home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums USA - Great Lakes

06-21-2023, 03:32 PM   #1
Pistolpet3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G80

MN Spring Install

Hey all, looking to get my AST height adjustable springs installed but have been getting some ridiculous quotes back. Anyone have a recommendation? I'm located in southwest suburbs but willing to drive.

Note: using this thread as a reference for pricing, most of my quotes have exceeded what dealers were asking. https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1848867
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2023, 12:16 PM   #2
boostednorm
Private
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Competition xDrive

Garage List
On my Cayman I had https://metricautoworks.com/ install some coilovers and they did a great job and I still have my arms and my legs. I highly recommend them for any German car.

-Norm
Appreciate 1
      07-12-2023, 01:02 PM   #3
EatThatLunchBaby
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: ‘23 M3 Comp xDrive

Garage List
I’ve only started going here, but I like the shop and the work they do. I haven’t had them quote me anything out of the ordinary either.

https://orrautosport.com

My previous go-to shop for German cars was Nur Technik, but they specialize more on Audi. They did my midpipe install and I was pleased with the job/price
Appreciate 2
      07-12-2023, 10:54 PM   #4
Ximian
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
2021 BMW M3  [0.00]
For the shops here, the labor rate is somewhat high compared to other parts of the country. If you're aiming for the quotes of 450 or less, you might be able to get a referral to a "dude" that will do it.

Many of them are also wary of people bringing in aftermarket parts for install if you're a new customer. You'll have to build a relationship with one of the shops and one day you might get better quotes with aftermarket parts you provide.
      07-20-2023, 01:21 PM   #5
Pistolpet3
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks everyone, I live close to Orr and they unfortunately won't do any aftermarket suspension mods.

Imola and Eurotech were who I was referring too in the original post and they were asking between $2,400 and $3K, which I thought was crazy.

Getting break in service completed next Monday then taking in for suspension work after that, will update the thread after with who I end up going with in case anyone else is wondering.
Appreciate 1
      07-20-2023, 01:37 PM   #6
EatThatLunchBaby
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: ‘23 M3 Comp xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistolpet3 View Post
Thanks everyone, I live close to Orr and they unfortunately won't do any aftermarket suspension mods.

Imola and Eurotech were who I was referring too in the original post and they were asking between $2,400 and $3K, which I thought was crazy.

Getting break in service completed next Monday then taking in for suspension work after that, will update the thread after with who I end up going with in case anyone else is wondering.
Odd to me that Orr wouldn’t do any suspension installs. I thought they would be able to do any work with their BMW Motorsport background. Either way, let us know how it goes!
Appreciate 1
      07-20-2023, 04:03 PM   #7
Ximian
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
2021 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EatThatLunchBaby View Post
Odd to me that Orr wouldn’t do any suspension installs. I thought they would be able to do any work with their BMW Motorsport background. Either way, let us know how it goes!
They'll happily do a coilover install and things like rod bearing replacements which they have done for me and others in the past.

This is slightly different as there are issues (NVH, fitment, etc) that can arise replacing aftermarket springs on a stock suspension. I remember EuroTech had an issue with someone leaving bad reviews after one of their side mirrors rusted off because EuroTech took it through a car wash once. Some customer's are odd so it's all part of building a relationship with the shop.

MNBMW Facebook group might be able to provide a referral to someone that can do the install for a cheap price.
      08-19-2023, 07:02 AM   #8
Pistolpet3
Enlisted Member
Rep

Following up in case anyone is interested. Ended up getting quotes from 7 different shops around the twin cities, they ranged from $800-3K for install. The three highest quotes did include alignment, cheaper did not.

Ended up going with Ratified motorsports in Chaska. They did a great a job, willing to work with me to get the adjustable height exactly where I wanted and even did some extra work on trying to ensure the fender rub issue was fixed due to having pzeros.
Appreciate 0