BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

11-24-2021, 01:30 PM   #67
Bch53211
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Garage List
2015 M4  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VancityG82 View Post
Update: my car was stuck in QC for 6 weeks and then it changed to status 198 aka in Vessel coming to NA status 3 weeks ago. However, its actually stuck in Germany for past 3 weeks still waiting for the stop sales to be fixed. So during 6 weeks of QC stop sales were not fixed and now I am wondering why the car was stuck in 6 weeks in QC. Also this car probably holds the record in this entire G80/G82 forum of how long the car was stuck in Germany after build completion which is almost 10 weeks and counting.

What a total disaster how BMW is managing this order system. I just got a call from SA that although my car has changed its status to 198 “in vessel” stage 3 weeks ago, its actually in 193 stage stuck in Germany port waiting for 2 stop sales to be fixed. How is this even possible? They updated the system to 198 but its actually still in germany stuck at 193 stage.

This car was supposed to be a Week 31 build (early Aug) but the earliest time I might be able to get my hands on is prob Feb 2022. I am seriously considering to cancel the order and look for sth else in stock. Getting sick of this bullshit I have to go through. Status change 198 but actually its in 193? Come on I endured 6 weeks of QC and now you throw this unprofessional and unacceptable dumpster one me?
I’ve decided that after this lease is up I will be leasing/purchasing something other than a BMW. It’s too late to go back now as I’ve invested months and months in this process and also purchased a set of winter wheels and tires. I understand this situation is not unique to BMW but their complete lack of disregard for their customers and keeping them informed is unacceptable to me. I’ve been a loyal customer and this is my 3rd M car. I am going to give another manufacturer the chance to earn and retain me as a customer in the future.

Last edited by Bch53211; 11-24-2021 at 01:36 PM..
Appreciate 1
      11-24-2021, 01:33 PM   #68
TheGriffindor
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M4 Competition XDrive

Quote:
Update: my car was stuck in QC for 6 weeks and then it changed to status 198 aka in Vessel coming to NA status 3 weeks ago. However, its actually stuck in Germany for past 3 weeks still waiting for the stop sales to be fixed. So during 6 weeks of QC stop sales were not fixed and now I am wondering why the car was stuck in 6 weeks in QC. Also this car probably holds the record in this entire G80/G82 forum of how long the car was stuck in Germany after build completion which is almost 10 weeks and counting.

What a total disaster how BMW is managing this order system. I just got a call from SA that although my car has changed its status to 198 “in vessel” stage 3 weeks ago, its actually in 193 stage stuck in Germany port waiting for 2 stop sales to be fixed. How is this even possible? They updated the system to 198 but its actually still in germany stuck at 193 stage.

This car was supposed to be a Week 31 build (early Aug) but the earliest time I might be able to get my hands on is prob Feb 2022. I am seriously considering to cancel the order and look for sth else in stock. Getting sick of this bullshit I have to go through. Status change 198 but actually its in 193? Come on I endured 6 weeks of QC and now you throw this unprofessional and unacceptable dumpster one me?

Wow man that’s so shitty. I have been experiencing the same issues in terms of the relay of communication between my SA, BMW Genius and anyone else related to the customer service side. Nobody during any time has known what’s happening. Genius even basically made up a story for me telling me the car was ready at the port but it actually isn’t and is still in QC where it has been for 1 month now. I get there’s supply chain delays and stuff they can’t control but customer satisfaction and communication is something they can control and its really unacceptable for yourself and i who spent money on a car like this but shit treatment and made up excuses.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 01:52 PM   #69
Bch53211
Major
Rep

Garage List
2015 M4  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
Ha funny (sort of) story, not sure if I should laugh or cry. Just as I had finished my last post I got a call from BMW (I had requested an escalation of my case). The representative said I have good news there have been multiple updates on your car today your car was shipped on November 10 and is due to arrive at the Baltimore port on November 26. I said wow that’s great can you tell me the name of the transport ship? She said please hold and then I heard her say “ohhhh, I am very sorry my system must’ve re-populated with the previous inquiry, yours is still in quality check”. One of the biggest buzz kills I’ve ever experienced. I am sure that car she was looking at that is due to arrive Friday was ordered weeks if not months after mine.
Appreciate 1
'Cane8456.00
      11-24-2021, 02:56 PM   #70
ggrrrrrr
Private
Rep
Drives: F80M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bch53211 View Post
Ha funny (sort of) story, not sure if I should laugh or cry. Just as I had finished my last post I got a call from BMW (I had requested an escalation of my case). The representative said I have good news there have been multiple updates on your car today your car was shipped on November 10 and is due to arrive at the Baltimore port on November 26. I said wow that’s great can you tell me the name of the transport ship? She said please hold and then I heard her say “ohhhh, I am very sorry my system must’ve re-populated with the previous inquiry, yours is still in quality check”. One of the biggest buzz kills I’ve ever experienced. I am sure that car she was looking at that is due to arrive Friday was ordered weeks if not months after mine.

Wow, I'm crying for you! I'd be so pissed. I'm also certain the car that's arriving was build long after ours.

I'm still in QC and no update from dealer. My escalation rep finally called me back yesterday after I called him, emailed him and asked the Genius to send him a message. Amazing, he has no information for me since the start of our case on 11/2. I asked him what he had done and he has left messages with the dealer... I nearly lost it at that point.

There is no escalation or anything to be done through the Genius or customer service. I want the name and number of your rep if she gets you any information, I'll demand they transfer my case!
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 03:00 PM   #71
ggrrrrrr
Private
Rep

Quote:

This is the worst thing I've read on these threads. How can they not get you information? We've now seen they can tell us why a car is in QC, but they should be able to tell where it is. Please keep us posted.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 04:17 PM   #72
2 SLOW
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 Competition xDrive

Quote:

You gotta laugh that one off, crazy!
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2021, 10:13 AM   #73
Bch53211
Major
Rep

Garage List
2015 M4  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
After 7+ weeks in QC find it finally flipped to awaiting carrier assignment
Appreciate 4
'Cane8456.00
chicagofan0019039.50
02M3ForMe4255.50
mjbernatz209.00
      11-26-2021, 10:15 AM   #74
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Nice! A Black Friday miracle.
Appreciate 1
jwt2440180.00
      11-26-2021, 10:24 AM   #75
Bch53211
Major
Rep

Garage List
2015 M4  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
I’ll take it. Recall tool still shows “open” status for retrofitting RAM though. No clue why it got stuck so long I’ve been told all along that’s why it’s been held up.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2021, 12:06 PM   #76
VN9995
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Convertible and BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGriffindor View Post
Quote:

Wow man that’s so shitty. I have been experiencing the same issues in terms of the relay of communication between my SA, BMW Genius and anyone else related to the customer service side. Nobody during any time has known what’s happening. Genius even basically made up a story for me telling me the car was ready at the port but it actually isn’t and is still in QC where it has been for 1 month now. I get there’s supply chain delays and stuff they can’t control but customer satisfaction and communication is something they can control and its really unacceptable for yourself and i who spent money on a car like this but shit treatment and made up excuses.
I'm in the same frustrating situation. September 14th build and still stuck in 155 QC for 10 weeks. I will be lucky to get it by February and am extremely frustrated. G83, Tanzenite Blue with Kyalami orange carbon bucket seats, carbon exterior pack and fully loaded with every option except Carbon ceramic brakes.
Australia.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2021, 04:29 PM   #77
TheGriffindor
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M4 Competition XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by VN9995 View Post
I'm in the same frustrating situation. September 14th build and still stuck in 155 QC for 10 weeks. I will be lucky to get it by February and am extremely frustrated. G83, Tanzenite Blue with Kyalami orange carbon bucket seats, carbon exterior pack and fully loaded with every option except Carbon ceramic brakes.
Australia.
Hey man. I ordered a day before you and I am still in QC. Nobody at BMW even knows where the car is right now actually. I just spoke with my SA today and they don’t know anything about it’s status, neither does genius. Who knows the car could be in the ocean and they wouldn’t know. We have similar builds and mines coming through NYC. I have been reading on other threads that people that ordered the same day or so as us are getting delivery next week. It’s bullshit
Appreciate 1
VN999575.00
      11-26-2021, 05:17 PM   #78
bruce911_
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4

Quote:
Hey man. I ordered a day before you and I am still in QC. Nobody at BMW even knows where the car is right now actually. I just spoke with my SA today and they don’t know anything about it’s status, neither does genius. Who knows the car could be in the ocean and they wouldn’t know. We have similar builds and mines coming through NYC. I have been reading on other threads that people that ordered the same day or so as us are getting delivery next week. It’s bullshit
It’s the M4’s that are being held up and not moving on from QC. I understand there is a chip shortage but why are the M3’s moving on and not the M4’s. Would be interested in knowing the reason.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2021, 05:30 PM   #79
DCG82
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BWM M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce911_ View Post
It’s the M4’s that are being held up and not moving on from QC. I understand there is a chip shortage but why are the M3’s moving on and not the M4’s. Would be interested in knowing the reason.
I’m guessing but I think the M3s have the same stops but are being held at VDC for fixes and M4s at the plant in QC for fixes. There seems to be some exceptions over the past couple of months but from weeks 43 on, most, if not all, M4s seem stuck in QC. The only thing that sort of makes sense is comparing your model, in your market to get a handle of where you stand.

I have a G82 build headed for the east coast in the US. Week 47 in QC. If shutdowns or any other unforeseen issues don’t pop up, I think I am two months from delivery. Hopefully some M4s will get released from QC hell soon so we can make some sense of this crap.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2021, 05:56 PM   #80
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCG82 View Post
Quote:
I’m guessing but I think the M3s have the same stops but are being held at VDC for fixes and M4s at the plant in QC for fixes. There seems to be some exceptions over the past couple of months but from weeks 43 on, most, if not all, M4s seem stuck in QC. The only thing that sort of makes sense is comparing your model, in your market to get a handle of where you stand.

I have a G82 build headed for the east coast in the US. Week 47 in QC. If shutdowns or any other unforeseen issues don’t pop up, I think I am two months from delivery. Hopefully some M4s will get released from QC hell soon so we can make some sense of this crap.
Maybe, hopefully, but my week 45 G82 has been in QC for over two weeks now, so who knows how long it's going to be there.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2021, 11:36 PM   #81
Shinzzze
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Quote:
Hey man. I ordered a day before you and I am still in QC. Nobody at BMW even knows where the car is right now actually. I just spoke with my SA today and they don't know anything about it's status, neither does genius. Who knows the car could be in the ocean and they wouldn't know. We have similar builds and mines coming through NYC. I have been reading on other threads that people that ordered the same day or so as us are getting delivery next week. It's bullshit
It's the M4's that are being held up and not moving on from QC. I understand there is a chip shortage but why are the M3's moving on and not the M4's. Would be interested in knowing the reason.
Different factories. There must be something going on at the M4 Dingolfing plant
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2021, 06:39 AM   #82
Sinjen
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Grigio Telesto '22 M4CX

I have a week 39 G82x that was stuck in QC for a month. It's allegedly one of the "RAM fixed at the factory" cars. It lands in NJ tomorrow (allegedly) and it will be interesting to see if the RAM stop sale flips to closed when it lands.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2021, 09:32 AM   #83
ggrrrrrr
Private
Rep

Quote:
Nice! I just moved to "Dispatched From Factory". RAM still open. Fingers crossed.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2021, 09:03 PM   #84
VN9995
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Convertible and BMW X7

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VN9995 View Post
Australia.
If you do get an update please let me know! I'll watch the thread! I have asked for it to be escalated to BMW AU - but we all know nothing will really happen. Other M4 convertibles built at the same time as mine (Sept '21) are now being delivered here in AU. My only thought is because of the number of options - but it's really crap and frustrating. If anyone has any insight if more move past QC please shout out. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2021, 10:35 PM   #85
VancityG82
Private
Rep
Drives: 22’ BG M4 xDrive

Thread starter here. I have to cancel my 2022 M4 Comp xDrive order with IOMG ext and KO interior coming to Vancouver in about 1-2 months. Something came up and I cannot wait for 1-2 months again for initially build week 31 car. If anyone wants or knows someone thats looking for new M4 in Vancouver region send me a PM.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 01:25 PM   #86
Sinjen
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Grigio Telesto '22 M4CX

Quote:
Thread starter here. I have to cancel my 2022 M4 Comp xDrive order with IOMG ext and KO interior coming to Vancouver in about 1-2 months. Something came up and I cannot wait for 1-2 months again for initially build week 31 car. If anyone wants or knows someone thats looking for new M4 in Vancouver region send me a PM.
That fucking sucks, man. Sorry to hear. As another updated data point, my car hit VPC this AM and the RAM is still open. I think those of us who were told by CA's with supporting emails from BMW Corp that our cars were being fixed at the factory were not given correct info, at best.

I called Genius and verified the work order is open. She actually told me she had seen cars with the stop sale open, but the work order closed before shipping...which supports the theory that the stop sales are closed at VPC, but with the WO open, no work has been done at all obviously.

Now on to waiting some more.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 02:51 PM   #87
2 SLOW
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 Competition xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggrrrrrr View Post
Nice! I just moved to "Dispatched From Factory". RAM still open. Fingers crossed.
Same, dispatched from factory 11/22.

RAM is still open in the recall checker tool.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 10:27 PM   #88
ggrrrrrr
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 SLOW View Post
Same, dispatched from factory 11/22.

RAM is still open in the recall checker tool.
I'm at the port and have been for a week as of today. RAM still open. Still nice to be out of QC and away from the factory but hopeful to be on a boat soon.
Appreciate 0