BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

06-12-2021, 07:04 AM   #1
bimmermann88
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW g05

Ordering an M3 xDrive in Sept/Oct as a Christmas gift for myself

I'm want buy myself an IOMG M3C xDrive as an early Christmas present this year, so I want to order it at the end of September early October!

By that will things start to smooth out so it’s easier to get a allocation, discounts, and black wheels?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2021, 07:25 AM   #2
FLOSS M
///M3
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 22 M3 X-Drive

I'm thinking the same... lease is up in December. Really want the black wheels too.
Appreciate 1
      06-12-2021, 08:01 AM   #3
Oswiff
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 m5 comp

From what I've read the chip shortage is supposed to last through 2021. The manufacturers have to work through the increasing daily backlog. Just speaking for cars, all the thousands of cars that have been built over the last couple months sitting in parking lots all over the country and world that are only missing microchips would slowly be completed.

That's not to say you can't get some discount in September/October. Buyers are able to still find some money off cars today but you do have to put in more work then you normally would. A friend just picked up a new 4 door rs5 earlier this week and got 5.5% off. Not sure what those cars discounted under "normal" times but hearing so many cars going at msrp, I don't think that's terrible.
Appreciate 1
      06-12-2021, 02:40 PM   #4
Dynamic3
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 22 M3Cx

Are you buying the car all cash? If not, be mindful that even if you do get a modest discount, it will likely be eroded by higher interest rates in a few month’s time. Get the car as soon as you can and powdercoat the wheels.
Appreciate 1
      06-12-2021, 03:41 PM   #5
bimmermann88
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW g05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamic3 View Post
Are you buying the car all cash? If not, be mindful that even if you do get a modest discount, it will likely be eroded by higher interest rates in a few month's time. Get the car as soon as you can and powdercoat the wheels.
Yes all cash with a trade in! I'll probably just end up getting another set of wheels anyways
Appreciate 0