BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

01-26-2022, 08:01 AM   #1
rodethelightning
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW G82

Insane wait time - Southeast Asia (Indonesia)

I have placed an order in mid last year in Indonesia for a BSM G82 with Kyalami Orange interior. I'm beyond excited as the wait time is almost over (heard that it will arrive in May). Can't wait for it to arrive and start detailing the car in my garage

From what I heard though, for new customers ordering G82, at the moment the waiting time is insane, if you order now then you expect for it to arrive in late 2023, or early 2024. Has anyone also experience this crazy waiting period in other countries?

Also in Indonesia we are only given two choices, a regular M4 Competition with drive away price of $168,000 USD (5 color options, BSM, Brooklyn Grey, Toronto Red, Alpine White & SPY. Regular seats with no Carbon exterior package), or you can upgrade to an M4 Competition Individual Spec for approx $42,000 USD, which include the Carbon exterior package and also Carbon Seats (car only available in frozen colors).

It is very sad that we can't only choose to add carbon seats as an option. I'd love to have the carbon seats on the car but I couldn't spend a further 40k+ USD for that, sadly.

Just curious that whether there are other countries that provide limited options to spec their M3/M4 or is it just us?
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2022, 08:38 AM   #2
jimbethesda
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 (F80)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodethelightning View Post
I have placed an order in mid last year in Indonesia for a BSM G82 with Kyalami Orange interior. I'm beyond excited as the wait time is almost over (heard that it will arrive in May). Can't wait for it to arrive and start detailing the car in my garage

From what I heard though, for new customers ordering G82, at the moment the waiting time is insane, if you order now then you expect for it to arrive in late 2023, or early 2024. Has anyone also experience this crazy waiting period in other countries?

Also in Indonesia we are only given two choices, a regular M4 Competition with drive away price of $168,000 USD (5 color options, BSM, Brooklyn Grey, Toronto Red, Alpine White & SPY. Regular seats with no Carbon exterior package), or you can upgrade to an M4 Competition Individual Spec for approx $42,000 USD, which include the Carbon exterior package and also Carbon Seats (car only available in frozen colors).

It is very sad that we can't only choose to add carbon seats as an option. I'd love to have the carbon seats on the car but I couldn't spend a further 40k+ USD for that, sadly.

Just curious that whether there are other countries that provide limited options to spec their M3/M4 or is it just us?
I can't comment on other countries that have limited options.

Regarding wait times…it consists of two things. One is a production spot (allocation), the other is the time it takes to produce, wait for any missing parts to arrive, and the time it takes to ship it to you.

Currently, all steps are running slower than normal. Allocations are hard to come by. Once a dealer has an allocation, you get a production number and an estimated production week. Do you have a production number? If not, May is just a guess as your dealer doesn't have an allocation yet.
2015 M3 (sold)
2022 G83
Appreciate 1
      01-26-2022, 08:52 AM   #3
GGG333
m
United_States
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodethelightning View Post

I can't believe you guys spend GT3 money on M4's there lol

Here in states , it's roughly 6-8 months wait at this point for individual.
Appreciate 1
      01-26-2022, 05:44 PM   #4
rodethelightning
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbethesda View Post
I can't comment on other countries that have limited options.

Regarding wait times…it consists of two things. One is a production spot (allocation), the other is the time it takes to produce, wait for any missing parts to arrive, and the time it takes to ship it to you.

Currently, all steps are running slower than normal. Allocations are hard to come by. Once a dealer has an allocation, you get a production number and an estimated production week. Do you have a production number? If not, May is just a guess as your dealer doesn't have an allocation yet.
Yeah I think the car industry in here is very unique compared to many countries. Most of the times we can't personalize anything except for the body colors of cars. I wasn't even given the chance to choose the wheels / color of wheels / color of brake calipers.

It works like this for instance: if you want to purchase a 3 series, you are given the options of two models with a pre-selected options from the dealers. No. 1 is a 320i with a dynamic package and No. 2 is a 330i with an M-Sport package. So if let's say the M-Sport package includes an electric power back door which is an option pre-selected by the dealer, and the dynamic package doesn't include that as a pre-selected option, then there is no way for us to purchase a 320i with the option of a power back door.

I find this lack of customization very unfortunate as it means every particular model of cars found on the road has the exact same options. Hope things might change in the future though..

And they didn't give me the production number, what they did was showing me the available allocation slot, and told me that the earliest available allocation was going to be in May 2022. Hope it won't run late fingers crossed
Appreciate 1
      01-26-2022, 06:11 PM   #5
rodethelightning
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK__LA View Post
I can't believe you guys spend GT3 money on M4's there lol

Here in states , it's roughly 6-8 months wait at this point for individual.
Yeah, a new 992 GT3 costs around $700,000 USD here. Even weirder, the new M5 Competition costs $378,000 USD, which means 2.5x price of an M4 Competition, all because of the import tax of a V8 engine.

What costs less in here is the labour cost. We can get our cars nano coated, change the exhausts, install lowering springs for much cheaper in price.
Appreciate 1
GGG333603.50
      01-28-2022, 02:56 AM   #6
wfydaniel
Private
China
Rep
Drives: G30 540i + G82 M4C Xdrive

same experience here, my m4c awd in China Mainland costs me over 180k USD. with the same amount of money i would go for C8 Z06 if i was in the States. too many better choices other than an M4 ....

G30 540i Bluestone
G82 M4C Xdrive IoMG / YMB
Golf 7.5 280tsi White
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2022, 05:01 AM   #7
V-Eight
Captain
Rep
Drives: MY22 M3 G80 Comp.Xdrive

My M3Xdrive here in italy was (fully) spec'd 160k US dollars (140k euros), but....with the discount given, I had a 100k euros final price. For a build like mine (CC brakes included and everything) is not too bad. A GT3 is 200k euros here....and no discount at all from Porsches usually here in europe.

BMW G80 M3 Comp.xDrive 2022 + Jaguar F-Pace SVR v8 2022 + BMW F20 M140i RWD 2017
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2022, 06:17 AM   #8
Topcarbon
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 m4

Not to derail the thread any further, but in mexico usually no discount(i received $310,000 pesos discount), purchased from the salesroom floor with every option

If i had to wait a year, i would chooses something else. Im just not patient
Appreciate 0