G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums USA - Great Lakes

04-12-2022, 05:26 PM   #67
MMM.PWR
Sith Lord
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80X, Mazda 3 6MT (daily)

Garage List
When I was shopping for cars, IA was charging 2K and had 2 people on the wait list. Madison was charging MSRP but was adding 1 point to the current BMW FS rate. MKE North was charging about $1600 in "add-ons" that were unnecessary and were pretty firm, I spoke with Michael too. I put down a deposit of 3K and shortly took it back as I went with Bergstrom / Enterprise - who may not be a large volume dealer, but they were great to deal with - no surprises and they hussled to get my allocation. No doubt, if I shop for BMW / Mercedes in the future, Bill Schaff is who I will contact. I'll even drive the car up to Appleton for the break-in service when the time comes just to visit.
      04-13-2022, 11:30 AM   #68
Aalfred
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX, 2018 X3 M40i

Thank you. Ill prob skip the negotiations with BMW north then. Not worth the hassle. IA was giving me MSRP for I4 but didnt see their OTD sheet to see what all fluff is added in there. I did contact Bill Schaff and he appears very nice and good to work with. Given my current driving situation, Im leaning towards I4 M50 instead of the M3C as I drive 15-20K miles a year and looking for a commuter car that is also fun to drive.

Bill Jacobs BMW is also very good and honest and straight forward. Im a costco member and I was given $1000 off MSRP which is unheard of but their wait list is at 28 !!!. So I did put down a deposit for the I4 M50. Im gonna work with Bill Schaff and see if I can get a deposit down if their wait list is shorter and see which one get there faster

Pl avoid Patrick BMW like a plague- classic Bait and switch and very dishonest.

Thank you all for your help !!!
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2022, 06:40 PM   #69
MMM.PWR
Sith Lord
United_States
Rep

Garage List
How's the wait list at Enterprise? Glad to hear you got in contact with him. Super nice guy. If you go with him, there's no "finance guy" that you'll talk to - it's all through him and it should be as straight forward as can be.

The I4 M50 is quite nice and looks good too. If I didn't have a daily driver, no way I would get the M3 as I can drive up to 140 miles a day sometimes. Good luck!
      04-17-2022, 12:10 AM   #70
Aalfred
Colonel
Rep

Thank you. Bill was very nice. He said the M3 wait list is 6 and he really cant give me a time frame. He was almost discouraging me from ordering it as he really didnt know when i would get it. I did reserve my m50 with him. He said they had 8 allocations and they were all accounted for but he was willing to put me on their wait list. He said there is not information from BMW reg how the m50 allocations work and he is as much in the dark as the others. But was nice enough to put me on the wait lost even without a deposit. I really like them.

As much as my heart really wants the M3/M4, I cant picture it as my daily driver esp with me driving 16-18K a year. I dont know how long my X3 is gonna go without having problems and dont know if i can push it for another 5 yrs. i hope maybe getting the m50 now might give me the opportunity to go for the m3 in 4 yrs after i pay off the m50 and move on from my x3.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2022, 12:23 AM   #71
MMM.PWR
Sith Lord
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aalfred View Post
Thank you. Bill was very nice. He said the M3 wait list is 6 and he really cant give me a time frame. He was almost discouraging me from ordering it as he really didnt know when i would get it. I did reserve my m50 with him. He said they had 8 allocations and they were all accounted for but he was willing to put me on their wait list. He said there is not information from BMW reg how the m50 allocations work and he is as much in the dark as the others. But was nice enough to put me on the wait lost even without a deposit. I really like them.

As much as my heart really wants the M3/M4, I cant picture it as my daily driver esp with me driving 16-18K a year. I dont know how long my X3 is gonna go without having problems and dont know if i can push it for another 5 yrs. i hope maybe getting the m50 now might give me the opportunity to go for the m3 in 4 yrs after i pay off the m50 and move on from my x3.
Wow, demand is only increasing it seems. But that probably has to do with production also slowing down. Hope you get the M50 allocation soon. Those will be pretty cool cars to see on the road as well.
      04-17-2022, 12:27 AM   #72
Aalfred
Colonel
Rep

Thanks. Im hoping so too. Atleast it looks like a 4 series and i do like the front grills. Hope i can skip the license plates in the front to give it the full effect. Dis you out your license plates in the front ?
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2022, 10:02 PM   #73
EG_G80X
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Comp Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geektechlive View Post
If you are ever driving your car around Brookfield you may see me. Had my first Lexus pull up to me a couple of days ago for a red light race. I'm still finishing up break in so I didn't play but he trailed me for about 2 miles on Bluemound road.
Man, I haven’t seen you! I’m over in Elm Grove and my g80 just started production yesterday. Went with Brooklyn Gray, fiona red CF buckets, Xdrive. We’ll have to meet up at some point! Here’s to rolling together and breaking some necks! Ha
Appreciate 1
MMM.PWR3440.00
      04-29-2022, 10:48 AM   #74
Bch53211
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Garage List
2015 M4  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EG_G80X View Post
Man, I haven’t seen you! I’m over in Elm Grove and my g80 just started production yesterday. Went with Brooklyn Gray, fiona red CF buckets, Xdrive. We’ll have to meet up at some point! Here’s to rolling together and breaking some necks! Ha
I’ve had my BSM M4 for a cpl months now - there is a cars and coffee meet 5/22 at McKinley marina, I’ll be there.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2022, 02:42 PM   #75
Beastyy
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Sorry to bring up an old post but I contacted Bill because of your recommendation and was added to the wait list. I am #4 or #5, either way Im assuming its going to be a few months before I even get an allocation but hopefully sooner. How long did you have to wait for allocation?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2022, 02:50 PM   #76
MMM.PWR
Sith Lord
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastyy View Post
Sorry to bring up an old post but I contacted Bill because of your recommendation and was added to the wait list. I am #4 or #5, either way Im assuming its going to be a few months before I even get an allocation but hopefully sooner. How long did you have to wait for allocation?
Awesome, he's a good guy. I mean, I ordered in Nov. 2021 and was extremely lucky. I didn't wait more than a couple of weeks for an allocation, and at the time they had no one on the wait list. I believe he was able to trade a car for my allocation.

Market is very different now. I expect it to be more than a few months for that allocation if you're #4/5 - dealers are not guaranteed allocations every month. But every now and then a cancelled order comes in. I know a month ago Bill told me about an M4 that came in and whose order was cancelled. They were selling it for below MSRP. Good luck!
      08-04-2022, 03:27 PM   #77
Bch53211
Major
Rep

Garage List
2015 M4  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
I deposited in April ‘21 and got my allocation in June. I was #1 on the list. Took 8-9 months to get my car after that. Good luck to you, it’s all just speculation. I believe most of Europe is now starting their 3-4 week summer break so that may be a factor. Once you get your allocation it can take as little as 2-3 months to take delivery or up to a year. When you finally get your car, don’t have an accident like I did. I’ve been waiting almost three months now for a part to do the repair with no end in sight.

Last edited by Bch53211; 08-04-2022 at 03:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2022, 11:32 AM   #78
Beastyy
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bch53211 View Post
I deposited in April ‘21 and got my allocation in June. I was #1 on the list. Took 8-9 months to get my car after that. Good luck to you, it’s all just speculation. I believe most of Europe is now starting their 3-4 week summer break so that may be a factor. Once you get your allocation it can take as little as 2-3 months to take delivery or up to a year. When you finally get your car, don’t have an accident like I did. I’ve been waiting almost three months now for a part to do the repair with no end in sight.
I take it your meant June '21 also? I have no problem with waiting, I was just curious for this dealer in particular
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2022, 08:49 PM   #79
Bch53211
Major
Rep

Garage List
2015 M4  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastyy View Post
I take it your meant June '21 also? I have no problem with waiting, I was just curious for this dealer in particular
Ha yes June ‘21
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2022, 01:06 PM   #80
EG_G80X
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geektechlive View Post
If you are ever driving your car around Brookfield you may see me. Had my first Lexus pull up to me a couple of days ago for a red light race. I'm still finishing up break in so I didn't play but he trailed me for about 2 miles on Bluemound road.
I’m in Elm Grove with a Brooklyn Gray G80, I’ll definitely keep an eye out for ya! Always down to meet up as well!! Nice spec btw
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2022, 01:18 PM   #81
EG_G80X
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bch53211 View Post
I’ve had my BSM M4 for a cpl months now - there is a cars and coffee meet 5/22 at McKinley marina, I’ll be there.
Well I obviously missed that. Still figuring out this Bimmerpost app. Lol. I just installed the AA single mid pipe and it really brought the car to life. Car is at the shop now to have the AST springs and spacers installed. Would love to meet up!
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2022, 08:43 AM   #82
MMM.PWR
Sith Lord
United_States
Rep

Garage List
What shop are you going through? Just curious. I had AA single + axle back = drone for days. Went back to stock, I'm too old for the vroom vroom I guess.
      09-14-2022, 08:24 PM   #83
EG_G80X
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM.PWR View Post
What shop are you going through? Just curious. I had AA single + axle back = drone for days. Went back to stock, I'm too old for the vroom vroom I guess.
I go through Milwaukee Motorwerks in Waukesha. Owners name is Brian, and a good dude. I haven’t had any drone issues at all. It’s interesting that you did. I retained the stock down pipes and axle back (muffler). Did you have it set up the same?
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2022, 11:13 PM   #84
MMM.PWR
Sith Lord
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by EG_G80X View Post
I go through Milwaukee Motorwerks in Waukesha. Owners name is Brian, and a good dude. I haven’t had any drone issues at all. It’s interesting that you did. I retained the stock down pipes and axle back (muffler). Did you have it set up the same?
Cool, I know someone who works there with the M240i. I wasn't getting drone until I added the axle back. After that bad experience I just got a sour taste for AA and X-PH in how they handled the situation. The midpipe + axle back sound a lot better than just the midpipe, but the sacrifice is the drone and the less than stellar fitment of AA, IMO.

The issue is that AA designed the axle back with a manual car, which runs at a higher RPM range in cruising speeds (70 mph+). In an automatic car, it happens to be at 2K, which is exactly where it drones the most.