BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

11-29-2021, 07:48 AM   #1
modat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 IOMG M3 Xdrive

Stage 1- Deposit placed- MSRP with 0.9% financing. The dealership told you you should have your production number soon. You come on the forums to gloat to everyone. You are on top of the world. You may have even ordered a few mods so they get here on time. Little do you know.....

Stage 2- Its been 3 months since you put down your initial deposit. You now have 12 deposits at different dealerships spanning the entire country. You finally get a call from one of them- allocation secured! You come on the forums and post your status on your designated week number thread. You now have a posse.

Stage 3- You check mygarage 12 times a day hoping for something to happen but it never does. You scour the forums and every other thread is about a deletion or shortage. Your build week has been pushed 8 times. The anxiety is at its highest here. You go to kilter.come to see if there is a finished car you can pickup instead of waiting. You have even contemplated paying $10k over MSRP just so you can be out of this misery.

Stage 4- Production started!You open that dusty box of mods that you ordered and imagine how they would look like on your car. You call your detailer and start putting tentative dates down for your PPF. You know in your heart that you will take delivery in 30 days or less...

Stage 5- Car is here! You no longer give a shit. You are dead inside. You've been stuck at QC for 8 weeks and you have 3 stop sales. Your dealer just informed you that they need to charge above MSRP and that 0.9% financing no longer applies. Its been so long since you ordered the car that you dont even remember the color. You either take it or buy a Subaru.

Edit.....
Stage 6- BMW just F'ed you. Even though you ordered your car 4 months ago you still haven't gotten it yet and now you are subject to a APR and MSRP increase. You go to the Subaru dealership only to find out they have none in the lot and their showroom is filled with used Nissan Altimas. You go back to the dealership to get the car only to find out they sold it to a guy named Chad who paid $10k over MSRP.

Last edited by modat; 01-18-2022 at 02:31 PM..
Appreciate 27
rgrovr416.50
Rosco P224.00
LSP72.00
chicagofan0019132.50
Sbm007612.50
G30 B581546.50
sJohnny264.00
mhannis50.50
luckylingy3233.50
Barathon579.00
leotorr25.50
JoePcone145.00
Llarry15682.00
madsbmr34.00
Simms__21.00
fridex124.00
JWBimmer135.00
Mar481099.50
FLOSS M385.50
      11-29-2021, 07:56 AM   #2
DCG82
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BWM M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by modat View Post
Stage 1- Deposit placed- MSRP with 0.9% financing. The dealership told you you should have your production number soon. You come on the forums to gloat to everyone. You are on top of the world. You may have even ordered a few mods so they get here on time. Little do you know.....

Stage 2- Its been 3 months since you put down your initial deposit. You now have 12 deposits at different dealerships spanning the entire country. You finally get a call from one of them- allocation secured! You come on the forums and post your status on your designated week number thread. You now have a posse.

Stage 3- You check mygarage 12 times a day hoping for something to happen but it never does. You scour the forums and every other thread is about a deletion or shortage. Your build week has been pushed 8 times. The anxiety is at its highest here. You go to kilter.come to see if there is a finished car you can pickup instead of waiting. You have even contemplated paying $10k over MSRP just so you can be out of this misery.

Stage 4- Production started!You open that dusty box of mods that you ordered and imagine how they would look like on your car. You call your detailer and start putting tentative dates down for your PPF. You know in your heart that you will take delivery in 30 days or less...

Stage 5- Car is complete! You no longer give a shit. You are dead inside. You've been stuck at QC for 8 weeks and you have 3 stop sales. Your dealer just informed you that they need to charge above MSRP and that 0.9% financing no longer applies. Its been so long since you ordered the car that you dont even remember the color. You either take it or buy a Subaru.

Although I have pricing in writing from my CA and Sales Manager, I am worried my dealership will get greedy and pull some nonsense when/if the car becomes available. I love cars but hate the buying experience. Honestly the best experience I ever had was buying a MB. Sales and service were unlike anything else I have experienced. Top notch. But given this environment, I believe everyone is desperate and it’s hard to say how this will end.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 08:24 AM   #3
Grrveer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C (sold) 2018 M2 (sold)

Quote:

Stage 5- Car is complete! You no longer give a shit. You are dead inside. You've been stuck at QC for 8 weeks and you have 3 stop sales. Your dealer just informed you that they need to charge above MSRP and that 0.9% financing no longer applies. Its been so long since you ordered the car that you dont even remember the color. You either take it or buy a Subaru.
Truth 💯
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 08:37 AM   #4
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

if your car gets here and your dealer charges over msrp when it gets here, i'd find a new dealer.. easier said than done for most, though.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 08:37 AM   #5
Sbm007
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G80 M3CX (Oxide Grey)

Garage List
Quote:

Sad but true in some cases
2022 G80 M3 Competition M xDrive (Oxide Grey)
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 08:49 AM   #6
razman
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: blah

Anyone here actually have stage 5 happen to them with their g8x order? The change in price /finance terms?
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 08:53 AM   #7
modat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by razman View Post
Anyone here actually have stage 5 happen to them with their g8x order? The change in price /finance terms?
https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1878749
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 09:11 AM   #8
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3c - sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by razman View Post
There were several reports, more threads in addition to the above one.

https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1873001

https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...1867969&page=3
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 10:08 AM   #9
KnightedBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3C

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 11:49 AM   #10
modat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

I am currently in stage 3. My order just went from 112 back to 111. Waiting on a genius call back to see what the impact is.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 12:55 PM   #11
BMWRacer523
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition xDrive

hilarious and true!
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 01:51 PM   #12
Likeanowl
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3/ Yas Marina Blue

Could a dealer change the agreed upon price if I have it in verbal and email form?
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 02:16 PM   #13
Alpine300zhp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 24 M4 Comp RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Likeanowl View Post
Could a dealer change the agreed upon price if I have it in verbal and email form?
Yes. But an ethical dealer won't because it's bad business all around. Before everyone starts shouting about how an agreement on price is a contract, let's all remember that litigation is costly, time consuming, and often not worth it. Just a lawyer talking here....
      11-29-2021, 02:21 PM   #14
Likeanowl
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine300zhp View Post
Yes. But an ethical dealer won't because it's bad business all around. Before everyone starts shouting about how an agreement on price is a contract, let's all remember that litigation is costly, time consuming, and often not worth it. Just a lawyer talking here....
I really hope they don’t attempt that because I am 1000% the type of person to lose my shit and cause a scene and I absolutely will if they try
Appreciate 1
Tyga113233.50
      11-29-2021, 02:23 PM   #15
Tyga11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp

I really hope this is not true. If BMW / Dealers are willing to treat consumers like this; there is a serious problem and they don't deserve any business.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 02:39 PM   #16
ToMorNotToM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 BSM G80 M3

Yup squarely in stage 3. Just missed another allocation month. Wondering what the 2023 M3’s will offer. At least I’m now at the top of the list.
Appreciate 1
      11-29-2021, 02:40 PM   #17
ToMorNotToM
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Likeanowl View Post
I really hope they don’t attempt that because I am 1000% the type of person to lose my shit and cause a scene and I absolutely will if they try
Definitely an opportunity to let your full raging inner Karen out to run amok like Godzilla through Tokyo.
Appreciate 1
      11-29-2021, 02:41 PM   #18
modat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToMorNotToM View Post
Yup squarely in stage 3. Just missed another allocation month. Wondering what the 2023 M3’s will offer. At least I’m now at the top of the list.
No allocation yet? You are still in stage 2 buddy. It gets much worse in stage 3. Ive already aged 5 years and gained 30 lbs
Appreciate 1
      11-29-2021, 02:42 PM   #19
Likeanowl
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToMorNotToM View Post
Definitely an opportunity to let your full raging inner Karen out to run amok like Godzilla through Tokyo.
I will go full blown Karen 3000 on them and feel no shame about it.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 02:43 PM   #20
ToMorNotToM
Private First Class
Rep

Ahh misread stage 3 I suppose. This is insane! I’ve never had such a hard time giving a dealer money.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 03:44 PM   #21
fvfvsix
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 M3 | '22 X3 M40i

I'm 2 months in and still stuck in Stage 1. But honestly, I work on the chip side of the industry, so I know exactly what's missing from these cars and what workarounds are being discussed. So right now, I'd prefer to stay at stage 1 until this blows over
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 03:46 PM   #22
DCG82
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BWM M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by teombe View Post
I'm 2 months in and still stuck in Stage 1. But honestly, I work on the chip side of the industry, so I know exactly what's missing from these cars and what workarounds are being discussed. So right now, I'd prefer to stay at stage 1 until this blows over
Please elaborate
Appreciate 1