home
Technical Sections Wheels / Tires

04-21-2021, 01:09 PM   #1
spacecowboy85
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M3

IND Spacers 15mm buyer beware

All, got 15mm spacers up front and just installed them and they make the tire rub against the wheel well liners please see pictures.

I spoke to IND since their website doesn’t mention any issues. Their response was that they hadn’t tested/driven their car enough so they had no complaints.

As you can see it broke two tabs from the fender lining this was while backing out with some steering. IND said they aren’t willing to swap them out for a smaller size since they aren’t returnable.

Just a heads up to anyone wanting these 15mm up front will rub with the stock wheel and tire.

Cheers
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
emix8473.00
jonahk705.00
      04-21-2021, 09:03 PM   #2
jonahk
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 G80 M3

Garage List
2021 BMW M3  [0.00]
2018 Porsche Macan  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Thanks for the heads up I had these in my cart today. What tires came stock for you?
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2021, 09:11 PM   #3
spacecowboy85
Private First Class
Rep

P-zeros
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2021, 09:48 PM   #4
KevinGS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Past 2015 M4, Current 2013 M3

Many thanks, Space, for the PSA. Much appreciated. 12mm fronts for me then, for my M4 (because I believe the front fender widths are identical between the M3 and M4). That's just too close for comfort for me.

Last edited by KevinGS; 04-22-2021 at 01:08 PM..
Appreciate 1
Osheatwo205.00
      04-22-2021, 01:09 PM   #5
KevinGS
Colonel
Rep

Space, did you have passengers in the car at the time of the rubbing, or were you by yourself?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2021, 03:23 PM   #6
HawaiiG80Green
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

I have 15mm front with Michelins. No rub on mine. The pirellis run bigger
Appreciate 2
jdauti8.50
Saif967.00
      04-22-2021, 04:11 PM   #7
spacecowboy85
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinGS View Post
Space, did you have passengers in the car at the time of the rubbing, or were you by yourself?
I was alone, also I guess it could be that the pirellis run bigger but who knows.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2021, 04:21 PM   #8
KevinGS
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiiG80Green View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecowboy85 View Post
I was alone, also I guess it could be that the pirellis run bigger but who knows.
Pirelli's run bigger? I always thought that the Michelin's blocky profile was bigger than Pirelli's, but I'm unfamiliar with P Zero's so I don't know.

I figured if Pirelli's rub, then definitely Michelin's would rub.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2021, 01:11 AM   #9
HawaiiG80Green
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinGS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiiG80Green View Post
Quote:
Pirelli's run bigger? I always thought that the Michelin's blocky profile was bigger than Pirelli's, but I'm unfamiliar with P Zero's so I don't know.

I figured if Pirelli's rub, then definitely Michelin's would rub.
I have both at my shop. The pirellis have a bigger side wall
Appreciate 1
KevinGS3320.00
      04-24-2021, 07:30 AM   #10
Penguino
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: A car.

Quote:
All, got 15mm spacers up front and just installed them and they make the tire rub against the wheel well liners please see pictures.

I spoke to IND since their website doesn’t mention any issues. Their response was that they hadn’t tested/driven their car enough so they had no complaints.

As you can see it broke two tabs from the fender lining this was while backing out with some steering. IND said they aren’t willing to swap them out for a smaller size since they aren’t returnable.

Just a heads up to anyone wanting these 15mm up front will rub with the stock wheel and tire.

Cheers
That's some shitty response from IND for such a cheap part. They can recommend a spacer size and it rubs, breaks something in your car and their responses is "not my problem".

Last edited by Penguino; 04-24-2021 at 07:35 AM..
Appreciate 4
SYT_Shadow11470.50
Transfer5250.00
BIGW0RM3133.50
      04-24-2021, 09:36 AM   #11
spacecowboy85
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguino View Post
That's some shitty response from IND for such a cheap part. They can recommend a spacer size and it rubs, breaks something in your car and their responses is "not my problem".
I agree, but to be honest I’m done arguing/dealing with situations like these, I just move on. I wrote the post as a heads up not a company bashing post. I mean people are able to formulate their own opinion from this. And that is sometimes the better outcome, let the consumer make decisions based on real customer/seller interactions.
Appreciate 2
      04-24-2021, 12:10 PM   #12
Penguino
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I agree, but to be honest I’m done arguing/dealing with situations like these, I just move on. I wrote the post as a heads up not a company bashing post. I mean people are able to formulate their own opinion from this. And that is sometimes the better outcome, let the consumer make decisions based on real customer/seller interactions.
Agree.

I did see that 12mm/12mm seems to be the best combo anyways.
      04-26-2021, 01:29 AM   #13
Coldsteel16
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I agree, but to be honest I'm done arguing/dealing with situations like these, I just move on. I wrote the post as a heads up not a company bashing post. I mean people are able to formulate their own opinion from this. And that is sometimes the better outcome, let the consumer make decisions based on real customer/seller interactions.
Agree.

I have FC spacers 15 mm front and 12 mm back without any rubbing. I've driven about 300 miles with them so far. I have Michelin 4S on mine though. The quality of the spacers in my opinion are superb!
      04-26-2021, 05:42 PM   #14
TrentMeister
Colonel
Rep
Drives: g82 comp

Yeah the pzero are really fat in the sidewalk department
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2021, 05:58 PM   #15
chris3g
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 xdrive

i have 13mm in the front with pzeros and even those are rubbing a little in reverse when cutting the wheel sharply. I dont think they are going to snap off any of those tabs but it definitely touches that protruding part of the wheel well.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2021, 09:33 PM   #16
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I agree, but to be honest I'm done arguing/dealing with situations like these, I just move on. I wrote the post as a heads up not a company bashing post. I mean people are able to formulate their own opinion from this. And that is sometimes the better outcome, let the consumer make decisions based on real customer/seller interactions.
Agree.

That's what I run on my F82 and I'll likely run that on my G82 as well.
Appreciate 1
Penguino1603.50
      04-28-2021, 03:22 PM   #17
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BMW

Wanted to address a few of the concerns in this post. We have been a sponsor of Bimmerpost for many years and will always take care of the members no matter what.

First. IND does not build any spacers. The brand you are running is from Future Classic and are the best spacers produced on the market in terms of build quality and motorsport testing. They are one of the only spacers brands on the market that come with extended hubs bolts on top of the black extended lugs bolts. They are made right here in IL and all design and testing is completed by Fall-line motorsport.

https://ind-distribution.com/collections/future-classic

Second. The iND wheel spacer information thread was based on the G82 M4 that we own. We created this thread to assist the community and offer some guidance based on the factory ride heights. I'll be updating the thread after the KW HAS kit install and give insight on spacer recommendations after we lower the car. Any G80 member on here is more than welcome to chime in and help the community. For example, 15mm fronts on a G80 with pzero causing rubbing issues in reverse. This kind of information should assist the community and not be used to put down a company on this new platform.

https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1808816
MannyS357.00
mathys198.00
      04-28-2021, 03:30 PM   #18
Penguino
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate@IND View Post
Wanted to address a few of the concerns in this post. We have been a sponsor of Bimmerpost for many years and will always take care of the members no matter what.

First. IND does not build any spacers. The brand you are running is from Future Classic and are the best spacers produced on the market in terms of build quality and motorsport testing. They are one of the only spacers brands on the market that come with extended hubs bolts on top of the black extended lugs bolts. They are made right here in IL and all design and testing is completed by Fall-line motorsport.

Second. The iND wheel spacer information thread was based on the G82 M4 that we own. We created this thread to assist the community and offer some guidance based on the factory ride heights. I'll be updating the thread after the KW HAS kit install and give insight on spacer recommendations after we lower the car. Any G80 member on here is more than welcome to chime in and help the community. For example, 15mm fronts on a G80 with pzero causing rubbing issues in reverse. This kind of information should assist the community and not be used to put down a company on this new platform.

Nobody is putting down a company by simple expressing that the vendor should have handled things better. We can't be so sensitive about customer feedback. You have to welcome both all the positive feedback and a bit of the negative as well. Suppressing customer's opinion is not a good strategy.

I'd expect a vendor to honor any issues if I were to purchase their recommended spacer size.

From a customer's point of view, I'd be much more inclined to continue doing business and recommend business to a shop that steps in and takes care of a customer, specially with such a small ticket item that's sub $100. Even more so when the fitment is being recommended by the vendor as the "most popular" and broke some of the inner suspension panels on the customers car.

"Sorry about that, this is a new platform and we are still experimenting, we'll be happy replace it for a 10 or 12mm spacer if you'd like, at not cost to you". That would get you 10X more business.
ONE1125.00
Ftpohyeah285.00
amzbimmer299.50
BIGW0RM3133.50
nathanm4682.00
Zirenz20061534.50
DS_BMW1599.50
Flying051305.50
TypeDre111.00
      04-28-2021, 03:33 PM   #19
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:

What is the benefit of the extended hub bolts? Sincere inquiry.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2021, 03:42 PM   #20
Nate@IND
Rep

Quote:
Nobody is putting down a company by simple expressing that the vendor should have handled things better. We can't be so sensitive about customer feedback. You have to welcome both all the positive feedback and a bit of the negative as well. Suppressing customer's opinion is not a good strategy.

I'd expect a vendor to honor any issues if I were to purchase their recommended spacer size.

From a customer's point of view, I'd be much more inclined to continue doing business and recommend business to a shop that steps in and takes care of a customer, specially with such a small ticket item that's sub $100. Even more so when the fitment is being recommended by the vendor as the "most popular" and broke some of the inner suspension panels on the customers car.

"Sorry about that, this is a new platform and we are still experimenting, we'll be happy replace it for a 10 or 12mm spacer if you'd like, at not cost to you". That would get you 10X more business.
Any feedback negative or positive is perfectly fine and something we use to grow and make changes. The title of this thread is misleading since we do not produce any spacer kits at IND. This year we celebrate 15 years in business and if any customer on bimmerpost has an issue please reach out to support@ind-distribution.com. As a fellow enthusiast we will not leave any hanging.
      04-28-2021, 04:02 PM   #21
Nate@IND
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
What is the benefit of the extended hub bolts? Sincere inquiry.
The extended hub bolts are beneficial for a few reasons. One of the best is lining up the lug bolts during install. The hub bolt on the spacer keeps the lug hole fully aligned. The hub bolts also reduces the chance of any vibrations since the new spacer set is fully secured. Third, the spacer stays "locked" in place when you remove the wheel.

Limegrntaln13414.00
MannyS357.00
      04-28-2021, 04:03 PM   #22
Penguino
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Any feedback negative or positive is perfectly fine and something we use to grow and make changes. The title of this thread is misleading since we do not produce any spacer kits at IND. This year we celebrate 15 years in business and if any customer on bimmerpost has an issue please reach out to support@ind-distribution.com. As a fellow enthusiast we will not leave any hanging.
Does that include the OP as well? OP, just email at the email above and they'll take care of you. Thank you Nate for stepping up.
sleepy75106.00