BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
Technical Sections Coding, Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

05-31-2021, 03:28 PM   #1
LuckyBrand
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15, G05 X5, G80 M3 6sp

Split Screen

I used to be able to split screen NAV and stereo in my last BMW and now I've scoured every menu and manual and I can't figure out how to do it in my G80. I'm thinking were not able to do it now? I see we can put the radio information in the gauge cluster so maybe that's why? If I use NAV I can split screen and have another form of NAV in it but no stereo? Anyone else?
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2021, 05:07 PM   #2
Der_Wolf
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 G82 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyBrand View Post
I used to be able to split screen NAV and stereo in my last BMW and now I've scoured every menu and manual and I can't figure out how to do it in my G80. I'm thinking were not able to do it now? I see we can put the radio information in the gauge cluster so maybe that's why? If I use NAV I can split screen and have another form of NAV in it but no stereo? Anyone else?
There is a split screen option in the BMW nav but I've never used it

///M
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2021, 11:22 AM   #3
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M8 & X3 ///M40

There is the split screen option. What I wish I could do with it would be to have Waze replace the stock nav on the main split screen with the other widgets that I have set on the right side of the screen. Although I guess either you are in android auto or you aren't. It'd be great if they had Waze as a stock app like they do with Spotify, although that would negate the need or the BMW nav which I don't use at all now that I can get the Waze crowdsourced info.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2021, 12:12 PM   #4
Murf
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 G80 M3C - Dravit Grey

Isn't that the default home screen? Maps on left and 2 smaller boxes with Radio and Phone on the right? At least mine is.

I re-configured so that maps are on cluster and Radio, Phone and either weather or a car data related widget are on the main screen.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2021, 05:16 PM   #5
LuckyBrand
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der_Wolf View Post
There is a split screen option in the BMW nav but I've never used it
Yup. There is on the NAV but I want NAV and radio split like on my old F30.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snareman View Post
There is the split screen option. What I wish I could do with it would be to have Waze replace the stock nav on the main split screen with the other widgets that I have set on the right side of the screen. Although I guess either you are in android auto or you aren't. It'd be great if they had Waze as a stock app like they do with Spotify, although that would negate the need or the BMW nav which I don't use at all now that I can get the Waze crowdsourced info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Isn't that the default home screen? Maps on left and 2 smaller boxes with Radio and Phone on the right? At least mine is.

I re-configured so that maps are on cluster and Radio, Phone and either weather or a car data related widget are on the main screen.
On my default screen it's whatever media like Sirius, radio etc. I have the map in my cluster in the center but I would like to have on the infotainment screen the NAV and my media like Sirius, etc split like on my old F30 did. The only split I've been able to get is NAV screens on this one. Oh well I guess
Appreciate 1
FITM3NT540.50
      06-02-2021, 07:41 AM   #6
LuckyBrand
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf View Post

Okay so I think I've figured it out lol. And now I see what your saying with the home button. When I hit the home button, yes you see a map, phone connection and media/radio. If I hit the media button all I can get is media/radio so I guess the home button is where it's at!

Thanks for the help!
Appreciate 0