home
Technical Sections Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

05-24-2021, 01:03 PM   #1
kevingzx
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M3 Comp

Lets talk e30 mixes

Creating a thread to provide the community some collective insight on e85 mixes for the G80 M3.

I'm currently running JB4(MAP3) with a Fuel-it flex fuel kit. This is my first e85 experience so bare with me.

so far what i have read up on is,

Its best not to run over e30, but its always best to run slightly more ethanol than what your tune requires.

-Cycle 91-93 every 5k miles, to keep fuel system lubricated?

-Test your local gas station e85 supply.

- and make sure to datalog... Anyone know how to read logs?

appreciate any other info. as far ass e30 goes, fucking love it!!! but worries me at the same time in terms of running shit correctly lol.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2021, 03:11 PM   #2
chris3g
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevingzx View Post
Creating a thread to provide the community some collective insight on e85 mixes for the G80 M3.

I'm currently running JB4(MAP3) with a Fuel-it flex fuel kit. This is my first e85 experience so bare with me.

so far what i have read up on is,

Its best not to run over e30, but its always best to run slightly more ethanol than what your tune requires.

-Cycle 91-93 every 5k miles, to keep fuel system lubricated?

-Test your local gas station e85 supply.

- and make sure to datalog... Anyone know how to read logs?

appreciate any other info. as far ass e30 goes, fucking love it!!! but worries me at the same time in terms of running shit correctly lol.
I've been on e30 for a couple weeks now. Not currently running a fuel-it although I have used it on previous cars and might do it here in the future, but for now I've just been calculating the mix and have manually tested it a couple times to confirm that it's close.

The more ethanol content you add the more fuel that is needed to maintain the target afr, so the main thing you are looking for in the logs specifically as it pertains to the ethanol blend is that the fuel trims are not constantly maxing out (reading 50 on the fuel trim value). The JB4 has an AFR safety that will trigger if the cars AFR gets too far out of spec, if this happens you will automatically drop down to map 0.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2021, 03:55 PM   #3
kevingzx
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris3g View Post
I've been on e30 for a couple weeks now. Not currently running a fuel-it although I have used it on previous cars and might do it here in the future, but for now I've just been calculating the mix and have manually tested it a couple times to confirm that it's close.

The more ethanol content you add the more fuel that is needed to maintain the target afr, so the main thing you are looking for in the logs specifically as it pertains to the ethanol blend is that the fuel trims are not constantly maxing out (reading 50 on the fuel trim value). The JB4 has an AFR safety that will trigger if the cars AFR gets too far out of spec, if this happens you will automatically drop down to map 0.
Thanks for info much appreciated. ill keep make sure to keep my eye out on the logs!
Appreciate 0