Technical Sections Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

08-01-2023, 06:14 PM   #1
BmwFanBoy94
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4CS

EURO Spec M3/4 CS & CSL Yellow DRL coding to US Spec

Hey,

I know there’s a lot of you guys from your side of the pond who have successfully coded anti dazzle and euro spec turn signals for your front and rear lights.

This time it’s the other way round 😄

I want to be able to run my factory yellow DRL’s yellow all the time on my M3 CS. Currently, all euro cars can’t run yellow DRL’s when JUST the DRL’s are on. They’re white instead. They only go yellow when you turn your night lights (high beams) on for when it gets dark outside.

So to put it simply, would coding them to U.S spec be achievable in getting the DRL’s to stay yellow all the time like they do for US CS/CSL owners? Is it the same process as you guys coding in anti dazzle?

And finally, will I still be able to retain euro spec functionality? As in turn signals and anti dazzle stay intact.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2023, 03:02 AM   #2
KKSigs
M4 CSL FBG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 CSL FBG

I’ve been searching for this perfect combination as well but the I dont think the coding gurus like Almaretto have fully figured it out. I have a US spec CSL that has the yellow DRL on all the time but don’t have anti dazzle. As soon as you try to code to full anti dazzle it changes to EU spec. I dont want to go aftermarket DRL. Some have done BimmerCode and have achieved 90-95% for anti dazzle for the US spec but I dont know if there is a solution the other way around. Hopefully this can figure out cause it would be the best of both worlds.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2023, 04:21 PM   #3
olixes
Registered
Rep
Drives: M3CS 2023

This is exactly the question I am asking myself. I don't want to replace the original modules. Is there already a solution?
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2023, 12:05 PM   #4
Aus_M
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

+1 on this if anyone has figured it out
Appreciate 0