Technical Sections Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

05-24-2021, 08:58 AM   #1
G82guy
Registered
Rep
Drives: M4 competition

JB4 on my M4C G82

Hey guys

So I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue before. I ordered the jb4 for my g82 , installed it and
It seemed to be working with 91/93 octane. The jb4 app logs told me I was hitting 22.5 psi and significantly lower on map0(stock) around 19 psi. My issue is a strange one that I couldn't find an answer to on Google. The airconditioning system does not want to blow cold air when my jb4 is installed. Had a professional install it and remove it and he too is stumped. Once completely removed, air conditioning works as it should. Has anyone else had this happen?

I emailed jb4 and they just told me maybe we installed the obd2 cable wrong which causes canbus issues but yeah we definitely didn't install it wrong. I haven't emailed them back. I'm wondering if its just a defective unit.

Also forgot to mention once I started the car after installing the jb4 I got a CEL error for drive train on the car which disappeared seconds later no trace.

I also ran the jb4 code checker and it gave me wastewater electrical signal no boost,put the car in diagnostic mode and cleared the codes with the app and they never came back
Thanks

Last edited by G82guy; 05-24-2021 at 09:08 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2021, 09:08 AM   #2
chris3g
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 xdrive

ive been running the jb4 for a few weeks and did not have any of those issues. The initial CEL could have been caused by the battery not being disconnected or the car not fully sleeping when the various sensor connections were removed during the installation. For the air conditioning did you go into the HVAC menu on the screen and confirm the AC option is turned on?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2021, 10:57 AM   #3
G82guy
Registered
Rep
Drives: M4 competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris3g View Post
ive been running the jb4 for a few weeks and did not have any of those issues. The initial CEL could have been caused by the battery not being disconnected or the car not fully sleeping when the various sensor connections were removed during the installation. For the air conditioning did you go into the HVAC menu on the screen and confirm the AC option is turned on?

True. I installed it without disconnecting the battery. Triggered the computer to wake up a few times during the install by opening the doors on accident and what not. As far as the AC, it seemed like the functions of the AC were acting weird. If i turned the fan on by pressing the up arrow multiple times it wouldnt turn on. The only way the fans would turn on is if i clicked the MAX AC button where it would turn on recirculation as well and the fans to the max, but still would not blow cold air. All was normal when i got rid of the jb4
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2021, 12:04 PM   #4
Der_Wolf
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 G82 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by G82guy View Post
True. I installed it without disconnecting the battery. Triggered the computer to wake up a few times during the install by opening the doors on accident and what not. As far as the AC, it seemed like the functions of the AC were acting weird. If i turned the fan on by pressing the up arrow multiple times it wouldnt turn on. The only way the fans would turn on is if i clicked the MAX AC button where it would turn on recirculation as well and the fans to the max, but still would not blow cold air. All was normal when i got rid of the jb4
How did the professional installer not have the battery disconnected/ let you open the doors a few times during the installation? Its pretty clear in the installation manual to not do this.

///M
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2021, 12:19 PM   #5
chris3g
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 xdrive

personally i would reinstall it and try again, this really doesn't need professional installation and once you learn how to get to all the connectors you will be able to install and remove very quickly which is a big advantage of the jb4 in the first place. I would also check the AC setting in the menu system as i recall having to re-enable that at some point on my car (can't recall if it was after i installed the JB4 though) and afaik that setting is not adjustable anywhere else other than digging through the menu. I think it is really unlikely to have a defective unit where everything works properly but the HVAC system.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2021, 12:39 PM   #6
kevingzx
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M3 Comp

i too have JB4 installed, the other day air was not blowing at all after start up even at MAX AC, and after a few minutes of driving it sorted itself out.
Appreciate 0