BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

11-12-2021, 12:08 PM   #1
435toM3
Rep
Drives: Bmw 435

G80 M3 XDrive ordered but haven't got production number

Hi. Guys. First time posting here, Here's the story. I called in to get an M3 allocation. The sales told me he got an November allocation slot. So I went there and put my deposit down, I triple checked with him try to make sure he really have an allocation, not just try to get my deposit and let me wait for months . I even asked him to see if he can put a side note down on the contract saying if I don't get an allocation in a week. I can get my deposit back . He refused after talked to his manager, told me "they don't do things that way here , and I can go somewhere else to shop if I don't trust them." So I put my deposit down and then haven't get any "vehicle inquiry report " or "production number " updates for 3 days . Did I get tricked ? The sales also told me with the " November allocation " I would still be expecting to wait for 4-6 months . But my buddy (same area,different dealership) ordered one back in august and only waited two months. Thanks for any input and thoughts.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2021, 12:34 PM   #2
jimbethesda
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 (F80)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 435toM3 View Post
Hi. Guys. First time posting here, Here's the story. I called in to get an M3 allocation. The sales told me he got an November allocation slot. So I went there and put my deposit down, I triple checked with him try to make sure he really have an allocation, not just try to get my deposit and let me wait for months . I even asked him to see if he can put a side note down on the contract saying if I don't get an allocation in a week. I can get my deposit back . He refused after talked to his manager, told me "they don't do things that way here , and I can go somewhere else to shop if I don't trust them." So I put my deposit down and then haven't get any "vehicle inquiry report " or "production number " updates for 3 days . Did I get tricked ? The sales also told me with the " November allocation " I would still be expecting to wait for 4-6 months . But my buddy (same area,different dealership) ordered one back in august and only waited two months. Thanks for any input and thoughts.
Sounds like you got tricked.
2015 M3 (sold)
2022 G83
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2021, 12:49 PM   #3
raywai2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
They don’t have an allocation. November allocations refer to allocations with build weeks in November which were all distributed in early October. They might be saying that they will have a January allocation coming this month but they can’t be sure about that. I would talk to other dealerships now to get lined up for January and February allocations. Get clarification from this dealership about their “allocation”, ask for a refund if they are giving you runaround.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2021, 12:50 PM   #4
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
Yeah, sounds like they don’t have an allocation for you. Go back in and tell them to either give you a production number, proof of allocation, or your money back, and if they do none of the three, get an attorney involved.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2021, 01:18 PM   #5
merlin3008
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp xDrive

The posters above have nailed it. The dealer obviously does not have an allocation for you. If they did, you'd have a production number in your hands right now. I don't have anything to add to this conversation other than my personal opinion which is that I would get my deposit back right away. I like getting a good deal on purchases, but I value good and trustworthy relationships more. This dealership obviously doesn't mind being deceitful. What's stopping them from taking advantage of you in other ways down the road? I'd be shopping around before the end of the day.
2016 M235i xdrive, Alpine White, Terra Leather, Orbit Gray Wheels (Sold)
Appreciate 1
adr_M3368.50
      11-12-2021, 02:32 PM   #6
jimbethesda
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 (F80)

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin3008 View Post
The posters above have nailed it. The dealer obviously does not have an allocation for you. If they did, you'd have a production number in your hands right now. I don't have anything to add to this conversation other than my personal opinion which is that I would get my deposit back right away. I like getting a good deal on purchases, but I value good and trustworthy relationships more. This dealership obviously doesn't mind being deceitful. What's stopping them from taking advantage of you in other ways down the road? I'd be shopping around before the end of the day.
This.
2015 M3 (sold)
2022 G83
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2021, 02:41 PM   #7
modat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 IOMG M3 Xdrive

Did you put your deposit down via credit card? I would just call your credit card company and do a charge back.
Appreciate 2
      11-12-2021, 04:31 PM   #8
M_Adaptive
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, 2022 G82 M4 AWD

Quote:
Sounds like this dealership could care less whether they have your business or not. I personally would not want to do business with this type of dealership but it some parts they aren’t wrong. You asking for a clause in the contract stating you will receive a refund if the dealership doesn’t have allocation in a week is ridiculous. There’s people who put deposits down just to be on a waitlist for allocation. No dealer can keep your deposit, they are all refundable. You can either get your deposit back, go to another dealership and wait 6-9 months for a car or hold on to this possible allocation and wait 4-6 months from receiving a production #.

Also there is no way your friend waited only two months from ordering to delivery with all the stop sales, shippings delays and halts in production.
2022 G82 M4C Xdrive
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2021, 04:43 PM   #9
merlin3008
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Adaptive View Post
You asking for a clause in the contract stating you will receive a refund if the dealership doesn’t have allocation in a week is ridiculous.
I'm not sure I fully agree with this. Yes, it is atypical. But in this case, the SA told the OP that they had an allocation for him. The poster just called their bluff by telling them to write it down. The manager being unwilling to put in writing what their salesperson represented verbally would have told me something was up right away.
2016 M235i xdrive, Alpine White, Terra Leather, Orbit Gray Wheels (Sold)
Appreciate 4
'Cane8481.50
435toM321.00
kjx3189.50
      12-02-2021, 05:56 AM   #10
lolo-comp
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X4MC

435toM3: You sent me a PM but you are too new to get a reply. I need your email address to send you the sticker. Dealer is not far from MD.
Appreciate 0