BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

09-07-2021, 06:58 AM   #89
V-Eight
Captain
Rep
Drives: MY22 M3 G80 Comp.Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMU_BMW View Post
It sounds like your dealership already had an allocation when you placed your order, while V-eight’s did not. That’s why he’s having to wait longer.
yeah, it's highly probable.

My Xdrive is the first one ordered in Italy, and I placed my order the exact day BMW Italy opend the orders for the dealer. I'm starting to think that there were no allocations available at that time.

It's strange...it's the most long wait for a BMW to arrive I'm experiencing

But my friend in Munich told me that he'll let us know if something will change, but BMW is doing its best to fix these delays. I'll feedback something on friday. Maybe (i hope) with good new for all of us.

BMW G80 M3 Comp.xDrive 2022 + Jaguar F-Pace SVR v8 2022 + BMW F20 M140i RWD 2017
Appreciate 1
JMU_BMW152.50
      09-07-2021, 08:16 AM   #90
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbm007 View Post
One of my friends was the same build slot as me (he ordered a month before me). He lucked out and did not get moved back from 112 to 111

And Friday last week he went into status 150, currently entering paint shop.

So the factory is definitely not shut down, my guess is they have been hit with a delayed shipment of parts OR the August holiday has caused some back logs and they've shifted everything back by 3 weeks

Supposedly there is going to be some communication tomorrow from BMW in the form of an internal bulletin from what I heard from another UK forum user regarding "getting orders back on schedule" - I will share what info I get
Wow that’s awesome. Thank you so much for sharing that. I very much appreciate it. I’ll be paying attention.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2021, 10:22 AM   #91
V-Eight
Captain
Rep

have you read the other week build threads? It's happening what I've anticipated days ago, a lot of customers are seeing their production status going back to 111. My friend in Munich was right. The chip shortage matter is now exploding. Let's hope it's just for few time.

BMW G80 M3 Comp.xDrive 2022 + Jaguar F-Pace SVR v8 2022 + BMW F20 M140i RWD 2017
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2021, 05:19 PM   #92
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Eight View Post
have you read the other week build threads? It's happening what I've anticipated days ago, a lot of customers are seeing their production status going back to 111. My friend in Munich was right. The chip shortage matter is now exploding. Let's hope it's just for few time.
Oh I’m sure it’s a lot more than just chips brother. Chip manufacturers ain’t the only factories government shut down a year ago.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2021, 06:28 PM   #93
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndi335I View Post
I have a somewhat basic build, comp with executive, laser lights and shadow line package. I did not add the parking, ventilated seats and other packages for two reasons, budget was 80k and I knew the chip shortage would slow my build down. I had ventilated seats on my 7 series and did not use it and never had surround view before so it was a easy decision to forgo them.

Only thing i wish i've gotten was the laser lights.

But i didn't want to overkill on the build because it's just a secondary toy to my corvette. And i'm still getting a model y in spring plus my C8 z06 coming winter 2022 hopefully. So definitely not going overboard with the spec. I'm happy with what i've got. If i'll ever see it in 2021 that is LOL
Appreciate 1
JDUNITNOW3496.50
      09-07-2021, 06:32 PM   #94
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post

Well from the moment I placed my order I was in production scheduled and this afternoon I got placed in order received. I don’t think we are going to see these cars for a long time. The world is locking down again.

That's what i'm hearing on the news.

We're about ____ close to having another mandatory quarantine. It sucks. Not only does it suck for us waiting for cars, but it destroys the economy. Those stimulus checks aren't free. I hate those stimulus checks. And it's not because i wasn't eligible in getting them LOL
Appreciate 1
JMU_BMW152.50
      09-07-2021, 06:40 PM   #95
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
That's what i'm hearing on the news.

We're about ____ close to having another mandatory quarantine. It sucks. Not only does it suck for us waiting for cars, but it destroys the economy. Those stimulus checks aren't free. I hate those stimulus checks. And it's not because i wasn't eligible in getting them LOL
Bro think about the poor factory workers that get sent home. Think about all the people at the BMW dealerships and other car dealerships like Toyota, Hyundai, Kia Chevrolet in Ford. It’s not just luxury car dealerships. I was at a dealership yesterday that normally has 1400 new cars on their lot they and have 220 right now including used cars. It’s freaking getting serious. But the average person won’t complain until they can’t buy Pepsi or Doritos. And don’t laugh that’s coming soon also. Anyway this thread is about the M3. I hope the other member chimes back in tomorrow about the message BMW is going to put out about it. Maybe we will get lucky and it’s just a few weeks.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2021, 07:11 PM   #96
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Bro think about the poor factory workers that get sent home. Think about all the people at the BMW dealerships and other car dealerships like Toyota, Hyundai, Kia Chevrolet in Ford. It’s not just luxury car dealerships. I was at a dealership yesterday that normally has 1400 new cars on their lot they and have 220 right now including used cars. It’s freaking getting serious. But the average person won’t complain until they can’t buy Pepsi or Doritos. And don’t laugh that’s coming soon also. Anyway this thread is about the M3. I hope the other member chimes back in tomorrow about the message BMW is going to put out about it. Maybe we will get lucky and it’s just a few weeks.
I honestly don't feel sorry for most.

I personally know people who WANTED to get fired because their "friend" made more money collecting unemployment and stimulus checks instead of actually working. That hurts you and I, the working man. Sorry i don't feel sorry for most. I'm sure there are some that are seriously hurting but make no mistake, there's a lot of bums who want to take advantage of this pandemic. And it's actually costing us.

You're right this is about the M3 lol.

I just hate seeing my status at "order received", it's so annoying
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2021, 07:27 PM   #97
JDUNITNOW
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335I, 750li, X5 G80

Quote:
Quote:
I have a somewhat basic build, comp with executive, laser lights and shadow line package. I did not add the parking, ventilated seats and other packages for two reasons, budget was 80k and I knew the chip shortage would slow my build down. I had ventilated seats on my 7 series and did not use it and never had surround view before so it was a easy decision to forgo them.

Only thing i wish i've gotten was the laser lights.

But i didn't want to overkill on the build because it's just a secondary toy to my corvette. And i'm still getting a model y in spring plus my C8 z06 coming winter 2022 hopefully. So definitely not going overboard with the spec. I'm happy with what i've got. If i'll ever see it in 2021 that is LOL
you have a serious itch to scratch when it comes to cars but I admire that. This is my first M and first new BMW and I wish I had the budget for more cars. Send pics when you get them...
04 BMW X5
11 BMW 335i convertible (sold, sellers market
Appreciate 1
BGM-M3COMP2328.00
      09-07-2021, 07:36 PM   #98
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
you have a serious itch to scratch when it comes to cars but I admire that. This is my first M and first new BMW and I wish I had the budget for more cars. Send pics when you get them...

Not having kids or a wife will certainly free up disposable income lol.

The model Y will essentially be a free car, as i'm putting it on TURO for a weekend or 2 a month, to pay the monthly payment. It'll also replace my current SUV daily now.

The C8 z06 will replace my c7 z06 when the time comes. However i'm debating if i wanna keep it even longer because it's the last manual corvette produced. And i've owned it since brand new so it has some sentimental value. But ideally the c8z will replace the c7z in the future.

And the M3 will serve the part time daily/weekend car. That's it's purpose when i get it.

The M3 is also my very first M car, and my very first BMW. Kinda excited about that. 10 years ago you would never hear me say i wanna get a BMW lol. I guess i'm getting old.
Appreciate 1
JDUNITNOW3496.50
      09-07-2021, 08:02 PM   #99
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
Not having kids or a wife will certainly free up disposable income lol.

The model Y will essentially be a free car, as i'm putting it on TURO for a weekend or 2 a month, to pay the monthly payment. It'll also replace my current SUV daily now.

The C8 z06 will replace my c7 z06 when the time comes. However i'm debating if i wanna keep it even longer because it's the last manual corvette produced. And i've owned it since brand new so it has some sentimental value. But ideally the c8z will replace the c7z in the future.

And the M3 will serve the part time daily/weekend car. That's it's purpose when i get it.

The M3 is also my very first M car, and my very first BMW. Kinda excited about that. 10 years ago you would never hear me say i wanna get a BMW lol. I guess i'm getting old.

i like the diversity in the garage. C7Z is a beast!
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2021, 09:54 PM   #100
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Ice Cream Truck

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
I placed an order and saw screenshot of my order and it showed a production number and also said week 40. So I guess I belong here.

But what exactly does week 40 mean to me? Is that when get the car? Or when they go into production?

EDIT: Nevermind. I read the first few posts. Now I get it. My bad.

Last edited by BIGW0RM; 09-07-2021 at 10:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2021, 01:39 AM   #101
V-Eight
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGW0RM View Post
I placed an order and saw screenshot of my order and it showed a production number and also said week 40. So I guess I belong here.

But what exactly does week 40 mean to me? Is that when get the car? Or when they go into production?

No Week 40 is when it starts production. This means that "your" body in white (chassis without VIN) has been already manufactured. Week 40 bild is when the car phisically enter the assembly line, so VIN first, then Paint shop, and beside that, they're producing all the interior stuff. Then the car enter the final assembly and quality check line.

Last edited by V-Eight; 09-08-2021 at 01:49 AM..
Appreciate 1
BGM-M3COMP2328.00
      09-08-2021, 06:38 AM   #102
merlin3008
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGW0RM View Post

No Week 40 is when it starts production. This means that "your" body in white (chassis without VIN) has been already manufactured. Week 40 bild is when the car phisically enter the assembly line, so VIN first, then Paint shop, and beside that, they're producing all the interior stuff. Then the car enter the final assembly and quality check line.
Actually the week designation indicates the week your car completes production. This has been validated a number of times by people on this and other threads.
2016 M235i xdrive, Alpine White, Terra Leather, Orbit Gray Wheels (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2021, 09:55 AM   #103
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin3008 View Post
Actually the week designation indicates the week your car completes production. This has been validated a number of times by people on this and other threads.

Either way I am happy to be coming back to BMW. Im over my 911 experiences.
      09-08-2021, 09:59 AM   #104
V-Eight
Captain
Rep

Quote:
sure! The production process takes 3 days from what I've been told. So your and mine infos coincides.

Appreciate 0
      09-08-2021, 03:34 PM   #105
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
One of my friends was the same build slot as me (he ordered a month before me). He lucked out and did not get moved back from 112 to 111

And Friday last week he went into status 150, currently entering paint shop.

So the factory is definitely not shut down, my guess is they have been hit with a delayed shipment of parts OR the August holiday has caused some back logs and they've shifted everything back by 3 weeks

Supposedly there is going to be some communication tomorrow from BMW in the form of an internal bulletin from what I heard from another UK forum user regarding "getting orders back on schedule" - I will share what info I get
Any information?
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2021, 06:08 PM   #106
Sbm007
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G80 M3CX (Oxide Grey)

Garage List
Quote:
Any information?
Nope nothing, been checking the other forum but the forum member who posted about it said he hasn't heard from his dealership yet, hopefully something tomorrow
2022 G80 M3 Competition M xDrive (Oxide Grey)
Appreciate 1
Patton2502938.00
      09-08-2021, 06:34 PM   #107
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Nope nothing, been checking the other forum but the forum member who posted about it said he hasn't heard from his dealership yet, hopefully something tomorrow
OK bro. Thanks for getting back to me. I’d like to know the exact truth of what’s happening here so we know what to expect. Otherwise these new build week assignments are meaningless.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2021, 07:37 PM   #108
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
That's not what genius told me.

They said week 40 is estimated TO BEGIN production of your 2022 m3 competition yada yada yada.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2021, 08:04 PM   #109
luckylingy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
That's not what genius told me.

They said week 40 is estimated TO BEGIN production of your 2022 m3 competition yada yada yada.
I checked today as well (having read the debate over whether the designated week marks production beginning or completing), and the Genius representative also referred to it as beginning production. Maybe they've been advised to rephrase their responses, in order to give BMW a little more "wiggle room" in light of supply chain constraints and production scheduling hiccups.

Anyway, the good news is it's still Week 40.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2021, 08:18 PM   #110
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
Ah man I was hoping to have my car sooner than later.