BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

05-28-2021, 06:01 PM   #1
kayt69
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23' 330e

Garage List
2024 G01 X3M  [0.00]
Chances my order will be bumped to MY22?

So, My CA said he has one slot for the M3C at 112 status and gave me cutoff date till tomorrow end of day. Also, there is a $2500 deposit for the order, and he was not 100% sure if it will be refundable.

Apart from the deposit, what are the chances for my build to be bumped to 2022? Does ordering any individual color give me a chance at this build to be auto bumped for 2022 allocation, or would they just deny my request to change? (Assuming if any build submitted now will go through approval/ deny process).

Please enlighten me on the details, as this is going to be my first custom order BMW. I want to experience the feel of it, and also really dont want to get 2021 build at this last minute.

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2021, 06:29 PM   #2
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X5 M60i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayt69 View Post
So, My CA said he has one slot for the M3C at 112 status and gave me cutoff date till tomorrow end of day. Also, there is a $2500 deposit for the order, and he was not 100% sure if it will be refundable.

Apart from the deposit, what are the chances for my build to be bumped to 2022? Does ordering any individual color give me a chance at this build to be auto bumped for 2022 allocation, or would they just deny my request to change? (Assuming if any build submitted now will go through approval/ deny process).

Please enlighten me on the details, as this is going to be my first custom order BMW. I want to experience the feel of it, and also really dont want to get 2021 build at this last minute.

Thanks in advance!
Your deposit should almost certainly be refundable unless local laws state otherwise. Just put it on a credit charge and just dispute the charge if they try to give you a hard time about a refund.

If it's in 112 status now, it's possible it can change to 150 any day now and then can no longer be modified. All depends upon what build week it is slated for, which the dealership should be able to tell you. My guess is it's soon if they are asking you to let them know by tomorrow.

Since it's still in 112 status you can submit for an individual color but if it switches to 150 status while waiting for approval on the color from BMW you would be out of luck on that specific allocation. If it doesn't switch and the individual color is approved for that allocation it would definitely get bumped to a 2022 model.

Current - 2024 G05 X5 ///M60i in Java Green
Past - 2005 E53 X5 3.0i in Titanium Silver; 2008 E92 335i in Montego Blue; 2019 G01 X3 M40i in Glacier Silver; 2022 G80 M3 Competition in Twilight Purple
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2021, 11:38 PM   #3
kayt69
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2024 G01 X3M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagofan00 View Post
Quote:

Thanks in advance!
Your deposit should almost certainly be refundable unless local laws state otherwise. Just put it on a credit charge and just dispute the charge if they try to give you a hard time about a refund.

If it's in 112 status now, it's possible it can change to 150 any day now and then can no longer be modified. All depends upon what build week it is slated for, which the dealership should be able to tell you. My guess is it's soon if they are asking you to let them know by tomorrow.

Since it's still in 112 status you can submit for an individual color but if it switches to 150 status while waiting for approval on the color from BMW you would be out of luck on that specific allocation. If it doesn't switch and the individual color is approved for that allocation it would definitely get bumped to a 2022 model.
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the reply, but do you know what are the odds at this stage? I would like it to be bumped to 2022.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2021, 12:44 AM   #4
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X5 M60i  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks in advance!

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the reply, but do you know what are the odds at this stage? I would like it to be bumped to 2022.
Honestly way too many factors at play to give a good answer.

Most people don't seem to be getting delayed on production dates, some cases here and there because of part/chip shortages but doesn't seem to be happening on a wide scale.

My guess would be that if it is at 112 and scheduled to go into 150 sometime in June, it will make it and be a 2021 model.

Current - 2024 G05 X5 ///M60i in Java Green
Past - 2005 E53 X5 3.0i in Titanium Silver; 2008 E92 335i in Montego Blue; 2019 G01 X3 M40i in Glacier Silver; 2022 G80 M3 Competition in Twilight Purple
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2021, 01:49 AM   #5
kayt69
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2024 G01 X3M  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks in advance!

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks in advance!

Most people don't seem to be getting delayed on production dates, some cases here and there because of part/chip shortages but doesn't seem to be happening on a wide scale.

My guess would be that if it is at 112 and scheduled to go into 150 sometime in June, it will make it and be a 2021 model.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks in advance!

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks in advance!

Alright, thanks mate! I guess ill pass, and keep myself in line for a 22 model.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2021, 05:54 PM   #6
calbears
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 CS,2017 F87 LBB M2

Garage List
2011 M3  [10.00]
2017 M2  [10.00]
2018 M3 CS  [10.00]
Quote:

Individual color wouldn't be approved. It's too late. Pass on this (you won't get bumped) and just wait for a 2022 model allocation that will accept an individual order.
Past: E90 328i, F10 535i, F80 M3 (murdered)
Appreciate 0