BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
Technical Sections Coding, Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

05-12-2021, 08:44 PM   #23
35mphgolf
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ‘18 Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonahk View Post
Sort of off topic but nice to see another BlueSound Node user! I came from a Sonos connect and holy cats it's so much more responsive. Mine is connected to a Rotel 60w 2ch amp (using their DAC) driving KEF ls50s and a SVS sb1000. It's so overpowered for my office it's redic and I love it

I also started to notice the difference in compression for the first time on Spotify. I haven't tried tidal on the Node yet but I'm afraid if I do I'll never go back and there is a LOT of music "missing" from Tidals library at the moment. Looking forward to Spotify Hi-fi and REALLY hope I can stream that from my phone when I'm in my car, too.

Anyways back to the thread
Nice! I almost got those Kefs, couldn’t find any to audition though…

I’d recommend trying Tidal for a week (pretty sure it’s free). MQA is nice even if you can’t do the full unfold, it still reveals more sound.

In a car I’ve never heard the difference between MQA and CD quality, but I’ve also only heard factory systems with no sound insulation or DSP/DAC up to the task (check the Audioquest DragonFly Cobalt DAC).

HK is now the base system for BMW yah? I haven’t heard the B&W package but I’d like to. See if it’s worth that $4k… probably not but I’m sure it has its benefits.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2021, 08:53 PM   #24
35mphgolf
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ‘18 Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri1042 View Post
…Outside of that, adjust to your ears and your music.
100%

My local home audio shop had me do the same thing. I walked in there with my “I googled it and know exactly what I want” speech… they had me blind listen to a variety of speakers. Needless to say, what I read and what I liked were very different.

Your ears don’t lie.
Appreciate 0