///M TOWN13117.00
      10-09-2021, 08:09 AM   #46
themnmd
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 X5MC

Garage List
Really not that bad, seen worse. I do like the color and loose the rear wing,it's not a 911!
Appreciate 1
///M TOWN13117.00
      10-09-2021, 06:30 PM   #47
Al Pinã
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpina XB7

Unsurprisingly most are whining about the looks and not mentioning the dizzying performance gains. Typical Bimmerpost behavior.

ACS has been well respected tuner since 1987. Not just cracking ECU's like today's "tuners" but actually engineering and manufacturing suspension components, body panels, and more.

I guess I'll never understand what drives a person to jump on the Internet just to say they don't like something.
Attached Images

10-09-2021, 06:53 PM   #48
snowbimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M850 GC - Carbon Black

Garage List
2022 M850 GC  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockArrival View Post
I like the color, it's a nice color!
Makes me want another Donington M5 with my same black wheels….but with the gold CCBs this time.
Appreciate 1
      10-09-2021, 07:38 PM   #49
m3welt
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Is it me or are people still not that warmed up to the g8x platform. I don't remember so much pushback on the f8x upon first releases and modifiers…?
84 R100 RT Café Racer

Past:
2005 E46 ZCP M3 Silver Grey 6MT
1998 E36 M3 Silver 5MT
1968 E10 2002 Roundie Grey 4MT
2018 F87 M2 BSM 6MT
Appreciate 2
///M TOWN13117.00
cbertels1212.00
      10-10-2021, 10:28 AM   #50
hrdwurc1
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp

Its crazy to see all the hatred on AC Schnitzer, a manufacturer that actually tests their equipment on a real race track, has history in motorsports, $$$$ in research and development, and yes very pricey parts.

yet, these are the same haters that will always ask "where's the cheapest....." or "I got this replica front lip from Alibaba, its on a shipping container from China with my replica Hermes belt I ordered, I'll have it in 2 months"....I can't wait to put it on my $73k base model M3, pics coming!"

I think if the AC Schnitzer parts were more in their price point, like $495 for a front lip ebay spoiler, haters would be like "omg, I want that!"

I've always bought AC Schnitzer parts since the late 90's because I like it, its worth it and not everybody has (or can afford) it.
21 Jeep Gladiator
15 Ferrari 458
Appreciate 2
      10-10-2021, 04:07 PM   #51
4everkidd
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 AY M3

How tacky… shame on you AC
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 03:50 AM   #52
Edwardshi
Registered
China
Rep
Drives: G80m3

looks good
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 07:01 AM   #53
8MW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5

There was a time when AC Schnitzer made some badass looking BMWs, but this one looks like a Civic with bodykit trying to look like a BMW.

Last edited by 8MW; 10-11-2021 at 08:01 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 11:54 AM   #54
FrankieP
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 AW/BLK

Exclamation Hate is ignorance

Designed, engineered, tested. Road legal in 60 countries worldwide.

How many aftermarket BMW products can we say this about?

The truth is that most products in the BMW aftermarket are "price point products." Straight up copies, replicas, reversed engineered from a picture, or rebranded "carbon fiber" made in Asia with subpar materials. No testing, no warranty, no install hardware or instructions, but hey it's a third of the cost, am I right?

An even larger problem is when "trusted" vendors cosign and heavily push these subpar products. Some of them on this very thread that knowingly bash legitimate products, for their own profit motives. They know very well that ACS is top quality, made and imported from Germany. Yet they make references to "rice", "auto zone" and "alibaba." It's one thing to be ignorant, and another to knowingly deceive customers for profit. It's like saying "I'd rather have gold plated, because it looks the same and is cheaper than real gold" or "this is as good as gold." If they know you can't or won't afford gold, they perpetuate a lie to make a subpar product equal. They have done it so much that the general "forum market" thinks "gold plating" is the same as gold, just a better value. Just like real gold, ACS can not be compared to price point products. They are literally not the same material, not tested, not engineered, not approved, doesn't fit, has gaps, not even on the same playing field. Like gold or gold plating, they only look the same in pictures.

ACS offers a broad range of products for every BMW chassis, not just G8x. Some are functional, and others are styling. They build their demo cars with ALL of these items, because it's their rolling catalog. 9/10 people will find parts of the programs that they don't like or would never install. This is normal as people do not share the same brain, and have their own style. ACS makes products for every region in the world. Different cultures, styles and people like different things. The one thing that you can be sure of is that AC Schnitzer products are the best quality available in the BMW aftermarket, comparable only with BMW M Performance. Many people will never get to experience an ACS product due to budget or "trusted" forum vendors, but this is a fact without question. The whole premise of ACS is building a product for BMW enthusiasts that is "above the standard." Translation: Better than OEM.

So know when you see comments like "available at Autozone," or "rice" that this person has:

1. Never actually seen an ACS products in real life
2. Never installed, experienced or used the parts
3. Is ignorant of two decades of BMW Motorsports involvement
4. Only care about pricing when comparing products
5. Is a purist who would never modify their BMW anyway
6. Is a vendor who knows better, but has ulterior profit motives

But alas, ACS will always have it's haters as well as its many fans and customers worldwide. It's easy to bash a product based on a picture. 10/10 people that have actually seen or experienced an authentic ACS product will tell you it is second to none.

End rant
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 01:49 PM   #55
Rayien
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: '09 C4S,'22 M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieP View Post
Designed, engineered, tested. Road legal in 60 countries worldwide.

How many aftermarket BMW products can we say this about?

The truth is that most products in the BMW aftermarket are "price point products." Straight up copies, replicas, reversed engineered from a picture, or rebranded "carbon fiber" made in Asia with subpar materials. No testing, no warranty, no install hardware or instructions, but hey it's a third of the cost, am I right?

An even larger problem is when "trusted" vendors cosign and heavily push these subpar products. Some of them on this very thread that knowingly bash legitimate products, for their own profit motives. They know very well that ACS is top quality, made and imported from Germany. Yet they make references to "rice", "auto zone" and "alibaba." It's one thing to be ignorant, and another to knowingly deceive customers for profit. It's like saying "I'd rather have gold plated, because it looks the same and is cheaper than real gold" or "this is as good as gold." If they know you can't or won't afford gold, they perpetuate a lie to make a subpar product equal. They have done it so much that the general "forum market" thinks "gold plating" is the same as gold, just a better value. Just like real gold, ACS can not be compared to price point products. They are literally not the same material, not tested, not engineered, not approved, doesn't fit, has gaps, not even on the same playing field. Like gold or gold plating, they only look the same in pictures.

ACS offers a broad range of products for every BMW chassis, not just G8x. Some are functional, and others are styling. They build their demo cars with ALL of these items, because it's their rolling catalog. 9/10 people will find parts of the programs that they don't like or would never install. This is normal as people do not share the same brain, and have their own style. ACS makes products for every region in the world. Different cultures, styles and people like different things. The one thing that you can be sure of is that AC Schnitzer products are the best quality available in the BMW aftermarket, comparable only with BMW M Performance. Many people will never get to experience an ACS product due to budget or "trusted" forum vendors, but this is a fact without question. The whole premise of ACS is building a product for BMW enthusiasts that is "above the standard." Translation: Better than OEM.

So know when you see comments like "available at Autozone," or "rice" that this person has:

1. Never actually seen an ACS products in real life
2. Never installed, experienced or used the parts
3. Is ignorant of two decades of BMW Motorsports involvement
4. Only care about pricing when comparing products
5. Is a purist who would never modify their BMW anyway
6. Is a vendor who knows better, but has ulterior profit motives

But alas, ACS will always have it's haters as well as its many fans and customers worldwide. It's easy to bash a product based on a picture. 10/10 people that have actually seen or experienced an authentic ACS product will tell you it is second to none.

End rant
Do you work for ACS? Because you sure sound like you do. Please elaborate on how the hood decoration, side emblem addition, and rear trunk spoiler are "tested". I can stick a dildo on my hood and say it got tested by driving it a couple of laps.

No one up to this point even talked about performance(unless I missed it). The only thing mentioned was related to the aesthetic part of these parts. That wing can give 500lb of downforce, but if it looks like it came out of Autozone that's what people are gonna say.

So yes...these parts look rice AF and look like an AutoZone parts bin special.
8MW239.50
      10-11-2021, 02:42 PM   #56
FrankieP
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayien View Post
Do you work for ACS? Because you sure sound like you do. Please elaborate on how the hood decoration, side emblem addition, and rear trunk spoiler are "tested". I can stick a dildo on my hood and say it got tested by driving it a couple of laps.

No one up to this point even talked about performance(unless I missed it). The only thing mentioned was related to the aesthetic part of these parts. That wing can give 500lb of downforce, but if it looks like it came out of Autozone that's what people are gonna say.
I do not work for ACS, but I do work with them. I also have many of their parts on my personal cars currently and over the years starting with E90, E92M3, F30, G20, and JCW, so I've seen and experienced the quality first hand. The hood vents are part of the Design Package, which I'm sure you understand is styling, correct? I think the hood vent mesh design cue will become more prevalent as BMW releases further models, but why would ACS be ahead of the curve on styling(historical sarcasm)?

Yes the wing has been tested. You can find a video on their YT if you're interested and not trolling. You can't sell a product for road use if it is not tested and certified.

So since I answered your questions, can I ask you which one of the 1-6 are you? I assume you have never seen these "Autozone" parts in real life, correct?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 02:51 PM   #57
hrdwurc1
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayien View Post

So yes...these parts look rice AF and look like an AutoZone parts bin special.
I also don't work for ACS, however, I have owned many cars with genuine authentic ACS equipment and could attest to the quality, craftsmanship and value to the product.

Same reason I shop at the actual Brunello Cucinelli botique store, rather than the outlet or Banana Republic, I'm not spending my hard earned money on an almost "Brunello" style vest.

For the people at this level, y'all understand.
21 Jeep Gladiator
15 Ferrari 458
Appreciate 1
      10-11-2021, 03:24 PM   #58
Rayien
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: '09 C4S,'22 M3CX

Quote:
I do not work for ACS, but I do work with them. I also have many of their parts on my personal cars currently and over the years starting with E90, E92M3, F30, G20, and JCW, so I've seen and experienced the quality first hand. The hood vents are part of the Design Package, which I'm sure you understand is styling, correct? I think the hood vent mesh design cue will become more prevalent as BMW releases further models, but why would ACS be ahead of the curve on styling(historical sarcasm)?

Yes the wing has been tested. You can find a video on their YT if you're interested and not trolling. You can't sell a product for road use if it is not tested and certified.

So since I answered your questions, can I ask you which one of the 1-6 are you? I assume you have never seen these "Autozone" parts in real life, correct?
That so call design cue of theirs is exactly what looks like an Autozone special. Your whole argument is based on that since people haven't seen their product in person, they don't know how "good" or "quality" it is. That is a terrible way to sell a product. I've never owned their product and you saying that is not going to convince me either.

"You can't sell a product for road use if it is not tested and certified." Most china brands would beg to differ, lol. I'm not a homologations expert and I'm gonna assume you aren't either. Unless it's emissions-related, certification for road use is a moot point. I'm only going to assume ACS does it out of necessity being out of Germany where there may be a TUV certification requirement. But TUV also has never checked aero parts on my vehicles, so...

Your previous statement was all-encompassing and implied (at least to me) they "test" all their products. I've seen their videos regarding the spoiler/lip. The claimed effects are similar to what M Performance parts tend to offer. If what ACS claims is indeed true, then it's down to a matter of style vs OEM/others. Which... was the original problem most people had with these ACS parts. They look rice and like they're from Autozone.
      10-11-2021, 03:48 PM   #59
MightyOF80
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2018 Sakhir Orange F80

So this is absolutely hilarious and I'm only posting again because I'm one of the people who mentioned "rice" in a post. Then there were a few passive-aggressive posts "calling out" anyone who had anything negative to say about the car. I'll leave no justification for why I posted rice other than I don't like the way the car looks and I made a joke about it. Didn't say anything about how it drives or performs or anything like that. Don't need to get on here and try to flex (say I've driven this or that, owned this or that, shop here or there). That's just not my style nor is buying cheap ass products to mod my vehicles with. I've actually liked and respected the work of ACS for years. This is not a design that I like at all. The performance may be great, but I buy vehicles of this caliber for a certain degree of class and in MY OPINION it's just not there. Who cares about my opinion, though?! If you like the car or hate the car, cool.

So, to continue my jokes, I'll leave this thread with this one I heard many years ago, and before I even owned my first BMW. I'm sure many of you have heard it.

"What's the difference between a BMW and a porcupine?" ————-

"The pricks on the porcupine are on the outside."

And well, if you can't crack a smile or laugh at that…. Well…. :
Appreciate 2
      10-11-2021, 04:12 PM   #60
KevinGS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Past 2015 M4, Current 2013 M3

Can we choose a different term other than "rice" please?

I think Auto Zone- or JC Whitney-special captures the sentiment just fine.
Appreciate 2
      10-11-2021, 09:04 PM   #61
08SlowE82
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 e82 128i

Looks like a parts catalog threw up all over the car. Like the color though.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 09:42 PM   #62
PhoPoweR
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Nice

Would look great without the wing, rear window wing, hood vents, and side emblem add ons.
Appreciate 1
Rayien581.50
      10-12-2021, 09:33 AM   #63
FrankieP
United_States
Rep

I personally do not like wings on sedans. Better suited for the M4 imo.

I'm also more of a purist when tuning/styling my vehicles, so the design package (hood vents, side vents) would not be included in my build.

But the point is that this is a demo car, which has EVERY product they make in the program. It's important for them to show all the options, so people can decide what they like, hence the reason for a demo car.

It's highly unlikely that someone will like 100% of the styling products, because they make these products for different markets that want them (hint, not targeted at the US market).

When you are a global company which designs and sells parts in 60 regions worldwide, diversity in design is necessary.

When I see comments like "autozone" it makes me chuckle because I know that this is a very high quality product that looks like nothing you would find at autozone. I can assure you that even though it may not be your taste, the product will not look "out of place" or "cheap" on the car. The finish, fit, construction, will all look like it was made this way from the factory. This is why I have explained and some can't comprehend, that you have to see the product in real life before passing judgement. Pictures are not it. Just like when the G8x front grill was posted for the first time. The hate was overwhelming, but as people started to see the car in real life, feelings changed. Now much of the continued hate are from those who have not actually seen the design in person. Same goes for the ACS products. When you see the quality first hand, you understand.

Also I agree that we should call out people that use the term "rice." Not just on this thread, but overall. It's a derogatory term that has no place in 2021 car culture. Choose another term.

Not putting down anyones opinion. I just wanted to share my experiences with the products and the company, because so many are unaware that this level of quality is available for the BMW platform.

Many ACS customers are reluctant to post on forums because of the reaction we receive from those who don't understand the brand or it's quality. Many have been told that poor fitment and "china brand" replicas are acceptable on a brand new $78K+ BMW. They flood the market with these price point products to make legitimately engineered, quality products, seem expensive. I may be Old school but
I don't see how putting the cheapest possible part on a high end sports car makes any sense at all. But here we are. It's the same people buying and pushing rep parts that hate on ACS. Makes you wonder..
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2021, 08:16 AM   #64
lixiang7349
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: customE50Tune

Stop quoting factory "crank" numbers to make your gain look bigger.

All manufacturers claim less than actual.

Just dyno the stock car and then your tuned and compare. It's also pathetic to convert back to crank (unless you actually pulled the engine out to dyno). Why bother. What you put to the wheels is what matters.
Appreciate 1
The Stig246.00
      10-22-2021, 09:00 AM   #65
The Stig
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp, 2021 X7

Garage List
Quote:
When I see comments like "autozone" it makes me chuckle because I know that this is a very high quality product that looks like nothing you would find at autozone.
You dont seem to understand the point.

Nobody has debated the quality. You're making up points of contention to make yourself feel better about overpaying for a bunch of janky looking mods. Its not the quality of the products that are in question.

ITS LITERALLY THAT THIS STUFF LOOKS LIKE IT CAME FROM AUTO ZONE.

Do you not understand?

Also on a side note, you 100% either work or rep AC.... You dont seem to even have a G80, yet here you are all up on AC Schnitzers Schlong in the G80 forum.
      10-22-2021, 11:56 AM   #66
bmw noob
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 Comp x-drive

Garage List
Everyone got their 🍿? This is getting fun!
2022 G80 comp X-drive:San Marino Blue/ Silverstone, 826 bicolor, cf roof; exec pkg; shadow lasers; carbon pack; MSS HAS; spacers (15/12); Burger intakes; Unit17 front lip/CS Style spoiler; TLG flappies; full xpel ppf + 15% tint; AWE switchpath exhaust w/mid-pipes; csl strut brace; Eventuri cf engine cover
Gone: 2020 M340i; 2017 F30 340i; 2008 e92 335
Appreciate 0