BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

11-08-2021, 09:04 PM   #67
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Ice Cream Truck

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by modat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGW0RM View Post
Trust me, I'm dead against paying over msrp. BMW isn't charging them more for the cars. So why the hell should I. I'm 100% against paying an ADM.

But I really just want a car. I sold my 2020 911 S for the m3. I'm driving a 2012 Nissan Cube right now. Hahahaha. I actually love it. But I'd like to have my fun car now.

The one I found is has all the options I picked. But in a different exterior and interior color. Both of which I also like.

Anyways, I just feel like it's been one delay after another. The holidays are coming and I suspect more delays are coming and we won't see our cars until February or March.
Im driving a 2015 Honda Fit while I wait for my m3. If I can do it, so can you
We should race!
      11-08-2021, 10:11 PM   #68
Nick70115
2022 M3 AWD
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3 Comp xDrive

I'm in week 50 as well. I'm hoping I don't get pushed back. Also, Does anyone happen to know if you can check the exact wheel you chose in the garage? All I see is AG standard wheel and tire. I know all my options are there, but the dealership made a mistake on the wheels the first time when I built the car with them. I wanted the black but the code was the same as the bicolor. They said it was fixed now, but I just wanted to know if there was a way to double check.

My Build:

2022 M3 Comp xdrive
Black Sapphire Metallic
Black extended leather
826 M black wheels with red calipers
Piano black interior trim
Executive package
LED laser headlights
M shadow line lights
Parking assistance package
Drivers assistance pro package
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2021, 10:25 PM   #69
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '22 Mexico Blue G80 xDrive, '2

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Trust me, I'm dead against paying over msrp. BMW isn't charging them more for the cars. So why the hell should I. I'm 100% against paying an ADM.

But I really just want a car. I sold my 2020 911 S for the m3. I'm driving a 2012 Nissan Cube right now. Hahahaha. I actually love it. But I'd like to have my fun car now.

The one I found is has all the options I picked. But in a different exterior and interior color. Both of which I also like.

Anyways, I just feel like it's been one delay after another. The holidays are coming and I suspect more delays are coming and we won't see our cars until February or March.
Im driving a 2015 Honda Fit while I wait for my m3. If I can do it, so can you
We should race!
😂 lol!
I've got a 2021 Prius Prime. Let's set up a drag race. Cube vs Fit vs Prius
Appreciate 1
BIGW0RM3012.50
      11-08-2021, 10:54 PM   #70
og_e46
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E46; G80 M3C FDG; X7 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick70115 View Post
I'm in week 50 as well. I'm hoping I don't get pushed back. Also, Does anyone happen to know if you can check the exact wheel you chose in the garage? All I see is AG standard wheel and tire. I know all my options are there, but the dealership made a mistake on the wheels the first time when I built the car with them. I wanted the black but the code was the same as the bicolor. They said it was fixed now, but I just wanted to know if there was a way to double check.

Did you expand the pull down menu under "Standard Features" in mygarage? That's where I saw "826M Black Wheels" listed.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2021, 11:04 PM   #71
Nick70115
2022 M3 AWD
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by og_e46 View Post
Quote:

Did you expand the pull down menu under "Standard Features" in mygarage? That's where I saw "826M Black Wheels" listed.
Hmm odd. yeah I did check that and it doesn't say anything other than AG standard wheel and tire. Not sure what that means. It looks correct in the picture though.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2021, 11:33 PM   #72
AhsanU
i can haz horsepowr ??
Rep
Drives: inconspicuous white van

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerHellcat View Post
This is a stupid question, I keep on hearing people calling the genius. Is there a number you can just call and give the production number and they can tell what's going on with your build. When I originally submitted my build after securing the allocation. It was week 48 then my SA told me week 50. It hasn't moved in the tracking at all, no updates or anything in two full weeks.
Here's BMW's genius hotline for North America – (844)443-6487

When you call, just wait until for the automated message to tell you to hit 0 and hit 0. You have to go through a few "menus" but hit 0 each time until it directs you to a live person. Just tell the genius that you'd like for them to track your car and tell you if they have any information for you, and that you have a production number. Give it to 'em, and they'll tell you exactly what's going on. They can be pretty insightful.

Quote:
I am tempted to just pay a 5-10K ADM for one I can get this week from a dealer holding one hostage. Pisses me off they are charging that much. But I want my car now and what other choices do I have. I either wait and probably get pushed out another time or two. Or pay to play now. Sigh.
This is a tough decision given your situation. How different is the car that's on the lot vs. the one you've ordered? If it's relatively similar or you're not too picky about the finishes/interior/options, then I'd say go for it. I'd assess your "must have" options and if the car on the lot has it, why not take it? Depending on your financial situation, you can always make back 5-10k, but time is something you'll never get back.

Something else to consider: will you be driving the car over the winter? Your location says the OC, but if you're located elsewhere and if you plan on barely driving it (or not at all), then consider waiting for your desired car. No point in paying way over sticker on a car that's just going sit over the next few months when you could've held out a bit and gotten exactly what you wanted to begin with.

There's no right or wrong answer, just personal feelings and anecdotes. I could've nabbed a 2021 G80 M3 in IOMG on black interior for $4k above sticker + $2k shipping, but I decided to order my exact desired spec with individual paint and just live with my Model Y for now. My Tesla will be traded in for roughly the same amount (since I don't drive often) and I don't have to worry about salt on the roads, getting winter tyres for the northeast winter, etc. for the G80 M3 that I really didn't want to begin with.
Gone but not forgotten: 991.1 GT3, F80 M3 ZCP, E46 M3
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2021, 07:19 AM   #73
modat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 IOMG M3 Xdrive

Quote:
Hmm odd. yeah I did check that and it doesn't say anything other than AG standard wheel and tire. Not sure what that means. It looks correct in the picture though.
Your dealer may have entered in the wrong wheels during the order. I would call them to confirm and get a print out of your Build sheet.
Appreciate 1
      11-09-2021, 08:05 AM   #74
modat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Build 38 orders are being delivered this week. By my calculations we should be taking delivery end of Jan, beginning of Feb.

The wait is going to be brutal.
Appreciate 2
RockinPA4848.00
      11-09-2021, 08:13 AM   #75
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Build 38 orders are being delivered this week. By my calculations we should be taking delivery end of Jan, beginning of Feb.

The wait is going to be brutal.
Yep. Exactly. For the west coast that sounds right. East coast, a bit sooner. Let's just hope we stay in 112 (or move to 150) through this week!
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2021, 08:14 AM   #76
modat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinPA View Post
Yep. Exactly. For the west coast that sounds right. East coast, a bit sooner. Let's just hope we stay in 112 (or move to 150) through this week!
I think we have 2-3 more weeks until 150
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2021, 08:23 AM   #77
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
I think we have 2-3 more weeks until 150
Correct. Agreed. Can't wait! Gonna celebrate whenever that happens with another parts order. Lol.

Next up - R44 carbon fiber side skirts.

https://r44performance.com/products/...rt-for-g80-g82

Did you pick up anything yet?
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2021, 08:27 AM   #78
modat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Correct. Agreed. Can't wait! Gonna celebrate whenever that happens with another parts order. Lol.

I have some stuff from my RWD when I sold it- Floor mats, Plate mount, ect.

Looking to buy bolster protectors for the CF seats- Can't find any but, I might get some custom ones done.

Going to PPF the front this time around. I had rock chips on my RWD and it drove me nuts.

other than that I am going to keep the care pretty much stock.
Appreciate 1
RockinPA4848.00
      11-09-2021, 08:41 AM   #79
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

I have some stuff from my RWD when I sold it- Floor mats, Plate mount, ect.

Looking to buy bolster protectors for the CF seats- Can't find any but, I might get some custom ones done.

Going to PPF the front this time around. I had rock chips on my RWD and it drove me nuts.

other than that I am going to keep the care pretty much stock.

Nice. Yeah, highly recommend PPF and ceramic coating.

I'm going to have my whole car done whenever it arrives. That's going to be the hardest time to wait. It'll be at a shop down the street from my house but won't be able to drive it… haha.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2021, 11:37 AM   #80
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Ice Cream Truck

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
Get this guys. And I dont know if this is old news. So forgive me if it is. But a good friend of mine at BMW said the number one cause of car delays right now is the laser lights.

Anyone else heard that?
      11-09-2021, 11:50 AM   #81
modat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Get this guys. And I dont know if this is old news. So forgive me if it is. But a good friend of mine at BMW said the number one cause of car delays right now is the laser lights.

Anyone else heard that?
Oh I believe it. but, it also changes on a weekly basis it looks like. First laser lights, then ram, then something else, then carbon buckets, then laser lights...it goes on and on...
Appreciate 1
BIGW0RM3012.50
      11-09-2021, 05:28 PM   #82
ChargerHellcat
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp Xdrive FDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhsanU View Post
Quote:
This is a stupid question, I keep on hearing people calling the genius. Is there a number you can just call and give the production number and they can tell what's going on with your build. When I originally submitted my build after securing the allocation. It was week 48 then my SA told me week 50. It hasn't moved in the tracking at all, no updates or anything in two full weeks.

When you call, just wait until for the automated message to tell you to hit 0 and hit 0. You have to go through a few "menus" but hit 0 each time until it directs you to a live person. Just tell the genius that you'd like for them to track your car and tell you if they have any information for you, and that you have a production number. Give it to 'em, and they'll tell you exactly what's going on. They can be pretty insightful.

Quote:
I am tempted to just pay a 5-10K ADM for one I can get this week from a dealer holding one hostage. Pisses me off they are charging that much. But I want my car now and what other choices do I have. I either wait and probably get pushed out another time or two. Or pay to play now. Sigh.
This is a tough decision given your situation. How different is the car that's on the lot vs. the one you've ordered? If it's relatively similar or you're not too picky about the finishes/interior/options, then I'd say go for it. I'd assess your "must have" options and if the car on the lot has it, why not take it? Depending on your financial situation, you can always make back 5-10k, but time is something you'll never get back.

Something else to consider: will you be driving the car over the winter? Your location says the OC, but if you're located elsewhere and if you plan on barely driving it (or not at all), then consider waiting for your desired car. No point in paying way over sticker on a car that's just going sit over the next few months when you could've held out a bit and gotten exactly what you wanted to begin with.

There's no right or wrong answer, just personal feelings and anecdotes. I could've nabbed a 2021 G80 M3 in IOMG on black interior for $4k above sticker + $2k shipping, but I decided to order my exact desired spec with individual paint and just live with my Model Y for now. My Tesla will be traded in for roughly the same amount (since I don't drive often) and I don't have to worry about salt on the roads, getting winter tyres for the northeast winter, etc. for the G80 M3 that I really didn't want to begin with.
I'm not sure if I should of called. When I ordered my car it was scheduled for week 48, then dealer told me week 50. I called the genius and they're telling me week 5….looks like I'll be lucky to get it in the spring.
2012 - Charger SRT 392 - Sold
2009 - Charger SRT 6.1 - Sold
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2021, 05:44 PM   #83
modat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

I'm not sure if I should of called. When I ordered my call it was scheduled for week 48, then dealer told me week 50. I called the genius and they're telling me week 5….looks like I'll be lucky to get it in the spring.
Ugh. Sorry man. What's your spec?
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2021, 05:46 PM   #84
ChargerHellcat
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

I'm not sure if I should of called. When I ordered my call it was scheduled for week 48, then dealer told me week 50. I called the genius and they're telling me week 5….looks like I'll be lucky to get it in the spring.
Frozen dark grey
KO in full leather
Red calipers with 826 gloss black
Executive package
Laser lights
Interior carbon fiber pack
Exterior carbon fiber pack
Professional package
Parking assistance package.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2021, 06:04 PM   #85
modat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Frozen dark grey
KO in full leather
Executive package
Laser lights
Professional package
That's brutal dude, I'm sorry.

Must have been the frozen paint which pushed you

What's your order status? Scheduled production or order received?
Appreciate 1
      11-09-2021, 07:47 PM   #86
ChargerHellcat
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Frozen dark grey
KO in full leather
Executive package
Laser lights
Professional package
That's brutal dude, I'm sorry.

Must have been the frozen paint which pushed you

What's your order status? Scheduled production or order received?
Order received. I called today because it's been two weeks since the order was submitted and it's still just saying order received. I was told it would take an additional month for individual color, this seems a little bit longer.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2021, 08:32 PM   #87
Rotate
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY M4 6SPD, 2014 Viper

Modat, thanks again for tipping me off to the allocation. Since we're both week 50 from the same dealer and both IOMG our m3 and m4 should make for a pretty good photoshoot if they show up together.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2021, 08:57 PM   #88
modat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotate View Post
Modat, thanks again for tipping me off to the allocation. Since we're both week 50 from the same dealer and both IOMG our m3 and m4 should make for a pretty good photoshoot if they show up together.
Oh man I'm so happy it worked out for you. Hopefully we get to meet!

What is your complete spec?
Appreciate 0