BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics G80 M3 /G82 M4 versus...

11-04-2021, 05:28 PM   #45
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwarjejeega View Post
Hellcats used to be that much. $1995 down, $550-650 a month depending on options like sunroof, stripes etc... now they're back to around 700-850 range with the same down, if not a little more.
Around me, 2k down on a widebody hellcat charger would've been 1039. I checked.

That was top choice for me (after declining a C8 stingray). But didn't want the car to get stolen so i went to BMW.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2021, 02:18 AM   #46
TheHunterHofman
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M3 Competition (LCII)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickGTR View Post
I'm all about roll racing/street racing but these dudes are 160+MPH passing cars/trucks a dude on a bike. Lol. Find a better road dog. Or just a quick 40-120 pull and then breaks. My man is in 6th gear just like no one is around🤷🏽
These are Germans, they are better than us sir...
They're Dutch, not German
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2021, 09:35 AM   #47
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterHofman View Post
Yes I know this, I didnt articulate well enough for a few here as when I was quoting my friend it was about the road where the cars were driven.

I apologize profusely
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2021, 07:38 PM   #48
TheHunterHofman
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M3 Competition (LCII)

Quote:
Quote:
Yes I know this, I didnt articulate well enough for a few here as when I was quoting my friend it was about the road where the cars were driven.

I apologize profusely
Your apologies are…. Accepted. I'm in a forgiving mood.
Appreciate 1
      11-07-2021, 03:37 AM   #49
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I apologize profusely
Your apologies are…. Accepted. I'm in a forgiving mood.
^^^^^
      11-07-2021, 02:16 PM   #50
WickedBMW
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M3 MT

I sure will miss my M3 MT.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 01:35 PM   #51
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3c - sold

Considering Dodge is going to stop producing Hellcats by 2023, its going to be hard to find a clean example after that.

Dealers might mark them up for the last MY but I believe one can still find good deals for MY22 factory orders with some effort. Dodge might be one of the few manufacturer who is offering cash incentives in the current market and 0% apr for 72 months.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2021, 07:10 AM   #52
Bimmr7
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Comp/G80 M3 Comp on Ord

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
2011 BMW 328  [0.00]
2010 BMW 335 M Sport  [0.00]
Quote:
I'm all about roll racing/street racing but these dudes are 160+MPH passing cars/trucks a dude on a bike. Lol. Find a better road dog. Or just a quick 40-120 pull and then breaks. My man is in 6th gear just like no one is around🤷🏽

🧐. I’m guessing u never drove in Europe or on the Autobahn.
Appreciate 1
      12-05-2021, 07:12 AM   #53
Bimmr7
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Comp/G80 M3 Comp on Ord

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
2011 BMW 328  [0.00]
2010 BMW 335 M Sport  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
I agree.

The only reason why i ended up with an M3C instead of a hellcat was because hellcats by me are notorious of getting stolen. And since i live relatively close to newark (google it lol), i couldn't deal with the paranoia of owning one. Otherwise i would have already had a widebody hellcat charger in my driveway.

But the M3 is still incredible. I wish autotopnl had better comparisons. At least use a comp vs the hellcat. ZF8 vs ZF8 equipped cars.

Born and raised in Newark, I wouldn’t own a Hellcat if I lived near there either.
Appreciate 1
2011ninja3318.00
      12-05-2021, 07:20 AM   #54
ABQ_M3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3 Competition

I had an order for a Hellcat Charger redeye but cancelled it and ordered a M3. It was the thought of paying $80k with the interior quality of a $20k. I live in a city with an auto theft problem so that also played a major factor in my decision.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2021, 07:58 AM   #55
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmr7 View Post
Quote:
I'm all about roll racing/street racing but these dudes are 160+MPH passing cars/trucks a dude on a bike. Lol. Find a better road dog. Or just a quick 40-120 pull and then breaks. My man is in 6th gear just like no one is around

. I’m guessing u never drove in Europe or on the Autobahn.
Germans know how to drive
      12-10-2021, 07:17 AM   #56
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQ_M3 View Post
I live in a city with an auto theft problem so that also played a major factor in my decision.
Looks like Dodge has come out with additional counter measures as their vehicles were theft prone and had a bad reputation with customers.

https://www.dodgegarage.com/news/art...-measures.html
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2021, 08:25 AM   #57
ABQ_M3
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj123 View Post
Looks like Dodge has come out with additional counter measures as their vehicles were theft prone and had a bad reputation with customers.

https://www.dodgegarage.com/news/art...-measures.html
It won't take long for thieves to figure it out but it is definitely a good start by Dodge. Amazing it took them so long to make that change. I tell you what though, Dodge didn't make any friends with that interior. When my wife and I looked at a Hellcat she couldn't believe the price after sitting in what felt like a rental car interior.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2021, 09:30 AM   #58
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It won't take long for thieves to figure it out but it is definitely a good start by Dodge. Amazing it took them so long to make that change. I tell you what though, Dodge didn't make any friends with that interior. When my wife and I looked at a Hellcat she couldn't believe the price after sitting in what felt like a rental car interior.
Totally agree with your comments on the interior. Its pretty much same from a $25k rental but most owners wouldnt care about it with that power and SC noise. Personally, i prefer those ancient hard buttons when most manufacturers are on the way to eliminate buttons (insert iDrive 8).

Since the additional PIN is integrated into the system unlike key fob signal transmission, it should be extra safe. Also Dodge wouldnt take a chance on tarnishing their image if thieves could find a way around for this fix as well.

I am finding it really hard to choose between G80 and Charger HC. They are ending HC production by 2023 and also i can get a MY22 for a great deal.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2021, 09:41 AM   #59
ABQ_M3
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Totally agree with your comments on the interior. Its pretty much same from a $25k rental but most owners wouldnt care about it with that power and SC noise. Personally, i prefer those ancient hard buttons when most manufacturers are on the way to eliminate buttons (insert iDrive 8).

Since the additional PIN is integrated into the system unlike key fob signal transmission, it should be extra safe. Also Dodge wouldnt take a chance on tarnishing their image if thieves could find a way around for this fix as well.

I am finding it really hard to choose between G80 and Charger HC. They are ending HC production by 2023 and also i can get a MY22 for a great deal.
The main problem I have with hellcats is that you will not, I repeat no matter how good of a driver you are, will not get it to grip. You need perfect track conditions for any type of traction. Yes the sound is amazing and the power is unbelievable but for an all around driving experience the M3 is a much more well rounded ride.

I have driven many high HP cars and the Hellcat is for sure a "less expensive" way to big HP but its just that a one trick pony. Im not sure what your plans are for the car but IMHO the M3 is plenty fast for daily use and those fun track days.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2021, 10:50 AM   #60
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The main problem I have with hellcats is that you will not, I repeat no matter how good of a driver you are, will not get it to grip. You need perfect track conditions for any type of traction. Yes the sound is amazing and the power is unbelievable but for an all around driving experience the M3 is a much more well rounded ride.

I have driven many high HP cars and the Hellcat is for sure a "less expensive" way to big HP but its just that a one trick pony. Im not sure what your plans are for the car but IMHO the M3 is plenty fast for daily use and those fun track days.
This market gave an opportunity to consolidate vehicles and plan for the future. This vehicle will be mainly for those fun solo / family drives and is going to stay in our garage for a very long time. I had a F87 on order this summer towards its EOP as it was a great analog vehicle. Test drove on and ended up cancelling the order as it was too small for our liking / needs.

Had a chance to drive a G80 during Indy M track day and it gives an great overall package. I have tracked vehicles for work and this vehicle exceeded my expectations. BMW has done a great job on putting down the power in this platform. Always wanted to own a M vehicle and this might be the last opportunity as i dont want iDrive 8 or a hybrid.

I have owned a Durango RT with HEMI in the past but Charger HellCat brings in a totally unique experience. A great deal off MSRP in the current market and EOP by next year are on the table as well.

I wont be going wrong with either of them but as of now, i am 51% on a G80 and 49% on a Charger HC.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2021, 11:07 AM   #61
SickGTR
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1000whpGTR/ F-82 YAS

Quote:
Quote:

Well when the G cars get to be 700 HP/torque, they will have zero traction as well. RWD that is. So not really sure you can say the BMW has way better traction. On a stock car, sure.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2021, 10:28 AM   #62
ABQ_M3
Private First Class
Rep

[QUOTE=SickGTR;28346115]Well when the G cars get to be 700 HP/torque, they will have zero traction as well. RWD that is. So not really sure you can say the BMW has way better traction. On a stock car, sure.[/QUOTE}

Not once did I mention the BMW would hold traction at 700hp. There are many modified vehicles that put down the power more efficiently than the hellcat. I love the hellcat for what it is, an "affordable" way to big HP.

The interior/quality leaves a lot to be desired, but Dodge is extremely smart in marketing towards those who don't mind. I love that they throw monster engines in vehicles like the charger as that whine is addicting. For overall livability and especially as a DD, gotta nod toward BMW.

I say if you want a Hellcat buy it! If you want a BMW then buy it!
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2022, 06:48 AM   #63
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
This market gave an opportunity to consolidate vehicles and plan for the future. This vehicle will be mainly for those fun solo / family drives and is going to stay in our garage for a very long time. I had a F87 on order this summer towards its EOP as it was a great analog vehicle. Test drove on and ended up cancelling the order as it was too small for our liking / needs.

Had a chance to drive a G80 during Indy M track day and it gives an great overall package. I have tracked vehicles for work and this vehicle exceeded my expectations. BMW has done a great job on putting down the power in this platform. Always wanted to own a M vehicle and this might be the last opportunity as i dont want iDrive 8 or a hybrid.

I have owned a Durango RT with HEMI in the past but Charger HellCat brings in a totally unique experience. A great deal off MSRP in the current market and EOP by next year are on the table as well.

I wont be going wrong with either of them but as of now, i am 51% on a G80 and 49% on a Charger HC.
The G80C is an amazing car. Whether you get the RWD or x-drive.

Having owning my M3C for a little over a month now, it's an incredible car. But i always think about that hellcat i was debating before i considered the M3.

The only reason why i even have the M3C, is because in my area charger V8's (doesn't matter if it's an RT, scatpack, hellcat etc), are NOTORIOUS in getting stolen. Like you slip up once and park the car on the street one night, that's the night it gets taken. You literally have to keep it parked in your driveway or garage, and when you take it out, you have to be in the car the entire drive, then back in the driveway/garage. And that's pretty much how you can own these cars.

I really wanted a hellcat charger. But this M3C is still an incredible car too. It just doesn't have that V8
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2022, 10:14 AM   #64
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The G80C is an amazing car. Whether you get the RWD or x-drive.

Having owning my M3C for a little over a month now, it's an incredible car. But i always think about that hellcat i was debating before i considered the M3.

The only reason why i even have the M3C, is because in my area charger V8's (doesn't matter if it's an RT, scatpack, hellcat etc), are NOTORIOUS in getting stolen. Like you slip up once and park the car on the street one night, that's the night it gets taken. You literally have to keep it parked in your driveway or garage, and when you take it out, you have to be in the car the entire drive, then back in the driveway/garage. And that's pretty much how you can own these cars.

I really wanted a hellcat charger. But this M3C is still an incredible car too. It just doesn't have that V8
I think theft is a major reason which kept many people away from these vehicles and hopefully the recent fixes from FCA address that issue.

Both vehicles are unique in their own aspects and they bring in an unique overall package.

Hopefully i am able to make a decision soon and move forward.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2022, 11:26 AM   #65
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I think theft is a major reason which kept many people away from these vehicles and hopefully the recent fixes from FCA address that issue.

Both vehicles are unique in their own aspects and they bring in an unique overall package.

Hopefully i am able to make a decision soon and move forward.
My good friend has a heavily modified hellcat charger. But he doesn't daily it anymore nor does he even drive it on the street. He turned it into a full blown road course car. Gutted the interior, roll cage, gigantic shovel style front splitter. So he's good there. But the charger i was looking at was pretty much a 2nd choice option of what i would want to get (if i wasn't ordering new).

It was a 2020 widebody, granite, black wheels, red calipers, red/black interior and a sunroof. No other options. It only had 8k miles for around 74k. It was perfect.

But i kept thinking about how paranoid i would be. Even it parked in my driveway. I couldn't live like that so i had to pass. It was such an incredible car.

I hate thieves.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2022, 02:07 PM   #66
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
My good friend has a heavily modified hellcat charger. But he doesn't daily it anymore nor does he even drive it on the street. He turned it into a full blown road course car. Gutted the interior, roll cage, gigantic shovel style front splitter. So he's good there. But the charger i was looking at was pretty much a 2nd choice option of what i would want to get (if i wasn't ordering new).

It was a 2020 widebody, granite, black wheels, red calipers, red/black interior and a sunroof. No other options. It only had 8k miles for around 74k. It was perfect.

But i kept thinking about how paranoid i would be. Even it parked in my driveway. I couldn't live like that so i had to pass. It was such an incredible car.

I hate thieves.
Your friend's vehicle should be a sick ride.

I read in a blog or forum that a person in an affluent neighborhood had a Charger HC vehicle turned on their driveway to warm it up and went into the house to grab something. Be came back in a couple of minutes and the vehicle was gone. Even though it might be a one of issue, its how things are in the real world. If the theft issue is in back our mind, one will not be able to enjoy the vehicle to the fullest.
Appreciate 0