05-24-2021, 11:02 AM   #23
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by snareman View Post
How do you like the blue seats with the Enzian? I really wanted those seats and almost ordered SPY to get them, but I was too nervous to order them with Enzian without seeing the colors together in person.
I think it looks good. Wanted some contrast this time. i usually get black. I might replace the SPY bits with either black or maybe red to match the calipers. the YMB is in tribute to my 2015 M3 which I absolutely loved except for the DCT.
      05-24-2021, 01:28 PM   #24
frankiebones
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Fire Orange G80 6MT

Quote:
Congrats. It's a gorgeous color. Now would it have been so hard months ago to say we were getting the same color?
Agreed. It was quite pompous but at least it kept the forums interesting while we were waiting for driving reviews.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2021, 01:29 PM   #25
frankiebones
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Fire Orange G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by karussell View Post
dealer asked i didn't post it and never got a clear answer why but i didn't want to rock the boat.
You could have maybe told us that so we didn't think you were out of your mind lol. I apologize for calling you pompous.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2021, 01:06 AM   #26
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Picked up my car finally last weekend.
This is my 7th M3 so wanted to compare it to the others.

My First Impressions of G80 M3

8/10 Manual: far better than F8X but still needs cutch stop and SSK. I have my Doug Whalen knob ready to go. Easy to shift and comfortable. Rather notchy for BMW. Auto Rev match is fine. You can do it yourself easily too as pedal placement/travel is ideal. Wish Porsche would do that in the GT3!

9/10 Driving Dynamics: I was immediately comfortable in this car. It drives like an M3. Was worried about climbing in and finding out I got an M5 but it feels as eager and tossable as the M2. Compared to F8X it’s eliminated a lot of that loose feeling in the rear making for an immediately confident drive. There are shades of E46 nimbleness here. Combined with the perfect ratios for the manual this car can really move and puts a big grin on your face! Also highway don’t need to bother downshifting. Gobs of torque will get you to ludicrous speed no problem. If you need a road trip sedan this is it! Can’t wait to drive it again!

5/10 Exhaust Sound: meh. Too quiet. Was hoping for more pops and crackles like the M2. Need some work here. It’s quiet in the cabin which I suppose is good thing but without auditory feedback if you not paying attention to the Speedo could be surprised.

9.5/10 Interior: bucket seats you gotta figure out how to get in and out of them gracefully or you just fall in. I must say the Porsche buckets are better and easier to get in and out of. That hump in between your legs really wish that wasn’t there. It doesn’t necessarily mess with comfort but just annoying to get around. Very comfortable and supportive on long trips and definitely hold you in! The YMB color looks very nice and stitching is superb. The interior finally matches the price these cars command. I don’t like they got rid of switch for lights and the heat/cool air blast adjustments for the vents don’t work very well. Picking your color for accents is really fun too. Wish the digital instrument cluster had round dials. This looks like a truck display.

8/10 Appearance: color is like a darker LSB. Some red tones in it so purple really comes out. Loving it. Nose is fine. Looks better in person. Not gonna win over everyone here. The back end is it’s best quality and those arches! E46 still sexiest M3 ever in my book.

8/10 Electronics: normally I’m not a stickler for the gizmos but I got this for a family ride and better half will also use it from time to time so it has all the safety options.
auto park function wow it’s fun! At first I didn’t trust it but it works great!
Lane change active steering this is lifesaver when you are tired after driving 11 hours round trip!
Heads up display I haven’t figured out how to change it to anything more than speed. Hope it’s like the F80.

Overall I like to take a look back at it when I leave and can’t wait to drive it when I’m not so I think we have a winner! The M3 makes every trip fun and puts a grin on your face. While it’s no Porsche 911 it’s not meant to be. M3 is the Jack of all trades and master of none. (Except drifting hoonage) I’ll test the M drift analyzer once she is broken in. Great job BMW M!

02M3ForMe4255.50
FreeDarko217.00
FloridaM5461.00
Gdiddy23906.50
BimmerFix1384.50
chicagofan0019039.50
CanuckM665.50
heavyD^23688.50
      06-03-2021, 08:18 AM   #27
themnmd
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 X5MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croatian test driver View Post
Quote:
Seems to be both. Enzian (German), Gentian (English). Not sure why this seems to be the only color they offer that goes by names in 2 languages. My sales contract says Gentian, but the sticker under the hood says Enzian. Everyone seems to call it Enzian, and FWIW, I think it's a cooler word.
Right, same case at Porsche. The current 911 (992) is also available in Gentian Blue, the German name for the color is Enzianblau. Interestingly, Porsche's Gentian Blue looks completely different from that of BMW.
That is such a wicked car
Appreciate 1
karussell352.50
      06-03-2021, 09:12 AM   #28
BimmerFix
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 24' M3 Competition RWD

karussell

Some great photos here. Lovely build
karussell352.50
      06-03-2021, 09:41 AM   #29
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerFix View Post
karussell

Some great photos here. Lovely build
Thanks! its so fun around town! I actually went to the local dealership to get some accessories and had a father and son try to open the door thinking it was for sale I was a great ambassador as I opened it up for them and showed them around.
bri10425877.00
      06-03-2021, 10:00 AM   #30
BimmerFix
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 24' M3 Competition RWD

Quote:
Thanks! its so fun around town! I actually went to the local dealership to get some accessories and had a father and son try to open the door thinking it was for sale I was a great ambassador as I opened it up for them and showed them around.
Moments like that just put a smile on your face. Thanks for sharing

Enjoy that beast & be safe
karussell352.50
      06-03-2021, 10:16 AM   #31
xlover
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

karussell such a perfect color for the M3, the interior works wonderfully as well, just enough contrast
Appreciate 1
karussell352.50
      06-03-2021, 12:10 PM   #32
DownShift2Go
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 M3 base

Absolutely stunning M3, my favorite one that I've seen posted here so far.
That is pretty much how I would do my dream spec for the G80.

I have a tough question to ask, if you could only pick one: Carbon seats, or Individual Color, what would it be?
Appreciate 1
karussell352.50
      06-03-2021, 12:24 PM   #33
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownShift2Go View Post
Absolutely stunning M3, my favorite one that I've seen posted here so far.
That is pretty much how I would do my dream spec for the G80.

I have a tough question to ask, if you could only pick one: Carbon seats, or Individual Color, what would it be?
Individual Color! the seats are a work of art but they aren't entirely practical day to day to be honest. that middle bump really is kinda annoying. The color for me though has to be what you really want otherwise you always will regret it. that was me with YMB instead of going LSB.
      06-03-2021, 12:29 PM   #34
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

some more of the interior. i think the lighter blue works pretty well with the darker exterior color. set the interior lighting to blue and its just about perfect! I also thought i would not like the SPY accents but since they are in synthetic suede it actually compliments the blue very well plus the yellow stitching is sweet. happy all around with the interior. my first choice was fiona red but couldn't get the buckets so went for YMB.

02M3ForMe4255.50
      06-03-2021, 10:41 PM   #35
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M8 & X3 ///M40

Quote:
some more of the interior. i think the lighter blue works pretty well with the darker exterior color. set the interior lighting to blue and its just about perfect! I also thought i would not like the SPY accents but since they are in synthetic suede it actually compliments the blue very well plus the yellow stitching is sweet. happy all around with the interior. my first choice was fiona red but couldn't get the buckets so went for YMB.
I'd still be too nervous to order the combo without seeing it in person, but it looks pretty good there.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2021, 09:24 AM   #36
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'd still be too nervous to order the combo without seeing it in person, but it looks pretty good there.
kinda impossible to see it before ordering but i understand that! i wasn't too worried. just didn't want all black interior hiding those seats. this looks better than my gt3 on the inside! if only they kept circular tach and speedo!
      06-04-2021, 10:53 AM   #37
Jproos
Facts matter
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i (2014), M3 (2021)

Quote:
here are some better photos. picking her up this weekend!

more pics to come. still on shipping blocks. have to get to the dealer!

Damn, that's bl👀👀👀👀w!
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2021, 12:46 PM   #38
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jproos View Post
Damn, that's bl👀👀👀👀w!
thats pretty much what i said when i saw it in person first time. and every time i walk into the garage.
      06-04-2021, 12:54 PM   #39
Mperor
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 911S, G80 M3

Quote:
So how are you liking the bucket seats?
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2021, 12:57 PM   #40
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M8 & X3 ///M40

Quote:
kinda impossible to see it before ordering but i understand that! i wasn't too worried. just didn't want all black interior hiding those seats. this looks better than my gt3 on the inside! if only they kept circular tach and speedo!
Hopefully before I get my next one there will be enough around that I can see some of the options in person. I just didn't want to risk an expensive 3-4 year mistake I had to look at every day.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2021, 02:58 PM   #41
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mperor View Post
So how are you liking the bucket seats?
GT3 buckets are more comfortable. not really liking that bump in the middle. getting in and out still a little clumsy. worry about accelerated wear on that outer edge. they are very supportive though and long drive i didn't feel fatigued. i'm sure they will be great on the track! they are works of art though! back and front! i would definitely do it again given the choice.
      06-04-2021, 03:15 PM   #42
Mperor
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 911S, G80 M3

Quote:
Lane change active steering this is lifesaver when you are tired after driving 11 hours round trip!
Just realized you mentioned that in your OP... so you have the Individual color but also the Lane Change Assistance...
but when you play with the Individual Configurator, it says:
"Please note that with U490 BMW Individual paint the function “Lane change assistant”, which is a part of option 5AU “Driving assistant professional” has to be deactivated. This happens by adding option 8TR "decoding additional function"."

I guess either it is not true only as a CYA statement or only apply to certain colors that are not certified - but who knows which ones?!
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2021, 03:54 PM   #43
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mperor View Post
Just realized you mentioned that in your OP... so you have the Individual color but also the Lane Change Assistance...
but when you play with the Individual Configurator, it says:
"Please note that with U490 BMW Individual paint the function “Lane change assistant”, which is a part of option 5AU “Driving assistant professional” has to be deactivated. This happens by adding option 8TR "decoding additional function"."

I guess either it is not true only as a CYA statement or only apply to certain colors that are not certified - but who knows which ones?!
Yep it works. unless there is a function i am missing. it allows me to set how sensitive it is to blind spot detection and lane change. active steering can be enabled. and it definitely works. tested it several times. works great actually.
      06-05-2021, 12:06 PM   #44
Jproos
Facts matter
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i (2014), M3 (2021)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jproos View Post
Damn, that's bl👀👀👀👀w!
thats pretty much what i said when i saw it in person first time. and every time i walk into the garage.
No need to turn the garage lights on when leaving at night, I guess.
Appreciate 1
karussell352.50