BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

10-17-2021, 11:50 AM   #287
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M8 & X3 ///M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhsanU View Post
Might as well join the fray!

MY: 2022
Type: M3 6MT
Individual Colour: Dakar Yellow
Interior: Ivory White full Merino leather w/ carbon fiber trim, carbon bucket seats
Wheels: 826M Bi-color

I'm eternally thankful for the absurdly slow response times from a specific CA at BMW of Omaha.

On October 4th, I started looking for G80 M3's all over the USA, and I asked that dealerships let me know if they get any allocations for October, since I knew they weren't given out yet. I found an IOMG M3 with a 6 speed on the 6th of October, at BMW of Omaha. They wanted $2k above sticker and I said fine, just give me the numbers. I said I qualify for certain rebates, am willing to put taxes + $x amount down, and want to lease for 3 years 10k miles per year. It took this CA 5 days of going back and forth with me over text/phone calls to get me concrete numbers with all my rebates and what not. On the 11th of October, two hours before I was about to submit the credit app, one of the dealerships near me, with whom I've had no business with prior, called me and said "we have an allocation right now, but you need to move quick and let me know right now before our other store claims it." No markup, no nonsense - I was given it at MSRP. I immediately said yes, gave my credit card number over the phone for a $1k deposit, and had the production number the very next day.

It's going to be a long wait, but I'm excited as hell. I'm quite torn between what aftermarket wheels to get and if I want to go with an aggressive black wheel or a really bright silver to complement the Dakar Yellow paint. Leaning towards silver since I really don't like black wheels.. hmm
Thanks for being one of the few people to actually post a pic even though you don't have the car yet.

Congrats on the car! Can't wait to see some real life pics of it! It's amazing how bad the service from some dealers is. I'm currently in the search for a new one after 15y and 6 cars with mine. Had you already talked to that dealer? How did they know to contact you?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2021, 02:31 PM   #288
Geektechlive
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Competition

Garage List
updated first post with the additional Individual colors

--
Owner of a 2022 M3 Competition AWD in Individual Voodoo Blue and Fiona Red leather
Appreciate 6
RockinPA4848.00
snareman9041.50
ando2000.50
chicagofan0019068.00
AhsanU3826.50
evilalien450.50
      10-17-2021, 04:28 PM   #289
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '22 Mexico Blue G80 xDrive, '2

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geektechlive View Post
updated first post with the additional Individual colors
Thank you for doing this! Very cool. Can't wait to see your Voodoo and Fiona combo.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2021, 05:46 PM   #290
eMMit
M Enthusiast
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3Comp xDrive FDG

M3 Comp xDrive

Colour: Frozen Dark Grey
Order placed: Mar 2021
Current status: Sitting at port facility in Aus awaiting delivery to dealer (then to me pending bearing shell STOP sale fiasco)

Full spec sheet:

Name:  Spec sheet.png
Views: 1054
Size:  126.7 KB
Appreciate 1
chicagofan0019068.00
      10-17-2021, 06:12 PM   #291
AhsanU
i can haz horsepowr ??
Rep
Drives: inconspicuous white van

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagofan00 View Post
That is going to be a great combo. Can't wait to see the photos!
I can't wait either! My wife and I have dubbed it the banana M3 for obvious reasons haha. I had Silverstone on my F80 M3 and liked the greyish hue, but the ivory white looks so good in general that I couldn't pass it up. Might be a mistake with a newborn baby in the back all the time.. but I think it'll be worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snareman View Post
Thanks for being one of the few people to actually post a pic even though you don't have the car yet.

Congrats on the car! Can't wait to see some real life pics of it! It's amazing how bad the service from some dealers is. I'm currently in the search for a new one after 15y and 6 cars with mine. Had you already talked to that dealer? How did they know to contact you?

I'm located in the NYC/Westchester area, so I looked at dealerships around me to see if they had any M3's available for immediate purchase/use since I didn't want to order and wait. BMW of Habberstad had an M3 showing on AutoTrader, but when I called and asked - they said it was a custom ordered car and belonged to someone already. The CA then said he'd let me know if he ever got an allocation, I'm lucky he called when he did!

I'm not loyal to any dealership honestly. I called the dealership my family had been buying BMW's from for 18 years now, but the CA I usually work with wasn't returning my phone calls and so I moved on; not to mention he hinted at a possible markup with the M3 which is something I'd only pay if I were to get it immediately.

My hard-earned money goes to the dealership that gives me the best possible deal, so I'm never loyal to a dealership.. at least not a BMW one. I have to be loyal to my local Porsche dealership however.. it's the only way I'm getting my hands on a 992 GT3RS with minimal markup.
Gone but not forgotten: 991.1 GT3, F80 M3 ZCP, E46 M3
Appreciate 1
chicagofan0019068.00
      10-17-2021, 06:40 PM   #292
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X5 M60i  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
That is going to be a great combo. Can't wait to see the photos!
I can't wait either! My wife and I have dubbed it the banana M3 for obvious reasons haha. I had Silverstone on my F80 M3 and liked the greyish hue, but the ivory white looks so good in general that I couldn't pass it up. Might be a mistake with a newborn baby in the back all the time.. but I think it'll be worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snareman View Post

I'm located in the NYC/Westchester area, so I looked at dealerships around me to see if they had any M3's available for immediate purchase/use since I didn't want to order and wait. BMW of Habberstad had an M3 showing on AutoTrader, but when I called and asked - they said it was a custom ordered car and belonged to someone already. The CA then said he'd let me know if he ever got an allocation, I'm lucky he called when he did!

I'm not loyal to any dealership honestly. I called the dealership my family had been buying BMW's from for 18 years now, but the CA I usually work with wasn't returning my phone calls and so I moved on; not to mention he hinted at a possible markup with the M3 which is something I'd only pay if I were to get it immediately.

My hard-earned money goes to the dealership that gives me the best possible deal, so I'm never loyal to a dealership.. at least not a BMW one. I have to be loyal to my local Porsche dealership however.. it's the only way I'm getting my hands on a 992 GT3RS with minimal markup.
I used to have an Audi S4 in Imola Yellow, it was definitely a banana car! It was a great color though and definitely one I saw very often out on the roads.

I went with Silverstone and have two kids (7 & 4) and hoping I didn't make a mistake with the interior. I'll have seat protectors under their car seat/booster seat so hopefully it won't be too bad.

Current - 2024 G05 X5 ///M60i in Java Green
Past - 2005 E53 X5 3.0i in Titanium Silver; 2008 E92 335i in Montego Blue; 2019 G01 X3 M40i in Glacier Silver; 2022 G80 M3 Competition in Twilight Purple
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2021, 12:48 AM   #293
AhsanU
i can haz horsepowr ??
Rep

Quote:
I used to have an Audi S4 in Imola Yellow, it was definitely a banana car! It was a great color though and definitely one I saw very often out on the roads.

I went with Silverstone and have two kids (7 & 4) and hoping I didn't make a mistake with the interior. I'll have seat protectors under their car seat/booster seat so hopefully it won't be too bad.
I can't speak on behalf of the G80, but my F80 M3 had a moment of pure madness (from my perspective) that ended up pretty well. It made me a believer in BMW leathers.

Being south Asian means encountering curry a lot. It's tradition to never go to an invitational dinner of any sort empty handed, so my mother in law got into the backseat of my F80 while holding a plastic container that contained some oily curry. As she was exiting the car, she somehow managed to spill the oil from the curry as well as some of the curry itself onto the Silverstone seats. I panicked so goddamned hard because I know curry stains are impossible to get off clothing - how would they get off my white/grey leather seats?!

I ordered some specific type of leather cleaner and it actually came off, and I couldn't even tell that anyone dropped anything there. So I think you'll be fine with whatever your kids throw back there haha.

But question: I called BMW genius today and they said that my build week is still showing as 47 despite it being originally slated for a normal non-individual build. The genius said it's still possible to be built on that week since BMW's already received the order and has accepted it.. which is something they apparently do when they're ready for things to get started?

Could anyone shed some light on that? Was he a bit full of crap or could this car actually by some miracle be built then? He said to call mid-November to check to see if the build was pushed since week 47 is the 3rd week of November, but I'd like to hear others' experience.
Appreciate 2
chicagofan0019068.00
evilalien450.50
      10-19-2021, 10:06 AM   #294
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

I can't speak on behalf of the G80, but my F80 M3 had a moment of pure madness (from my perspective) that ended up pretty well. It made me a believer in BMW leathers.

Being south Asian means encountering curry a lot. It's tradition to never go to an invitational dinner of any sort empty handed, so my mother in law got into the backseat of my F80 while holding a plastic container that contained some oily curry. As she was exiting the car, she somehow managed to spill the oil from the curry as well as some of the curry itself onto the Silverstone seats. I panicked so goddamned hard because I know curry stains are impossible to get off clothing - how would they get off my white/grey leather seats?!

I ordered some specific type of leather cleaner and it actually came off, and I couldn't even tell that anyone dropped anything there. So I think you'll be fine with whatever your kids throw back there haha.

But question: I called BMW genius today and they said that my build week is still showing as 47 despite it being originally slated for a normal non-individual build. The genius said it's still possible to be built on that week since BMW's already received the order and has accepted it.. which is something they apparently do when they're ready for things to get started?

Could anyone shed some light on that? Was he a bit full of crap or could this car actually by some miracle be built then? He said to call mid-November to check to see if the build was pushed since week 47 is the 3rd week of November, but I'd like to hear others' experience.
Well, sounds like I may do alright with the Silverstone then!

It's definitely possible that the build week will stick but I'd just make sure to mentally prepare for being pushed back. You may not get pushed back due to the color but other shortages of parts could delay the build as well. At this point it's a total crap shoot as to when these things are getting built and for why one car gets delayed over another even if the specs are almost identical.

Past - 2005 E53 X5 3.0i in Titanium Silver; 2008 E92 335i in Montego Blue; 2019 G01 X3 M40i in Glacier Silver; 2022 G80 M3 Competition in Twilight Purple
Appreciate 1
'Cane8481.50
      10-19-2021, 01:49 PM   #295
evilalien
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY22 M3 Competition xDrive

Quote:

Wow. Amazing. I think if I'd seen this months ago I'd have ordered Silverstone.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2021, 04:11 AM   #296
AhsanU
i can haz horsepowr ??
Rep

Quote:

It's definitely possible that the build week will stick but I'd just make sure to mentally prepare for being pushed back. You may not get pushed back due to the color but other shortages of parts could delay the build as well. At this point it's a total crap shoot as to when these things are getting built and for why one car gets delayed over another even if the specs are almost identical.
Fingers crossed! I have absolutely no expectations, but am full of hope. I'm definitely prepared to wait an extra few months. My CA said a normal build would be delivered in the middle to end of January, and individual would add at least a month.. so I'm ready. I get to agonise over mods until then

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilalien View Post
There's always next time! It's part of the reason why I'm going to be enjoying this car as a lease. It'll be my first manual transmission BMW and if I feel like if the auto would be better suited, or want a change in paint, or feel like a different coloured interior would be better, etc. then I can return it in a few years and get the LCI. I can't believe it's taken me as long as it has to realise that I'm definitely not the type of person that owns a specific car for a long period of time.. boredom strikes very quickly.

Also.. what do you guys think of this? Sweet baby Jesus I'm thinking of buying ANRKY wheels.

Appreciate 2
chicagofan0019068.00
evilalien450.50
      10-20-2021, 09:36 AM   #297
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Fingers crossed! I have absolutely no expectations, but am full of hope. I'm definitely prepared to wait an extra few months. My CA said a normal build would be delivered in the middle to end of January, and individual would add at least a month.. so I'm ready. I get to agonise over mods until then

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilalien View Post
There's always next time! It's part of the reason why I'm going to be enjoying this car as a lease. It'll be my first manual transmission BMW and if I feel like if the auto would be better suited, or want a change in paint, or feel like a different coloured interior would be better, etc. then I can return it in a few years and get the LCI. I can't believe it's taken me as long as it has to realise that I'm definitely not the type of person that owns a specific car for a long period of time.. boredom strikes very quickly.

Also.. what do you guys think of this? Sweet baby Jesus I'm thinking of buying ANRKY wheels.

Those wheels look good paired with Dakar.

Tell me about it with the wait…the more I was waiting the longer my order list with IND grew!

Appreciate 0
      10-20-2021, 01:02 PM   #298
Rayien
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: '09 C4S,'22 M3CX

Quote:

Tell me about it with the wait…the more I was waiting the longer my order list with IND grew!
Hahaha, I'm starting to do the same with IND. I wonder how different my timeline would be vs. stateside considering my order was sent to the factory the day I placed the order. I was 87 status that day and 102 last week.
chicagofan0019068.00
      10-20-2021, 01:16 PM   #299
AhsanU
i can haz horsepowr ??
Rep

Quote:

Don't even get me started on that.. my mod list is becoming more and more ridiculous by the day, and I have at least 4 more months to go
Appreciate 1
chicagofan0019068.00
      10-20-2021, 02:46 PM   #300
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayien View Post
Quote:

Hahaha, I'm starting to do the same with IND. I wonder how different my timeline would be vs. stateside considering my order was sent to the factory the day I placed the order. I was 87 status that day and 102 last week.
Quote:
Quote:

Don't even get me started on that.. my mod list is becoming more and more ridiculous by the day, and I have at least 4 more months to go
Here is what my order ended up growing to and is now sitting here waiting for my car to arrive.

IND Painted Rear Reflectors
IND Painted Front Reflectors
IND Painted Side Marker Set
IND Painted Hood Roundel
IND Painted Trunk Roundel
IND Painted License Plate Frame
BMW Floating Wheel Center Cap Set
BMW LED Door Projector Light Kit 50mm
Goldenwrench Blackline Performance Fuel Cap - Edition Red
M Performance Carbon Front Lip
M Performance Carbon Door Sill Set
M Performance Carbon Rocker Blade Set
M Performance Carbon Rear Winglet Set

I'm waiting on any exhaust type modifications as I really want to first see how I like it stock as well as leave it stock at least until break-in is done.

Appreciate 1
'Cane8481.50
      10-20-2021, 03:09 PM   #301
MthDVM
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Here is what my order ended up growing to and is now sitting here waiting for my car to arrive.

IND Painted Hood Roundel

I'm waiting on any exhaust type modifications as I really want to first see how I like it stock as well as leave it stock at least until break-in is done.
Did the color match on front, but love the black for the rear reflector.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
chicagofan0019068.00
      10-20-2021, 03:17 PM   #302
Rayien
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

Quote:

IND Painted Hood Roundel

Galeeee. Thats quite a bit. I'm looking at the following for now.

Indiv G8X M3 / M4 Carbon Air Vent - LHD
Future Classis 15mm F/ 12mm R Spacers
AP Carbon Front/Rear Splash Guards
BMW Genuine All-Weather Mats
chicagofan0019068.00
      10-20-2021, 03:20 PM   #303
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

IND Painted Hood Roundel

Galeeee. Thats quite a bit. I'm looking at the following for now.

Indiv G8X M3 / M4 Carbon Air Vent - LHD
Future Classis 15mm F/ 12mm R Spacers
AP Carbon Front/Rear Splash Guards
BMW Genuine All-Weather Mats
Yeah, this wait just had me looking for all kinds of things to add. Lol.

I'm fact just today I also ordered a set of TuxMat all weather mats. The all weather mats aren't really needed here Phoenix but I just like them for the added coverage they provide for the dust as well as any spills from the kids in the back.

Appreciate 0
      10-23-2021, 04:34 PM   #304
G80_SanMarino
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition xDrive

Ordered my car on October 2nd!
MY: 2022
Car: G80 M3 Competition xDrive
Color: Individual San Marino Blue
Wheels: 826M Bicolor
Interior: Silverstone full merino (carbon buckets)

I have no real idea yet of when it should go into production. My salesman said when I ordered the car it was expected to be produced somewhere in January, but that there is a slight chance it could be produced in December. Due to the current situation however, he told me to keep in mind that it could be delayed further into February or even March, so we'll just have to wait and see.
Appreciate 1
chicagofan0019068.00
      10-23-2021, 05:07 PM   #305
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M8 & X3 ///M40

Quote:

Not for me, but if you like it have at it.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2021, 10:03 AM   #306
inmidoutsole
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep
Drives: M3c / Z4 M40i / EQS 580

Update from my dealer - delivery week 49 (smb g80)
Appreciate 1
Rayien581.50
      10-25-2021, 01:02 PM   #307
androidtopp
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Focus ST, 2022 M3Cx

Garage List
2013 Ford Focus  [0.00]
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Individual color: Imola Red
Just had to say, this is the color that made me fall in love with the E46 M3 when I was 17-18...so you're doing hero work here. I wasn't patient enough to wait and kind of wish I had.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2021, 02:18 PM   #308
Rayien
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by androidtopp View Post
Just had to say, this is the color that made me fall in love with the E46 M3 when I was 17-18...so you're doing hero work here. I wasn't patient enough to wait and kind of wish I had.
The wait is definitely gonna be the hardest part. Haha. I was gonna go with Toronto red, but I felt like it was too bright of a red in person because of all the orange.