BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

08-09-2021, 12:35 PM   #67
Tommyboy1771
Private
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

That car looks great! Doesn’t anyone know of a place up in the Spangdahlem area that does tint/PPF?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 04:22 AM   #68
adameaton
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '22 M3 COMP XDrive

Need to know if Apple car play or android auto are working on these cars in Germany. I cant get it to work on the loaner.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 04:29 AM   #69
Super_Mari0
Rep
Drives: G80 X-Drive wk31

Quote:
Originally Posted by adameaton View Post
Need to know if Apple car play or android auto are working on these cars in Germany. I cant get it to work on the loaner.
It works in my 2021 530i loaner
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 06:19 AM   #70
CadHater
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp AWD

Quote:
Apple car play works on my 2020 M340i.
      08-10-2021, 06:45 AM   #71
NarkoseTraum
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep
Drives: 22 BMW M4Convertible

Quote:
I didn't try to connect, as we drove it immediately to have the PPF put on it. The sales agent did say it would take a few days to register and activate in the system. I will try it out when I get the car back.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 11:19 AM   #72
adameaton
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarkoseTraum View Post
I didn't try to connect, as we drove it immediately to have the PPF put on it. The sales agent did say it would take a few days to register and activate in the system. I will try it out when I get the car back.
No way I would be able to give the car up the same day I get it. Ive been waiting too long for this camera crap. I might regret it but im going to get it paint corrected, detailed and ceramic before I send it home after the tour I think.

I was all about the PPF until I saw how great the roads are here.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 11:34 AM   #73
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Quote:
I took delivery of my m4 convertible today.

It’s now getting a full PPF wrap at Foilsta.

If you’re looking for a m3/4 chat to Nathan at BMW MILITARY SALES, he did a phenomenal job.
Congrats,

Anyway to tell if BMW Digital Key works on the 2022? This is only the 2nd 2022 Im hearing about people taking delivery of, and none of them are in the US. Yours is the only US spec model, that I know of, thats been delivered. Are you at Vogelweh? I was at Spangdahlem in 1999. Retired F-16 Crew Chief.

Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 11:35 AM   #74
CadHater
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
No way I would be able to give the car up the same day I get it. Ive been waiting too long for this camera crap. I might regret it but im going to get it paint corrected, detailed and ceramic before I send it home after the tour I think.

I was all about the PPF until I saw how great the roads are here.
I'm def doing ppf before getting on the autobahn. 140mph rock chips are no joke.
      08-10-2021, 11:44 AM   #75
Stans
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3 Competition Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadHater View Post
Quote:
Looks awesome! Where is this Foilsta, what did they quote you and how long is the wait?
I'd also like to know how far in advance you got the appointment with Foilsta. Prices are below. I got a quote when I was gonna PPF my M340i. I just got my September allocation so I'm gonna talk to Foilsta ASAP.
Congrats on getting your production date! Did you end up sticking with black or did you make the change to IOMG?

I just switched from extended to full leather. The wife decided it looks better, but I didn't disagree.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 11:51 AM   #76
CadHater
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stans View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Looks awesome! Where is this Foilsta, what did they quote you and how long is the wait?
I'd also like to know how far in advance you got the appointment with Foilsta. Prices are below. I got a quote when I was gonna PPF my M340i. I just got my September allocation so I'm gonna talk to Foilsta ASAP.
Congrats on getting your production date! Did you end up sticking with black or did you make the change to IOMG?

I just switched from extended to full leather. The wife decided it looks better, but I didn't disagree.
Keeping black. I don't want that much attention.
      08-10-2021, 11:58 AM   #77
Stans
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3 Competition Xdrive

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Makes sense. I'm not an attention guy, but green is my favorite color and this green looks great. Won't be my everyday car, so the attention will only be sporadic which will be ok. My 5 yr old wanted yellow, but that was way more attention than I wanted.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 12:04 PM   #78
CadHater
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Makes sense. I'm not an attention guy, but green is my favorite color and this green looks great. Won't be my everyday car, so the attention will only be sporadic which will be ok. My 5 yr old wanted yellow, but that was way more attention than I wanted.
IOMG is a head turner. It looks good and changes color depending on surrounding light.
      08-10-2021, 12:30 PM   #79
adameaton
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I'm def doing ppf before getting on the autobahn. 140mph rock chips are no joke.
I dont plan on tailgating anyone at 140. Thats what the laser LEDs are for.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 12:36 PM   #80
CadHater
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I dont plan on tailgating anyone at 140. Thats what the laser LEDs are for.
Oh I plan on driving this MF when I get it. I'm taking it to Nürburgring so we can bond. Lol
      08-10-2021, 12:37 PM   #81
adameaton
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Oh I plan on driving this MF when I get it. I'm taking it to Nürburgring so we can bond. Lol
We need a group trip. We probably need a sub section in the regions block on the forum too.
Appreciate 1
CadHater767.50
      08-10-2021, 01:15 PM   #82
CadHater
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
We need a group trip. We probably need a sub section in the regions block on the forum too.
Definitely, let's set up a sub section.

WhatsApp groups are super easy to communicate through and I prefer it over these message boards.
      08-11-2021, 12:15 AM   #83
Tommyboy1771
Private
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
I’m down for a G80 get together in the next couple of months!
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2021, 05:07 AM   #84
CadHater
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

Who is taking delivery of a IOMG G82 in K-Town? It arrived today.
Attached Images

08-11-2021, 07:13 AM   #85
barryc365
Major
Rep
Drives: BMWM3

It's amazing how many military guys are ordering G80's while in Germany! Good for you guys, nice little welcome home present.

Are the cars cheaper there or is it a wash by the time you land the car back in the US?
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2021, 07:32 AM   #86
CadHater
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryc365 View Post
It's amazing how many military guys are ordering G80's while in Germany! Good for you guys, nice little welcome home present.

Are the cars cheaper there or is it a wash by the time you land the car back in the US?
Much cheaper. I wouldn't be able to buy the G80 if I was back in the states. This is the most expensive car I have ever bought and I never thought I would ever own a real ///M car.
I still won't believe it until I take delivery (hopefully in September).
I'm going to be here until 2025, so I will enjoy it on the autobahn and at the Nürburgring.
      08-11-2021, 07:34 AM   #87
barryc365
Major
Rep
Drives: BMWM3

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryc365 View Post

Much cheaper. I wouldn't be able to buy the G80 if I was back in the states. This is the most expensive car I have ever bought and I never thought I would ever own a real ///M car.
I still won't believe it until I take delivery (hopefully in September).
I'm going to be here until 2025, so I will enjoy it on the autobahn and at the Nürburgring.
Do you have to drive it in Germany for X amount of miles or something to avoid import tax?

That's the situation in My home country
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2021, 07:42 AM   #88
NarkoseTraum
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep
Drives: 22 BMW M4Convertible

Customs's regulation is 6 months of ownership before shipping (I think). Each state varies, most require 1 year of ownership to escape paying taxes on it.

I'm totally down for a group Nurburgring trip!

We're taking it down to Switzerland on the 20th or so as an inaugural trip with the m4. Hopefully that gets me past the break in period.
Appreciate 0