Technical Sections Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

12-23-2023, 04:01 PM   #23
M3rray
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 23 M3Comp Xdrive 18 Audi S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosbocaj View Post
Nah, I see plenty who do it without. There's a post over on the G87 forum with some folks who got rocks through their radiators. It also has an unprotected front end. That scared me into doing the mesh. My installer also has it on his personal G80, so I figured he must know something.

End of the day it's completely up to you. I think it looks better without too, but I'd hate a comprehensive claim on a shot radiator.
That makes sense. I’m going to go without and hope I don’t have issues lol. I did read the g87 and the manual g80 have a different set up as far as the radiator. I am far from a BMW tech but it could explain why the cs and csl have the open grills and no mesh from factory. They have the same radiator set up as the competition models.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2023, 07:43 PM   #24
NicolasB
Not my first rodeo
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M3

IND mesh didn't come close to fitting correctly 😕 Have to do a return, but disappointed because I had the bumper off for the grill and it's now done with no mesh.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-29-2023, 10:13 AM   #25
nosbocaj
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Competition xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicolasB View Post
IND mesh didn't come close to fitting correctly 😕 Have to do a return, but disappointed because I had the bumper off for the grill and it's now done with no mesh.
Oh yeah I see that. Sorry man. I over cut on mine to avoid this, but I still came dangerously close on one corner.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2023, 11:08 AM   #26
forcefed
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicolasB View Post
Wow that's pretty bad for an ind product, i know they'll fix it but still, that shouldn't get out the door at all.
Appreciate 1
NicolasB808.00