BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

12-01-2021, 06:19 PM   #1
dubzz24
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp xDrive

Status 111 but I have a production month?

Hello all,

In Canada unfortunately we can't track our own orders and have to go through the dealer. I'm wondering if anyone can confirm what I've been told is accurate?

I placed an order for an individual color M3cx roughly 2 months ago now. A few weeks ago my CA indicated that there were 4 people ahead of me awaiting allocations.

Yesterday I was informed that my order is now in status 111 and that I have a production month of Jan 2022. One screenshot he sent me shows my production #, with an ETA and location status showing 111. In a screenshot of a different program - what looks like an ancient DOS green screen program - it shows "Prod. Mth: 1 - 2022".

Is it normal for a status 111 to have a production month assigned? Or is this just a system thing and I don't actually have an allocation yet? I was under the impression that if I had an allocation now that I would be in status 112.

Does anyone have experience with this?
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 07:38 PM   #2
edofloat
Captain
Rep
Drives: Outback or 992

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubzz24 View Post
Hello all,

In Canada unfortunately we can't track our own orders and have to go through the dealer. I'm wondering if anyone can confirm what I've been told is accurate?

I placed an order for an individual color M3cx roughly 2 months ago now. A few weeks ago my CA indicated that there were 4 people ahead of me awaiting allocations.

Yesterday I was informed that my order is now in status 111 and that I have a production month of Jan 2022. One screenshot he sent me shows my production #, with an ETA and location status showing 111. In a screenshot of a different program - what looks like an ancient DOS green screen program - it shows "Prod. Mth: 1 - 2022".

Is it normal for a status 111 to have a production month assigned? Or is this just a system thing and I don't actually have an allocation yet? I was under the impression that if I had an allocation now that I would be in status 112.

Does anyone have experience with this?
Yes, it's normal to have a production month assigned, most of us did since we had actual allocations when orders were placed. You now have a production number, you have an allocation.

It is an entirely different matter if they will actually produce the car in January. Maybe. Maybe not. Most here if you haven't already figured this out have been delayed many times, some for more than 6 months, and are still waiting.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 08:12 PM   #3
dubzz24
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Thanks for the info! I believe I got a production number as soon as BMW approved the order though? Are you saying that you got a production month when you placed your order, prior to getting your allocation? When does the switch from status 111 to 112 happen?

I understand that there may be huge delays, but getting an allocation and “scheduled” production date are a step in the right direction.

I’m just a little worried about how it still says status 111 combined with being told a few weeks ago that there were 4 customers in line ahead of me at my dealership.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 08:23 PM   #4
modat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 IOMG M3 Xdrive

Quote:
Thanks for the info! I believe I got a production number as soon as BMW approved the order though? Are you saying that you got a production month when you placed your order, prior to getting your allocation? When does the switch from status 111 to 112 happen?

I understand that there may be huge delays, but getting an allocation and “scheduled” production date are a step in the right direction.

I’m just a little worried about how it still says status 111 combined with being told a few weeks ago that there were 4 customers in line ahead of me at my dealership.

111 means you have a production number. You are Gucci
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 09:31 PM   #5
dubzz24
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by modat View Post
111 means you have a production number. You are Gucci
Gucci as in I have an actual allocation? I’m pretty sure I got the production number as soon as the order was approved by BMW.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 03:57 PM   #6
MMM.PWR
Sith Lord
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80X, Mazda 3 6MT (daily)

Garage List
Quote:
Gucci as in I have an actual allocation? I’m pretty sure I got the production number as soon as the order was approved by BMW.
If you have a production number, you have an allocation. That’s it
Appreciate 0