red Cal
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 11:13 AM   #27
Ruyseart
Second Lieutenant
Spain
Rep
Drives: M4 G82 xDrive

I agree with you guys that BMW customer service could be much better.
I spoke this week with my salesman who told me he had two cars (X3 and X5) already in status 112, and, one week prior to entering status 150, were reseted to status 111 and now don't even have a week build. Just crossing fingers that is not the case of mine.
      10-18-2021, 12:26 PM   #28
Jonathan0820
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Competition XDRIVE

Talking 2022 M3 Comp. XDrive Ordered October 9th

What's up Guys,

I was lucky enough to secure a allocation on October 9th for production week 46. Already have production number. I'm not sure how the dealership was able to pull that one off. But I feel I got lucky specially for just paying MSRP. What are the odds will receive before the year ends?? What do you guys think... Builds is as follows.....

2022 M3 Competition Xdrive
Brooklyn Gray
Fiona red w/ Carbon Buckets
Executive Package
Carbon Fiber Trim
M drive Professional
Icon w/ Laserlights
ShadowLine Lights
Compound brakes w/ Red Brake Calipers
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 12:32 PM   #29
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan0820 View Post
What's up Guys,

I was lucky enough to secure a allocation on October 9th for production week 46. Already have production number. I'm not sure how the dealership was able to pull that one off. But I feel I got lucky specially for just paying MSRP. What are the odds will receive before the year ends?? What do you guys think... Builds is as follows.....

Brooklyn Gray
Executive Package
Carbon Fiber Trim
M drive Professional
Icon w/ Laserlights
ShadowLine Lights
I think it's possible, but only if there are 0 delays. I'm still thinking it'll be January.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 12:38 PM   #30
Jonathan0820
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Cane View Post
I think it's possible, but only if there are 0 delays. I'm still thinking it'll be January.
I really hope so, I have been reading through other threads with previous week builds and have been experiencing a lot of delays. Hopefully not the case with us..
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 11:50 PM   #31
KithM4isBae
Private
Rep
Drives: Kith M4, V60 polestar, SLK55

Quote:
I really hope so, I have been reading through other threads with previous week builds and have been experiencing a lot of delays. Hopefully not the case with us..
Yeah it's made me so paranoid I called BMW Genius line again to confirm I am still week 46. Still am thank god... hopefully I can keep myself from rechecking and just wait for a status change.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2021, 11:16 AM   #32
iqstick
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Competition

Quote:
What's up Guys,

Brooklyn Gray
Executive Package
Carbon Fiber Trim
M drive Professional
Icon w/ Laserlights
ShadowLine Lights
I've got an almost identical build except for the shadowline lights and I have carbon exterior pack. My car was delayed until Week 49 per Genius when it was originally week 40 and I believe the Carbon Seats are what caused the major delay. I hope my car ends up getting built week 46 with yours.
      10-19-2021, 06:55 PM   #33
Jonathan0820
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iqstick View Post
Quote:
What's up Guys,

Brooklyn Gray
Executive Package
Carbon Fiber Trim
M drive Professional
Icon w/ Laserlights
ShadowLine Lights
I've got an almost identical build except for the shadowline lights and I have carbon exterior pack. My car was delayed until Week 49 per Genius when it was originally week 40 and I believe the Carbon Seats are what caused the major delay. I hope my car ends up getting built week 46 with yours.
That's what I heard as well and been reading. Some think it is due to the carbon buckets.. all we can do is wait until it's closer in hopes it does not get pushed back
Appreciate 1
iqstick139.50
      10-20-2021, 09:05 AM   #34
Brazilian_BAMF
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022M4CX Iomg

I just confirmed the order I placed 2 days ago is scheduled for week 46

M4c Xdrive.
IOMG / KO.

I'm so excited.

I not getting the CF exterior and CF seats. Specially the CFs seats, I still thinking if I should do it or not.
Appreciate 2
'Cane8345.00
Patton2502936.50
      10-20-2021, 10:36 AM   #35
Ruyseart
Second Lieutenant
Spain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelokayro View Post
I just confirmed the order I placed 2 days ago is scheduled for week 46

M4c Xdrive.
IOMG / KO.

I'm so excited.

I not getting the CF exterior and CF seats. Specially the CFs seats, I still thinking if I should do it or not.
For me the CF exterior is a must, can't even think of the car without it. Definetely changes the presence of the car.
CF seats are fancy but not made for my 250lbs haha.
      10-20-2021, 10:40 AM   #36
Brazilian_BAMF
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSpain View Post
For me the CF exterior is a must, can't even think of the car without it. Definetely changes the presence of the car.
CF seats are fancy but not made for my 250lbs haha.
The CF exterior, based on what I read here is don't worth it.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2021, 10:54 AM   #37
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I agree with MSpain I would not order without CF exterior. I had an opportunity to take a car (at MSRP) that was available, but it didn't have it, and passed on it.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2021, 11:15 AM   #38
Jonathan0820
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I agree,
the way i see it is that you can always add the carbon fiber exterior just cant add the CF buckets..
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2021, 11:32 AM   #39
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
I agree,
the way i see it is that you can always add the carbon fiber exterior just cant add the CF buckets..
If you're going to add it, you should order it. It'll be like three times the price after the fact.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2021, 11:39 AM   #40
Brazilian_BAMF
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Cane View Post
If you're going to add it, you should order it. It'll be like three times the price after the fact.
You don't need to buy them from BMW.

I agree with what I read here in the forum, $4700 will worth if you receive the side skirts.
Of course, is my personal opinion.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 06:03 AM   #41
Ruyseart
Second Lieutenant
Spain
Rep

I don't see the point in ordering a 100k car and putting in it aftermarket parts when you can order them from the factory, with the added value for reselling which I would take into account too.
I just wanted to give my humble opinion so I can help you taking the best decision based on your preferences.
I had the chance to see both cars in person (with and without CF exterior) and there is a significant difference.
I agree that maybe the price is too high and does not justify the parts but aesthetically it is a must.
I would pay close to double the price if that was the case.
V-Eight791.50
      10-21-2021, 08:35 AM   #42
Brazilian_BAMF
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSpain View Post
I don't see the point in ordering a 100k car and putting in it aftermarket parts when you can order them from the factory, with the added value for reselling which I would take into account too.
I just wanted to give my humble opinion so I can help you taking the best decision based on your preferences.
I had the chance to see both cars in person (with and without CF exterior) and there is a significant difference.
I agree that maybe the price is too high and does not justify the parts but aesthetically it is a must.
I would pay close to double the price if that was the case.
Maybe the problem is thinking in resale value for 100k car. You will be losing a Honda Civic type R in 3 years just in depreciation.

But is a kind of no sense discussing. Some people wants to buy Carbon Brakes. If they have budget for it. Do it!
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 09:22 AM   #43
V-Eight
Captain
Rep

In the beginning, I didn't went for the CF exterior, even for the Carbon interior trim. after 2 weeks, I called my SA telling him " I want CCBrakes, CFexterior and interior pack". More than 15k euros, but to me, they add a lot on the car in terms of character and style.
The complete exterior carbon pack cost 4800€ here in italy, but I've just looked at the MPerformance parts catalogue. If you order the rear diffuser, and only it, as an M performance part....you have to pay 4.600€. If you go for CF mirror caps, rear diffuser and front intakes, you pay more than 10k euros. so it's not worth it. you pay less than half if you order them with the car.

To me Mspain is right, it's better to order the CF when placing the order. After that is a complete non sense.

Appreciate 1
Ruyseart145.00
      10-22-2021, 07:17 AM   #44
Jonathan0820
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Wanted to give you guys an update!
My car just moved to scheduled for production. I am so excited I hope things just continue to move forward. 🙌🏻
Appreciate 0