Lol
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2021, 09:20 PM   #24
KiloCo
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Toyota// 22 G82 M4 Comp

Just my 2 cents... I purchase the BMW M4 Comp because of the larger intake/Grill. I also wanted something different than what everyone else was driving on the Freeways. I know I'm in the minority when it's about the grill, but old style wasn't for me.
Appreciate 1
chicagofan0018923.00
      11-25-2021, 09:23 PM   #25
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloCo View Post
Just my 2 cents... I purchase the BMW M4 Comp because of the larger intake/Grill. I also wanted something different than what everyone else was driving on the Freeways. I know I'm in the minority when it's about the grill, but old style wasn't for me.
What in the world makes you think you are in the minority on this? I think it’s obvious now you’re not.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2021, 10:01 PM   #26
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbertels View Post
Any updates on this?
I assume they gave up on this project.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2021, 10:17 PM   #27
cbertels
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3 YMB-SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
Quote:
Any updates on this?
I assumed so too but haven't really been following the G8x stuff
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2021, 10:32 PM   #28
CodyAXM
Private
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 On Order

Not every painting is going to appeal to every person. Some people wouldn’t spend $25 on something that someone else wouldn’t think twice about spending $2500 on .
Doesn’t make it right to white wash the painting… IMO.

Maybe the companies idea has just been complicated to complete - Covid related production issues maybe , who knows .

I’m not sure i understand the customer who would be purchasing an entire car, just to plan on how to make it look NOT like the car that it is.

But surely , that customer is out there. And most definitely as the old saying goes, if you build it - they will come .
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2021, 10:45 PM   #29
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
Quote:
Any updates on this?
I assumed so too but haven't really been following the G8x stuff
To bring you up to speed, you can't find the cars on the lots and the ones you do find are because of some obscene market adjustment pricing is associated to them. The allocation wait list at most dealership is usually at least 5 or more people at any given time and looking at at least a 4-6 month time frame of getting the car once you get an allocation (chip shortages).

Seems to be very little issue with this car selling as is and most vendors that were initially appealing to some of the loud few that hated the grille have probably realized that there really isn't a market out there big enough to recoup the R&D costs associated with making a new front end for these cars.

🤷🏻

Current - 2024 G05 X5 ///M60i in Java Green
Past - 2005 E53 X5 3.0i in Titanium Silver; 2008 E92 335i in Montego Blue; 2019 G01 X3 M40i in Glacier Silver; 2022 G80 M3 Competition in Twilight Purple
Appreciate 1
cbertels1212.00
      11-26-2021, 12:30 PM   #30
ROBERT1183
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M3 DRAVIT GREY 6SPEED

At first release I hated the front. But I found my self stopping almost daily at my local dealer to check them out when they were first arriving. This was back in March. I quickly sold my 3700 mile F80 and ordered a G80 to my spec and took delivery in August. I love the front. I wouldn't change it now even if a redesigned bumper/grill was released. Its what ties everything about the car together.
Appreciate 2
      11-26-2021, 02:01 PM   #31
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '22 Mexico Blue G80 xDrive, '2

Garage List
This post is laughable (I realize it's old).

Are people really that resistant to change??

The new front end looks amazing! The prior F80 now looks outdated and old.

I miss my F80 but I can't wait to get my new, G80!
Appreciate 5
chicagofan0018923.00
khanyam4801.50
DimM3302.00
'Cane8345.00
      11-27-2021, 09:10 AM   #32
cbertels
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3 YMB-SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinPA View Post
This post is laughable (I realize it's old).

Are people really that resistant to change??

The new front end looks amazing! The prior F80 now looks outdated and old.

I miss my F80 but I can't wait to get my new, G80!
Some like the front, others (me) hate it enough not to buy the car. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I respect those that bought one. This thread showed up in a search for something unrelated to the G80 and thought I'd ask.

I'd agree that market forces likely means a re-styled bumper isn't worth it for the aftermarket and likely isn't forthcoming.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2021, 01:25 PM   #33
fabulousprofound
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

So this appeared on my IG feed...

https://instagram.com/stories/_evaer...dium=copy_link
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-08-2021, 04:20 PM   #34
DimM3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40

I find it really silly that people actually pay money to develop and are trying to change the front end of this generation M3.It's one of the characteristics of this car and either you like it or move on and buy something else.
People who bought one they did because they like how it looks from the factory.
Appreciate 1
Patton2502936.50
      12-09-2021, 09:25 PM   #35
JonnyM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: Moderately Quick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimM3 View Post
I find it really silly that people actually pay money to develop and are trying to change the front end of this generation M3.It's one of the characteristics of this car and either you like it or move on and buy something else.
By that logic nobody should change their exhaust, wheels, front lip, rear diffuser, any cf accents, no wrapping, and no interior changes. Stop justifying your acceptance of a front end most people don’t like, variety is the spice of life.
Appreciate 2
      12-09-2021, 09:35 PM   #36
Kevin_The_Clean1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 MC

Quote:
No... not exactly. People buy the G80 M3 for the performance characteristics. Just because the massive & way out of proportion front grill grows on some people over time doesn't mean it's aesthetically pleasing by any means. In fact it's quite the contrary. Take a step back & look at the big picture bud.
2017 F87 M2 - Sold & missed
2020 F97 X3 M Competition - Finally arrived ///
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2021, 09:42 PM   #37
AhsanU
i can haz horsepowr ??
Rep
Drives: inconspicuous white van

Quote:
Absolutely incorrect.

I bought a G80 M3 because it's the only car with a manual transmission, has 4 doors, has a luxurious interior with modern amenities like Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, and sounds pretty good after a few exhaust mods. Note: I don't like V8's quite so much and prefer the howl of a 6 cylinder, hence why I didn't consider the Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing. I also don't like how that car looks at all inside and out.

I don't mind the front end at all as it has grown on me, but I wouldn't say that I like it. I like things like the wide hips, aggressive nature, the amazing community we have here, etc. but the front grille isn't something I lust after. It is certainly a distinguishing factor on the G8X and is all the controversy, but I absolutely did not look at it and go "yes I must have that". In fact, I ordered one, cancelled it, then ordered one again because there genuinely aren't any cars out there that can satisfy all my wants/needs. At first, I wouldn't have minded the grille if the car sounded decent, but it didn't at all in stock guise. Upon hearing a G80 M3 that sounds pretty good with catless DP's and a single midpipe, I ordered one as sound was the thing that was difficult to get over based on the initial videos/reviews and what not. I value the sound of a car quite a bit.

So yeah, definitely can't lump all of the G8X owners in one category with a statement like that.
Gone but not forgotten: 991.1 GT3, F80 M3 ZCP, E46 M3
Appreciate 1
      12-09-2021, 11:14 PM   #38
TrentMeister
Colonel
Rep
Drives: g82 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhsanU View Post
Quote:
Absolutely incorrect.

I bought a G80 M3 because it's the only car with a manual transmission, has 4 doors, has a luxurious interior with modern amenities like Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, and sounds pretty good after a few exhaust mods. Note: I don't like V8's quite so much and prefer the howl of a 6 cylinder, hence why I didn't consider the Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing. I also don't like how that car looks at all inside and out.

I don't mind the front end at all as it has grown on me, but I wouldn't say that I like it. I like things like the wide hips, aggressive nature, the amazing community we have here, etc. but the front grille isn't something I lust after. It is certainly a distinguishing factor on the G8X and is all the controversy, but I absolutely did not look at it and go "yes I must have that". In fact, I ordered one, cancelled it, then ordered one again because there genuinely aren't any cars out there that can satisfy all my wants/needs. At first, I wouldn't have minded the grille if the car sounded decent, but it didn't at all in stock guise. Upon hearing a G80 M3 that sounds pretty good with catless DP's and a single midpipe, I ordered one as sound was the thing that was difficult to get over based on the initial videos/reviews and what not. I value the sound of a car quite a bit.

So yeah, definitely can't lump all of the G8X owners in one category with a statement like that.
My catless single mid setup is on the way now😎👍🏼
Appreciate 1
AhsanU3789.00
      12-10-2021, 12:19 AM   #39
AhsanU
i can haz horsepowr ??
Rep
Drives: inconspicuous white van

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentMeister View Post
My catless single mid setup is on the way now😎👍🏼
You bastard!

I don't even have my car yet
Gone but not forgotten: 991.1 GT3, F80 M3 ZCP, E46 M3
Appreciate 1
      12-10-2021, 05:04 AM   #40
DimM3
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyM3 View Post
By that logic nobody should change their exhaust, wheels, front lip, rear diffuser, any cf accents, no wrapping, and no interior changes. Stop justifying your acceptance of a front end most people don’t like, variety is the spice of life.
I respect that they don't like it. I personally find it silly and its my honest opinion. The G80 was designed like that. Changing the whole front end of the car is too drastic and completely changes its appearance/character.
Appreciate 1
Patton2502936.50
      12-10-2021, 05:13 AM   #41
DimM3
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Changing exhaust ,lip etc has nothing to do to changing the whole front end of the car. Can you show me a late example of any make that a complete aftermarket change of the front end of the car has happened recently ?
You might as well put the S58 to an F80 body then.
On the other thread with the csl grill I said I personally like the mod and looks better than oem but that is different to completely change the whole front of the car.

I just stated my personal opinion.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2021, 07:06 AM   #42
TrentMeister
Colonel
Rep
Drives: g82 comp

Quote:
Quote:
Changing exhaust ,lip etc has nothing to do to changing the whole front end of the car. Can you show me a late example of any make that a complete aftermarket change of the front end of the car has happened recently ?
You might as well put the S58 to an F80 body then.
On the other thread with the csl grill I said I personally like the mod and looks better than oem but that is different to completely change the whole front of the car.

I just stated my personal opinion.
M2c has an absolutely sick front end that 3D design made for it.
Appreciate 1
DimM3302.00