12-04-2023, 10:54 AM   #23
geko29
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdr955 View Post
C8 Z51s are delivered with AS
This is not correct. NON-Z51s come with AS tires (Pilot Sport AS4s to be specific), RPO code XFN:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2024 Corvette Order Guide
XFN Tires, 245/35ZR19 front and 305/30ZR20 rear,
blackwall, all-season, performance
However, once you add the Z51 package, RPO code XFQ is automatically added, which are Pilot Sport 4S:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2024 Corvette Order Guide
XFQ Tires, 245/35ZR19 front and 305/30ZR20 rear,
blackwall, high performance
1 - Included and only available with (Z51) Z51 Performance
Package.
it is not possible to get a base Stingray from the factory with summer tires, nor is it possible to get a Z51 from the factory with All-seasons.

The full order guide is here

Appreciate 0
      12-04-2023, 11:08 AM   #24
geko29
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterpiz View Post
Appreciate the insight. I don’t want a dedicated winter set because I rarely drive in bad conditions. I think All seasons are just fine for my use case of driving in sub 45 degree weather where my summer set would be rock hard. Anything snowy or icy I wouldn’t take my car out regardless.

Now in the spring / summer / fall I also retain the option of keeping my all seasons on if they perform how I’d like to.

Thanks
This is where I'm at. I'm a huge believer in winter tires, and ran them for the past 12+ years on my E90, which was my daily, and is now my son's. Just bought him a new set of Blizzaks in September. My wife's Q7 has also had a set since about 3 months after we purchased it in the fall of 2017.

But I haven't commuted to the office without getting on a plane since March of 2020, so I'm no longer committed to driving in poor conditions on a daily basis. If the roads are bad, I can just stay home most of the time. If there's a good reason I need to go out, chances are one of the two cars equipped with winter tires is sitting in the driveway and available for use. If not, then I can either delay if possible, or make that calculated risk for that rare edge case.

In exchange for that, I get tires that perform well on the vast majority of clear, but potentially cold, days between November and March/April when it's not safe to have my summers on.

If I was still commuting daily? Hell yeah PA5s without question. But I'm pretty happy with my PS AS4s so far, and the DWS06 were also in my consideration set.

Appreciate 0
      12-04-2023, 11:36 AM   #25
mdr955
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by geko29 View Post
it is not possible to get a base Stingray from the factory with summer tires, nor is it possible to get a Z51 from the factory with All-seasons.

The full order guide is here

My bad I meant stingray. but bottom line is in testing it was close enough to a true summer to meet the cars power and cornering grip needed - which is enough for me on the road as well. I’ve got a set of the UHP all seasons on my C7 Z06 and it’s been great so far. Planning for a set on my G82 when it arrives next month.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2023, 05:19 PM   #26
Polo08816
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdr955 View Post
Depends where you live…winters are good if it snows a lot and roads are ice covered but in places where it’s cold and snows but roads are not typically snow covered that much all seasons are more practical. Also where I am personally in New England winters suck in October/November/March/April because there is little or no snow but it’s often in the 30s and dry or 40s and rain and you can’t drive the summers confidently. During the actual winter we have plenty of days that are dry and mid 40s which again suck for true snow tires. The high performance all seasons are great in my opinion. I plan to use them year round.
+1.

I used to drive on studless winter tires on my RWD 335i.

But ever since getting a beater AWD car for the daily commute, it was pointless to have full winter tires on my RWD 335i in the Mid-Atlantic region. Now I have MPSA4 on that car in the winter, MPS4S in the spring, summer, fall, and GY Eagle F1 SC3s for the track.

On dry surfaces even at freezing or slightly below freezing temperatures, a MPSA4 will still out perform a performance winter tire.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2023, 05:26 AM   #27
BSMG82M4
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G82 M4 Competition

Garage List
Currently running BC Forged wheels in the following sizes for front and rear - 20x9.5+6 20x11 +16 and Continental DWS06 plus tires Front:285/30/20 Rear:295/30/20. I don’t have any rub whatsoever but did install the RKP Enhanced Clearance Front Liner Set (see link below) and the KW H.A.S Adjustable Spring Kit.

I’m slowly lowering the car to get the perfect ride height that doesn’t scrape when I pull the car into the garage. But these two mods have eliminated the wheel rub issues.

https://ind-distribution.com/product...xoC7E8QAvD_BwE

https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-1...hoCMMsQAvD_BwE
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-09-2023, 07:40 PM   #28
misterpiz
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolquest View Post
Currently running BC Forged wheels in the following sizes for front and rear - 20x9.5+6 20x11 +16 and Continental DWS06 plus tires Front:285/30/20 Rear:295/30/20. I don’t have any rub whatsoever but did install the RKP Enhanced Clearance Front Liner Set (see link below) and the KW H.A.S Adjustable Spring Kit.

I’m slowly lowering the car to get the perfect ride height that doesn’t scrape when I pull the car into the garage. But these two mods have eliminated the wheel rub issues.

https://ind-distribution.com/product...xoC7E8QAvD_BwE

https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-1...hoCMMsQAvD_BwE

Looks fantastic
Appreciate 0