BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

10-19-2021, 03:14 PM   #1
ATX_M3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Current, G80 Comp - IOMG, Form

Third-party leasing companies?

Does anyone here have any experience with third-party (outside BMW Financial Svcs) leasing? I reached out to a local company to learn more about their process and rates - other than the TX sales tax situation, there doesn't appear to be much of an upside (residuals are the same, money factor is TBD once I give them info to do a credit pull). They seem overly confident that they can get me an G80 Comp allocation relatively quickly but I'm chalking that up to a sales pitch….
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2021, 03:22 PM   #2
Gfit
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3M, 2024 X5M. Sold 2022

I've done it with other brands if cars. Usually there is an arrangement by the manufacturer. Leasing is tricky business with paperwork, titles and residuals so it's rare to find a better deal I think. Unless it's a crazy good deal I can't think of any reason not to use BMW Financial.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2021, 03:25 PM   #3
ATX_M3
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Yeah, that's what my sense is telling me to do. Like they say - if it's too good to be true (which it kind of isn't in this case), it probably is…
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2021, 03:30 PM   #4
Gfit
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3M, 2024 X5M. Sold 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX_M3 View Post
Yeah, that's what my sense is telling me to do. Like they say - if it's too good to be true (which it kind of isn't in this case), it probably is…
Especially with leasing. They could lowball you on the MF or upfront fees and slam you on the return with BS charges.
Appreciate 1
ATX_M3185.50
      10-19-2021, 05:33 PM   #5
edofloat
Captain
Rep
Drives: Outback or 992

There are third parties who you can lease the car from, or darn near anything else for that matter.

I can say I have read the leases from some banks, like US Bank, and don't really like the lease language. They may have a better sounding deal but I have found for cars it is almost ALWAYS best to lease from the manufacturer's captive finance arm.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2021, 05:36 PM   #6
ATX_M3
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by edofloat View Post
There are third parties who you can lease the car from, or darn near anything else for that matter.

I can say I have read the leases from some banks, like US Bank, and don't really like the lease language. They may have a better sounding deal but I have found for cars it is almost ALWAYS best to lease from the manufacturer's captive finance arm.
Thank you - that's super helpful. I have had a great experience with BMW FS in the past so it sounds like there is little reason to look elsewhere…
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2021, 05:40 PM   #7
edofloat
Captain
Rep
Drives: Outback or 992

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX_M3 View Post
Thank you - that's super helpful. I have had a great experience with BMW FS in the past so it sounds like there is little reason to look elsewhere…
I certainly have never seen a third party lease that I would accept. In the past I have considered the banks that had a relationship with the manufacturer but don't really like the language.

The manufacturer has a vested interest utilizing their finance arm to get you to lease again...and again...and again. In general, factory finance arms are more user friendly and usually have lease loyalty.
Appreciate 2
ATX_M3185.50