04-21-2023, 06:44 PM   #1
EatThatLunchBaby
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: ‘23 M3 Comp xDrive

Garage List
MN G8X Owners

I wanted to start a thread for fellow M3/4 owners in Minnesota. We have some good HPDE sessions coming up and I was hoping to do some cars and coffee (as the weather allows). I’m south of the metro area currently, but I would love to see everyone else’s rides soon as this snow (hopefully) settles down!

Quick roll call on our rides?! I’ll start with a ‘23 M3 Comp xDrive in Dravit Grey
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-21-2023, 08:09 PM   #2
Ocho
MNBMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

I’m also south metro. I’ve been rolling around in this C8 I picked up last year, but I know I’m a BMW guy at heart. I plan on getting into a G80 soon. Much more practical at this point in my life than the C8 is too. C8 is fun as hell though!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      04-22-2023, 06:28 AM   #3
EatThatLunchBaby
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
I’m also south metro. I’ve been rolling around in this C8 I picked up last year, but I know I’m a BMW guy at heart. I plan on getting into a G80 soon. Much more practical at this point in my life than the C8 is too. C8 is fun as hell though!
In case you’re wondering… hell yes I want to see that C8 also! What a nice ride, are you planning on keeping both if you go with a G80? Or do you require more doors due to a growing family like myself? 😄
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2023, 08:28 AM   #4
EatThatLunchBaby
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Has anyone in the metro area done any exhaust mods to their rides? I was thinking about pulling the trigger soon and it would be helpful to get some real world examples
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2023, 05:37 AM   #5
EatThatLunchBaby
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Anyone else here planning on doing any of the North Star Caffeine & Octane events this summer? This one is next weekend and I’m thinking about making the drive

https://automotorplex.com/events/apr...e-octane-4pra6
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2023, 12:13 PM   #6
sk0rchi
Private
Rep
Drives: '24 G80 M3 CS, '23 G07 X7-40i

Possibly will make the trip out this weekend. Fingers crossed for dry weather. If it doesn't work this month, I'm planning to visit in subsequent months.

prev:
'22 G80 M3Cx; '20 G05 X5-M50i; '19 G05 X5-40i
Appreciate 1
      05-08-2023, 12:59 PM   #7
EatThatLunchBaby
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk0rchi View Post
Possibly will make the trip out this weekend. Fingers crossed for dry weather. If it doesn't work this month, I'm planning to visit in subsequent months.
Weather has been really up and down lately, hopefully we get one good morning next weekend! Please, please, please let me check out that sweet new CS as soon as possible! I did some snooping on your profile and I REALLY want to see that thing in person 😁
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2023, 12:23 PM   #8
Team Tonka
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 xDrive Comp.

Unfortunatley I won't be able to make this one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatThatLunchBaby View Post
Anyone else here planning on doing any of the North Star Caffeine & Octane events this summer? This one is next weekend and I’m thinking about making the drive

https://automotorplex.com/events/apr...e-octane-4pra6
Appreciate 1
      05-25-2023, 11:13 PM   #9
EatThatLunchBaby
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Just received some pics from my first track day over at DCTC! Couple of decent shots as I was chasing my buddy in his STI. This car is an absolute blast and I’m really excited for the next time out now that I have my midpipe installed 😎
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Ximian1919.00
      06-04-2023, 02:27 PM   #10
EatThatLunchBaby
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Have fun this weekend at BIR to all the BMWCCA members! Stay safe and get some good laps in. Post your lap times or any photos you have, I’d love to see what I’m missing out on 🏎️
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2023, 09:58 PM   #11
EatThatLunchBaby
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Shoutout to the Alpine White G80 out at DCTC tonight! Bummed we couldn’t get you in the final session but it was fun seeing a fellow M3 out there! You were definitely hard to keep up with, even on those corded tires
Appreciate 1
      06-10-2023, 12:34 PM   #12
EatThatLunchBaby
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Some shots from the event yesterday. Weather couldn’t have been better

I added in a shot my pit crew took of me explaining why I went off track after turn 1… long story short, I think there was a UFO that showed up and shined a reflection in my eye at the exact moment I was about to hit the apex
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Ocho3.00
      06-10-2023, 01:30 PM   #13
dasmikechen
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 xdrive

Love the UFO reference, hope it's a call-back to the drivers meeting 🤣🤣

Wish I got more seat time yesterday, but tires gave out. Wonder if they didn't cool between sessions enough, might bring a sprayer next time 😬 If anyone asks, they were MPS4S, with 3500 miles on them. Maybe 8 or 9 20 minute track sessions, two events.

Nice to meet you there! Once I get new tires I'll be glad to meet up at some events. Thanks for teaching me how cool the lap timer was and letting us try out those carbon buckets! I don't think my lap times reflect you chasing me down, that or manual shifting slowed me significantly 😉

I also went 4 wheels off right before (or just after?) you. I think it was my tires failing or overheating, as I never had trouble with that section before. The track monitor had to be questioning his eyes when he had to talk to two G80s in a row 🤣
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      06-10-2023, 02:05 PM   #14
EatThatLunchBaby
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasmikechen View Post
Love the UFO reference, hope it's a call-back to the drivers meeting 🤣🤣

Wish I got more seat time yesterday, but tires gave out. Wonder if they didn't cool between sessions enough, might bring a sprayer next time 😬 If anyone asks, they were MPS4S, with 3500 miles on them. Maybe 8 or 9 20 minute track sessions, two events.

Nice to meet you there! Once I get new tires I'll be glad to meet up at some events. Thanks for teaching me how cool the lap timer was and letting us try out those carbon buckets! I don't think my lap times reflect you chasing me down, that or manual shifting slowed me significantly 😉

I also went 4 wheels off right before (or just after?) you. I think it was my tires failing or overheating, as I never had trouble with that section before. The track monitor had to be questioning his eyes when he had to talk to two G80s in a row 🤣
Hahah yeah I’m glad you found me and got the reference and it was too bad you couldn’t finish the day. My tires were melting also but I only have 5, 20 min session on them & about 3K miles maybe.

Pretty sure we both went off on the same lap, but I’m not sure lol I tried to go full throttle into turn 1 and as the weight transferred I had too much steering input. Needless to say, I didn’t make that mistake again! Definitely an “oh shit” moment going sideways towards the cement blocks at 85mph. I’m proud of my recovery ability! Shout out to Ximian for teaching me some good skills during the winter driving school, I definitely used what I learned yesterday.

The paint job got a few battle scars from the rocks, but that’s what it’s all about, right? 🤣

Hope to see you (and maybe some other G8Xs) out on the tracks this season!
Appreciate 2
Ximian1919.00
      06-15-2023, 07:25 PM   #15
Zamorskii
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '23 M3CX

I am not so much into burning through my tires in half a day, but hoping to make it to Cars & Coffee or one of those events over the summmer.
      04-06-2024, 06:22 PM   #16
Ocho
MNBMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Just rolled around with a dravit grey g80 in the South Metro area for a bit. I had to run but lmk if you’re on here and live in the area and lets meet up!
Appreciate 1
btnk4.50
      04-07-2024, 10:39 AM   #17
btnk
Registered
Rep
Drives: M3 competition x-drive

That was me. Had to get the groceries home but would love to meet up. My wife loved the color on yours BTW.
Appreciate 1