BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

Today, 01:06 PM   #1
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

F1 2024: US GP - Miami (May 5)

Schedule:
https://www.formula1.com/en/racing/2024/Miami.html
This is a sprint race weekend.

Miami International Autodrome

Quote:
Miami
When was the track built?

Having made its F1 debut in May 2022, the Miami International Autodrome is a temporary circuit, but one designed to have a permanent feel. Set in the Hard Rock Stadium complex in Miami Gardens, home to the NFL’s famous Miami Dolphins franchise, the track is the culmination of a development process that simulated no less than 36 different layouts before settling on a thrilling, 19-turn lap that provides a street circuit vibe, not dissimilar to Melbourne’s Albert Park.
When was its first Grand Prix?

The inaugural Miami Grand Prix took place in 2022, the Florida race joining its Texan counterpart in Austin to become the second US race on the calendar – and the 11th different American venue to host a round of the Formula 1 world championship.
What's the circuit like?

A street-track spectacular. With the Hard Rock Stadium at its epicentre, the 5.41km layout features 19 corners, three straights, three DRS zones, and top speeds of over 340km/h. There are elevation changes too, the main one found between Turns 13 and 16, with the track heading over an exit ramp and under various flyovers across uneven ground. The Turn 14-15 chicane, meanwhile, has an uphill approach, with a crest in the middle, and then drops down on exit.
Why go?

The Hard Rock Stadium knows how to put on a show – it has hosted six Super Bowls, two Baseball World Series and numerous rock concerts. Put it at the heart of a track designed to encourage close racing while meeting the highest safety standards and you have a sure-fire winner for spectators. Then there’s Miami itself – famed for its sandy beaches, art deco vibe, vibrant multiculturalism and rich sporting heritage, it’s an essential destination for those visiting the Sunshine State.
Where is the best place to watch?

When viewing a sporting event in a purpose-built stadium, it’s hard to go wrong. In fact, you could walk around the top deck of the Hard Rock Stadium and see every corner of the track – pretty unique. As for the best passing spots, a seat near Turns 1, 11 or 17 should put you in the thick of the action.
2023 Race Highlights:

2023 Thread:
https://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2013721

2023 Lollipop men race highlights:
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 3
      Today, 01:13 PM   #2
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post

Schedule:
https://www.formula1.com/en/racing/2024/Miami.html
This is a sprint race weekend.

Miami International Autodrome
Thank you for posting as usual . Great job my friend !
Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
GuidoK10866.00
M5Rick60142.00
      Today, 01:13 PM   #3
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

So what are your predictions?
Last year Max gave an absolute masterclass F1 driving lessons of course.
Max failed to set a banker lap in Q3 because he went wide (one of Max' few mistakes), and then of course LEC caused that famous red flag, leaving Max with no time in Q3 so he had to start 9th.
But what happened in the race was pure brilliance. Max showed with what ease he could overtake everyone, even being on hard tyres whereas everyone else was on medium tyres, it was brilliance in the making. Max only needed 15 laps to overtake everyone but PER. RB decided to pit PER early to save face and spare him a fight with Max. PER didn't manage to drive away from the rest of the field.
This year, I think the Miami circuit will also benefit the RB's with it's long straight.

My prediction:
1. VER
2. PER
3. LEC
4. NOR
5. SAI
6. ALO
7. PIA
8. HAM
9. HULK
10. RUS
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 2
M5Rick60142.00
      Today, 01:22 PM   #4
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
So what are your predictions?
Last year Max gave an absolute masterclass F1 driving lessons of course.
Max failed to set a banker lap in Q3 because he went wide (one of Max' few mistakes), and then of course LEC caused that famous red flag, leaving Max with no time in Q3 so he had to start 9th.
But what happened in the race was pure brilliance. Max showed with what ease he could overtake everyone, even being on hard tyres whereas everyone else was on medium tyres, it was brilliance in the making. Max only needed 15 laps to overtake everyone but PER. RB decided to pit PER early to save face and spare him a fight with Max. PER didn't manage to drive away from the rest of the field.
This year, I think the Miami circuit will also benefit the RB's with it's long straight.

My prediction:
1. VER
2. SAI
3. LEC
4. NOR
5. PER
6. ALO
7. PIA
8. HAM
9. HULK
10. RUS
FTFY

I mean : A Ferrari 'dog fight for P2 !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick60142.00
GuidoK10866.00
      Today, 02:00 PM   #5
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

1. VER, 2.PER and 3 will be Chas or Carlo.
Appreciate 2
GuidoK10866.00
      Today, 03:25 PM   #6
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Thank you for posting as usual . Great job my friend !
I sense win 59 coming MAX's way.
Appreciate 0