BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

02-15-2024, 12:04 PM   #1
Bimmer100_
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 G80 M3 6SPD

Garage List
Order issue/situation with NWcarbon Haus...Feedabck needed

Hey all, I ordered the interior vent carbon price from them. Upon delivery I noticed it didn’t fit. I immediately figured it was because of the dash changes in 23. His website makes no mention of this fyi. So I contacted him about a return and his reply is to send it back and they’ll refund me. That’s great right but who’s paying for shipping? According to them I have to and the reason being is that I need to know what I’m ordering and it’s my mistake. What is everyone else’s opinion on this situation? Who is at fault and should pay for return shipping? He says all customers should know what they order and what fits but he does go out of his way to make mention on certain part descriptions to make sure we know parts are different in m3 or m4 variations. The truth is they overlooked this piece in letting the customers know and I’m sure they’ll update their site with that note.

If I’m wrong fine, I’ll accept it. But I’d like to know everyone’s opinion on this. Thanks
      02-15-2024, 12:18 PM   #2
SwankPeRFection
Captain
Rep
Drives: S4

Does the website specifically say which years the piece fits? If no and it’s left up to interpretation, then it’s their fault for that and they should fix it, but a lot of companies do this sort or crap where they don’t pay for shipping charges if the customer returns something, even when it’s the company’s fault. It’s not right, but it’s done. If you really wanna press the matter and if their website is truly incorrect in compatibility listings for the part, then tell them they can email you a prepaid label. These companies pretty much pay almost nothing for shipping their products and raise shipping charges on the customer in return to make more money and offset their partner shipping rates by almost 100%. That said, if the shipping was free and you also made a mistake on your part, pay to return it for a refund (cheapest way back) or try to resell it to someone for cash.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2024, 12:20 PM   #3
Dnshift
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘24 M3 Comp

Garage List
Can you link to the product?
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2024, 12:35 PM   #4
SwankPeRFection
Captain
Rep

If it’s the cover I just found, it flat out says on the product page that it DOES NOT FIT 23 iDrive 8 models. Unless they added this after your fiasco, I’d say the mistake is yours in looking at the details of the listing. Not only that, but the pic of the product installed on a car shows the previous gen dash without the full new screen… again, even if the fit exception text was added after you brought it up to them, the pic was a dead giveaway also. Pay your shipping back and get your refund. It’s the fair thing to do on both parts for mistake you made.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2024, 12:37 PM   #5
viciousmo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G80

It does mention it on their site which may be a recent change.

https://nwcarbonhaus.com/shop/p/driversdashtrim
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-15-2024, 12:48 PM   #6
Berzerker
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer100_ View Post
Hey all, I ordered the interior vent carbon price from them. Upon delivery I noticed it didn’t fit. I immediately figured it was because of the dash changes in 23. His website makes no mention of this fyi. So I contacted him about a return and his reply is to send it back and they’ll refund me. That’s great right but who’s paying for shipping? According to them I have to and the reason being is that I need to know what I’m ordering and it’s my mistake. What is everyone else’s opinion on this situation? Who is at fault and should pay for return shipping? He says all customers should know what they order and what fits but he does go out of his way to make mention on certain part descriptions to make sure we know parts are different in m3 or m4 variations. The truth is they overlooked this piece in letting the customers know and I’m sure they’ll update their site with that note.

If I’m wrong fine, I’ll accept it. But I’d like to know everyone’s opinion on this. Thanks
It has it on the site it's not compatible, I'd say if you legit have proof it didn't say that before you bought it, that's one thing. Otherwise I think you're gonna have to eat the cost here.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2024, 12:59 PM   #7
forcefed
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer100_ View Post
According to them I have to and the reason being is that I need to know what I’m ordering and it’s my mistake.
Sounds about right, even if it didn't specify 23 and up models on the site it's on you to know what you're ordering, if you're not sure then ask them. Take it as lesson learned and move on.
Appreciate 2
mirob3195.00
stormlv935.00
      02-15-2024, 01:48 PM   #8
nosbocaj
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Competition xDrive

Garage List
Doesn't seem like there's much you can do. It's listed on their site. The fact that he's willing to do the return is good customer service. Throw it in a flat rate box and you're out like $12. Not the worst outcome.

I gotta ask though, did you look at your actual car? It was obvious to me as soon as I saw the curved screen...
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2024, 01:50 PM   #9
mirob
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3CX

OP, you ordered the wrong part, you're liable.
Appreciate 3
forcefed2580.00
stormlv935.00
      02-15-2024, 02:03 PM   #10
MEZA@NWCarbonHaus
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BMW G80 M3

Okay, as everyone knows we do our best to have exceptional customer service. But no one/company is perfect.

In OPS defense of many comments. After discussion with marketing we opted to add this to the site for clarification. We accept we should not have assumed photos of the installed product on an idrive8 vehicle would have been clarification enough.

Op originally purchased product. Forgot to use discount code and emailed us asking to reimburse this 10% discount amount. We did not have to do that, but gladly did. This item is not charged shipping, we ship complimentary. Something we do not have to do.

Any and all returns we are not responsible for are stated to be returned with a 20% re-stocking fee. We offered a full refund waiving this charge if simply returned.

We try to be as accommodating as possible. Many can vouch. But if a item is purchased incorrectly it is not us us to cover a return shipping charge.

With the site not originally providing clarification for 23+ idrive8 models, and installed photos on an idrive8 not being clarification enough. We will get the situation handled with the OP. Simply how we do business is not like other companies. 100% satisfaction is guaranteed.
Appreciate 9
wtwo318066.00
mirob3195.00
forcefed2580.00
Lupeskew639.50
Berzerker3047.00
bri10426097.50
      02-15-2024, 02:09 PM   #11
mirob
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEZA@NWCarbonHaus View Post
Okay, as everyone knows we do our best to have exceptional customer service. But no one/company is perfect.

In OPS defense of many comments. After discussion with marketing we opted to add this to the site for clarification. We accept we should not have assumed photos of the installed product on an idrive8 vehicle would have been clarification enough.

Op originally purchased product. Forgot to use discount code and emailed us asking to reimburse this 10% discount amount. We did not have to do that, but gladly did. This item is not charged shipping, we ship complimentary. Something we do not have to do.

Any and all returns we are not responsible for are stated to be returned with a 20% re-stocking fee. We offered a full refund waiving this charge if simply returned.

We try to be as accommodating as possible. Many can vouch. But if a item is purchased incorrectly it is not us us to cover a return shipping charge.

With the site not originally providing clarification for 23+ idrive8 models, and installed photos on an idrive8 not being clarification enough. We will get the situation handled with the OP. Simply how we do business is not like other companies. 100% satisfaction is guaranteed.
Way to go above and beyond. Most businesses would tell him to kick rocks.

For clarification, that part is for an ID7 car.
Appreciate 1
      02-15-2024, 02:12 PM   #12
SwankPeRFection
Captain
Rep

👍
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2024, 02:13 PM   #13
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Honestly just looking at the picture alone it's pretty obvious that's on an iDrive 7 car. And comparing iDrive7 and iDrive8 it's pretty easy to tell the part would be different. If in doubt, always ask.

I think the fact that they're willing to reimburse you without charging you the restocking fee is good faith on their part and already above and beyond what many other vendors would do.

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 5
mirob3195.00
stormlv935.00
smithf802812.00
      02-15-2024, 03:33 PM   #14
Bimmer100_
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 G80 M3 6SPD

Garage List
We handled the situation. I should’ve looked at the pic more clearly and they probably should’ve had the disclaimer as they do now. They’ve been helpful the entire way.