home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums USA - Southeast

04-26-2022, 06:06 PM   #1
Imola3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Mk.7 Golf R

Anyone order from Ferman BMW in Clearwater

They want a $1500 non-refundable deposit to get on the G80 waitlist, I'm curious who on here has order a G80/82 from them. How was your experience?

Thanks in advance
      04-28-2022, 09:22 AM   #2
EABbGD
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: GT350

I tried to order from them in Q3 last year. Couldn’t get return calls, then after weeks of trying I finally got an assistant that played dumb about an allocation. After another few weeks I finally got a salesman and at that point (October) they were not looking for a deposit but I would have been 6th on their waitlist. I ended up ordering from Bert Smith in St. Pete and took delivery a few weeks ago. They were much better to deal with but did ask for a $3k deposit that woudlnt be refundable once the order was locked in. I forget the status number code that corresponded but effectively once the vehicle entered production and I couldn’t make changes any more the deposit was locked.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2022, 09:34 AM   #3
modat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 IOMG M3 Xdrive

I put in an inquiry on an in stock vehicle 4 months ago.

They have been calling me every other day since then about adding me the their waitlist. I ended up having to block them
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2022, 05:26 PM   #4
Imola3
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EABbGD View Post
I tried to order from them in Q3 last year. Couldn’t get return calls, then after weeks of trying I finally got an assistant that played dumb about an allocation. After another few weeks I finally got a salesman and at that point (October) they were not looking for a deposit but I would have been 6th on their waitlist. I ended up ordering from Bert Smith in St. Pete and took delivery a few weeks ago. They were much better to deal with but did ask for a $3k deposit that woudlnt be refundable once the order was locked in. I forget the status number code that corresponded but effectively once the vehicle entered production and I couldn’t make changes any more the deposit was locked.
Bert Smith (if I remember correctly) currently wants the $3k deposit still and $5k over MSRP when I take delivery. Ferman only wants $1k over (which I'll stomach), I just don't want to get screwed and have to wait a 15+ months when then guy said it'll only be 6 months.
      04-28-2022, 05:29 PM   #5
Imola3
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by modat View Post
I put in an inquiry on an in stock vehicle 4 months ago.

They have been calling me every other day since then about adding me the their waitlist. I ended up having to block them
Interesting, the guy I was talking to didn't seem that motivated to add me to the list, but I've only been talking to him for a few days.

Part of me wants to just say screw it and send him the $1500, and another part of me is like ehhh what if I change my mind? I get why they have the non-refundable deposit given how many people on just this forum have deposits down with several different dealers.
      04-28-2022, 06:43 PM   #6
Digitalfujjjrel
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330E BMW M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imola3 View Post
They want a $1500 non-refundable deposit to get on the G80 waitlist, I'm curious who on here has order a G80/82 from them. How was your experience?

Thanks in advance
Go to fields bmw in Lakeland. MSRP. You can also ventured to Bmw Tampa but last time they were charging 5k over msrp
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2022, 06:54 PM   #7
Imola3
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digitalfujjjrel View Post
Go to fields bmw in Lakeland. MSRP. You can also ventured to Bmw Tampa but last time they were charging 5k over msrp
I called Fields, they said they charge MSRP but that it would be at least a year because they hardly ever get allocations.
      04-30-2022, 12:11 AM   #8
EABbGD
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imola3 View Post
Bert Smith (if I remember correctly) currently wants the $3k deposit still and $5k over MSRP when I take delivery. Ferman only wants $1k over (which I'll stomach), I just don't want to get screwed and have to wait a 15+ months when then guy said it'll only be 6 months.
Yeah Bert Smith wants $5k now over msrp. I got a mrsp deal but I ordered a while back. Just hated the interaction with Ferman.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2022, 08:44 AM   #9
top-down
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 22 M3 MT, 22 X5 45e

Garage List
  [0.00]
I usually like Bert Smith but yeah the over MSRP sucks. Last time I was there they had a nice M3 competition in Toronto Red that was a trade-in, sadly did not have bucket seats (really want to try those out). $93K. I think the tampa dealer was 15k over when I last asked. Some of the waitlists are huge, when I called Ferman early April they had 21 people in line for an M3 allocation.
Appreciate 0