BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

07-07-2021, 04:44 PM   #1
Geektechlive
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Competition

Garage List
Build Week 35 Discussion

Just got off the phone with genius the other day and was told that my original week 27 build was moved to week 35 most likely because of the individual color combination I chose.
I am building a M3 competition all-wheel-drive with
individual Voodoo blue
Fiona red full leather interior.
Executive package
Drivers assistance pro
Parking assistance
Carbon fiber trim
Ventilated seats
Icon LED w/laser lights
M drive professional
M shadowline lights
M826 bi color wheels

In theory, it could build sooner but I'm going to assume the worst here and just assume that I will be beginning my build on week 35 and no earlier.

--
Owner of a 2022 M3 Competition AWD in Individual Voodoo Blue and Fiona Red leather
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2021, 06:03 PM   #2
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 AWD M3 Comp - SMB

Same thing happened to me. Originally week 27, now told week 35

2022 M3 xDrive
Individual San Marino Blue
Silverstone/Black extended leather
Carbon Bucket Seats
Carbon fiber trim
Executive package
Parking assistance
Laser Lights
M shadowline lights
M826 bi color wheels

Going to just assume the worst like you… week 35 here we go

Last edited by jpsimon; 07-08-2021 at 10:25 AM..
Appreciate 1
      07-07-2021, 07:16 PM   #3
Macheins
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 Marina Bay M3 xDrive

Garage List
It's a bummer we were all told week 27 initially. Seems that all the individual orders got the bump and this may end up being the 2022 individual thread. If it is, we should coordinate a collection of Individual PCD orders on the same day.

2022 xDrive M3
Individual Marina Bay Blue
Silverstone/Black Full Leather
Standard Ventilated Seats
Carbon Fiber Trim
Laser Lights
826m bi-color wheels
Appreciate 1
      07-08-2021, 10:22 AM   #4
hockeygoalie35
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3 Comp XDrive

I too, have joined the the waiting game!

MY2022 M3 AWD
-Fire Orange III
-826M Bi-Color Rims
-Silverstone/Black Full Leather
-Carbon Fiber Interior Trim
-Executive package
-Laser Headlights
-Parking Assistance
-Extended Shadowline
-Ventilated Seats
-Red Calipers
Appreciate 1
      07-08-2021, 08:17 PM   #5
Xensane
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp

I got pushed to week 36 but with all you individual guys in here I might as well hang out.

2022 M3 Comp
Twilight Purple
Silverstone carbon buckets
825m bi color
Carbon trim
Exec pack
Parking assistance pack
Shadow line laser lights
Black calipers

Seems like a lot of individual cars incoming later this year, pumped on that for sure!
      07-08-2021, 09:00 PM   #6
F80SRT
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 xM3C/'20 X3MComp

And me to the week 27 now 34 list.

Very depressing, and I really don't understand how moving individuals 6 weeks changes the assembly line. It's the same problem just six weeks from now.

2022 M3 Comp xDrive
Frozen Dark Gray
Fiona Red extended leather
Ventilated seats
826M black wheels
Carbon trim
Exec pack
Parking assistance pack
Shadow line laser lights
Red calipers
Carbon Exterior Package
Carbon Air Breathers
Carbon door sills

And already have purchased>> spacers, carbon seat backs, color match painted front reflector and RaceChip piggy back tune.
      07-08-2021, 09:08 PM   #7
Geektechlive
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by F80SRT View Post
And me to the week 27 now 34 list.

Very depressing, and I really don't understand how moving individuals 6 weeks changes the assembly line. It's the same problem just six weeks from now.

2022 M3 Comp xDrive
Frozen Dark Gray
Fiona Red extended leather
Ventilated seats
826M black wheels
Carbon trim
Exec pack
Parking assistance pack
Shadow line laser lights
Red calipers
Carbon Exterior Package
Carbon Air Breathers
Carbon door sills

And already have purchased>> spacers, carbon seat backs, color match painted front reflector and RaceChip piggy back tune.
Lol. I have been good so far. Only bought floating wheel cpas and a carbon fiber license plate frame for the back.
I am thinking about those carbon fiber seat backs though. How do they get attached? Double sided tape?
Where did you get yours?

--
Owner of a 2022 M3 Competition AWD in Individual Voodoo Blue and Fiona Red leather
Appreciate 1
F80SRT695.50
      07-08-2021, 09:12 PM   #8
F80SRT
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 xM3C/'20 X3MComp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geektechlive View Post
Lol. I have been good so far. Only bought floating wheel cpas and a carbon fiber license plate frame for the back.
I am thinking about those carbon fiber seat backs though. How do they get attached? Double sided tape?
Where did you get yours?
Bought from IND, along with painted reflectors. Double sided tape. They look great, full, real carbon fiber.
      07-08-2021, 09:20 PM   #9
Geektechlive
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by F80SRT View Post
Quote:
Where did you get yours?
Bought from IND, along with painted reflectors. Double sided tape. They look great, full, real carbon fiber.
Nice. That's where I got the floating caps and license plate frame from. Their shop is only a few hours drive from me.
I really like the carbon fiber seat backs and as much as I am not a "wing" person the m performance wing on a few of the g80s just looks epic.
I may have to pull the trigger on the seat backs or decide if I'm going to do more PPF when I do PCD. Already got a quote from extreme in SC. They do all the PCD cars. Reasonable prices to save from stone chips.

--
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2021, 09:21 PM   #10
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X5 M60i  [10.00]
If I can ever get a corrected allocation given to me, perhaps I'll join this group.

Still awaiting word from BMW corporate to grant my dealership an immediate allocation with my individual color since they screwed up the one my dealership originally put in last month.

Current - 2024 G05 X5 ///M60i in Java Green
Past - 2005 E53 X5 3.0i in Titanium Silver; 2008 E92 335i in Montego Blue; 2019 G01 X3 M40i in Glacier Silver; 2022 G80 M3 Competition in Twilight Purple
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13409.50
      07-09-2021, 01:49 PM   #11
iviegatron
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Went to my dealership last week and asked them if there is a waiting list for an allocation, I was told they don't deal with any waiting list and you just place your order (which I did) and they'll give me the week when the car will be completed. Week 35 is my build completion date. Every other dealer I have called I was added to a waiting list.

I am new to this process, will be my first BMW, but is that normal? Is week 35 a guarantee for me?

My Build:

- M3 Manual
- Alpine White
- Carbon fiber Trim
- Red brake calipers
- Shadowline lights
- Shadowline trim
- Laser lights
- Ventilated seats
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2021, 02:12 PM   #12
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep

They can't give you a week # unless they have an allocation for you to place the order. Is that what happened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iviegatron View Post
Went to my dealership last week and asked them if there is a waiting list for an allocation, I was told they don't deal with any waiting list and you just place your order (which I did) and they'll give me the week when the car will be completed. Week 35 is my build completion date. Every other dealer I have called I was added to a waiting list.

I am new to this process, will be my first BMW, but is that normal? Is week 35 a guarantee for me?

My Build:

- M3 Manual
- Alpine White
- Carbon fiber Trim
- Red brake calipers
- Shadowline lights
- Shadowline trim
- Laser lights
- Ventilated seats
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2021, 04:26 PM   #13
Macheins
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 Marina Bay M3 xDrive

Garage List
I finally called. They told me week 36 but I'm staying in this thread until closer to the actual build date because I'm not sure I believe any of these updates from BMW Genius until I see an individual 2022 actually go into production.
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13409.50
      07-09-2021, 05:09 PM   #14
iviegatron
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsimon View Post
They can't give you a week # unless they have an allocation for you to place the order. Is that what happened?
I asked them if you guys have an allocation and all they did was sit down with me and we went through the build which they entered in their system. I was told I can make as many changes as I like until they submit the order and that's the day I need to pay my security deposit.

This doesn't seem like an allocation. Otherwise the order would have been submitted to get the build going. Then again they told me week 35 is the completion date with confidence.

Is it possible they have an allocation but they can only submit the order at a certain time?
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2021, 10:02 PM   #15
Geektechlive
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsimon View Post
I asked them if you guys have an allocation and all they did was sit down with me and we went through the build which they entered in their system. I was told I can make as many changes as I like until they submit the order and that's the day I need to pay my security deposit.

This doesn't seem like an allocation. Otherwise the order would have been submitted to get the build going. Then again they told me week 35 is the completion date with confidence.

Is it possible they have an allocation but they can only submit the order at a certain time?
This is my second car I have built and first doing individual couple.
Do you have a production order number? If you have that then the build week is real.
We are all in status of 102 because of individual but you should be (probably) in status 111/112 right before it goes to status 150. 150 status means car is actually being built so you can't make any changes at that point.

If you have a production order number I would call the genius hotline and talk to a person. Tel them your production order number and they can confirm the week.

That being said a build week could move for any number of reasons like doing an individual color or a parts backlog or really anything.

In the end..
production order number = allocation and build week
No production order number= you don't have anything but a build waiting to be sent in.

--
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2021, 01:21 AM   #16
iviegatron
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Do you have a production order number? If you have that then the build week is real.
We are all in status of 102 because of individual but you should be (probably) in status 111/112 right before it goes to status 150. 150 status means car is actually being built so you can't make any changes at that point.

If you have a production order number I would call the genius hotline and talk to a person. Tel them your production order number and they can confirm the week.

That being said a build week could move for any number of reasons like doing an individual color or a parts backlog or really anything.

In the end..
No production order number= you don't have anything but a build waiting to be sent in.
No production number yet. They haven't submitted the build request yet with my specs. Once they submit that request is the day I put in the security deposit. Which tells me they don't have an allocation yet is what I am assuming. I am eager to get the build started but also patient so I can take advantage of the PenFed incentive for MY2022.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2021, 03:41 AM   #17
Sbm007
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G80 M3CX (Oxide Grey)

Garage List
I'm actually Week 36 (status 111) but I hope it gets moved up to Week 34 or Week 35 closer to the time.

From what I've seen so far on these forums, when your build goes status 112 (typically 4 weeks before your estimated build week), that's when it's most likely to change build weeks too, usually by a week or two (either brought forward or pushed back).

So for most of us I think around Week 31/32 (1st week of August) our builds should lock into status 112 and then the system will give us a more accurate build week.

G80 M3 Competition AWD (UK spec)
Oxide Grey
Black Full Merino Leather
826M Bicolour Alloy Wheels
Red Calipers
M Carbon Exterior Styling
Carbon Fibre Interior Trim
Laserlights
Heated Steering Wheel
Electric Bootlid
Comfort Access
M Drive Professional
Parking Assistant Plus
Head-Up Display
Drive Recorder
Gesture Control
Blow-by heater
Galvanic Controls
BMW Individual Lights Shadow Line
High-gloss Shadowline Exterior Trim
BMW Individual high-gloss Shadow Line with extended contents
2022 G80 M3 Competition M xDrive (Oxide Grey)

Last edited by Sbm007; 07-10-2021 at 03:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2021, 04:44 AM   #18
Gfit
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3M, 2024 X5M. Sold 2022

Quote:
Quote:

In the end..
No production number yet. They haven't submitted the build request yet with my specs. Once they submit that request is the day I put in the security deposit. Which tells me they don't have an allocation yet is what I am assuming. I am eager to get the build started but also patient so I can take advantage of the PenFed incentive for MY2022.
They are playing you. If you don't have a production number you have nothing at this point except a dealer stalling you until they get an allocation which no one can predict with any certainty, only guess.
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13409.50
      07-10-2021, 08:37 AM   #19
iviegatron
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Thanks. Like I said before I am new to this process and it's tough to tell what is BS and what's not. I had a gut feeling there is no allocation yet. I am on the waiting list at multiple dealerships, so whoever reaches out first is the one I will go to.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2021, 01:36 PM   #20
hockeygoalie35
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3 Comp XDrive

My status changed to “Scheduled for Production”, so I guess Monday I’ll be calling again!
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2021, 07:14 AM   #21
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeygoalie35 View Post
My status changed to “Scheduled for Production”, so I guess Monday I’ll be calling again!
Lucky!!
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2021, 09:35 AM   #22
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep

Anyone else move to Scheduled For Production? I'm still stuck at "Order Received".
Appreciate 0